Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #105
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
Couldn't be better. You must have been mourning the loss of Rex Ryan, am I right?
I liked Rex but it was time for a change want to see what Bowles will do I like the hire
Old 01-21-2015, 04:54 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0

this year imposible.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:04 AM   #107
Rookie

I play with this:

All madden normal speed
15 min 14sec
all sliders 35
fatigue 70
penalties all 50 except int.grounding 35

enjoy and tell me if you can win.....
Old 01-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I agree with you that Sacks should be incomplete passes and that would be perfect. But donīt give the game yet. just edit trait roster and use proper sliders, you will get realistic QB% and Sacks.

At least for 4 or 5 years.
So I decided to come back to this game after I said I was done. Somehow it draws me back. As much as the sacks were/are killing me this game is IMO really fun to play.

Regarding sacks:

I was finishing Season 2 in my CFM. Playing ALL-PRO Default except Pass Block for CPU at 100 and CPU Interception at 40.. I play as the Eagles FYI. I was still getting tons of sacks but most of the games were competitive. Finished 12-4 and headed into the playoff with almost everyone a 99 Confidence and Bulldozed through the Playoffs Beating NE in the most boring Super Bowl of All-Time 20-0. First Shutout Too, I have started Season 3 and decided to Try a Season worth of Kings Sliders on All-Madden and they are really tough. Maybe too hard for me but I am only in PreSeason so I don't want to give up.

In regards to Sacks with Kings Sliders I have played 2 games. Vs The Browns w/ Nick Foles and Manziel I had 4 sacks, 3 on Manziel one of which was he started to scramble and my DE broke off a block at got him right at the line. Then I played the Cardinals, There QB's are a Rookie and Ryan Mallet. and without QB Edits had 0 Sacks. First time ever. I had hardly any pressure all day. I tried doing some all out blitzes and then got torched deep a few times. My only worry is that I am just not good enough to play on All-Madden as I am rated 91 and the Browns were 78 and the Cardinals were 84. Lost to Cleveland 38-17 and Arizona 37-33. Really struggle stopping them but it's Preseason and my Backups are pretty weak. But with the Fatigue settings tons of guys are coming back in so it can't be all that. I have found I have to use everything at my disposal. I can switch again on D. I can guess Run and Pass. So it's been pretty fun but hopefully i don't go 0-16 with a top tier rated team as I am not sure what to do to not get as many sacks but be able to win consistently with a good team like Philly in my CFM. Again it's only 2 games and PreSeason but so far impressed with the sacks.

Last thing I saw some guys complaining about picks. I am curious how often you force throws when you are about to get sacked and that leads to picks. I have begun to start taking sacks and throwing more balls away and my picks have started to come down a lot. Yeah,taking sacks sucks but it's better than throwing the picks.

Anyway, thanks King, let me know if you have any tips for stopping teams defensively.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #109
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Anyway, thanks King, let me know if you have any tips for stopping teams defensively.
I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders!

As far as playing defense goes:

I'm not familiar with the PHI D scheme or personnel, but I will take a shot anyway:

1) Your current scheme is an Attacking 3-4...Madden doesn't implement 3-4 D as well as 4-3 D, so that's an issue right there...

2) Your personnel isn't that strong...decent, but no spectacular players across the board...

3) Default player styles in the scheme menu aren't accurate...players play better when you set them to either their actual style (visible in roster or player development screens) or to how you'd prefer them to play...I'd go with something closer to:

LDE: 3-4 Versatile
RDE: 3-4 Run Stop
NDT: Run Stop
LLOB: 3-4 Pass Rusher
ROLB 3-4 Pass Rusher
MLB1: Run Stop
MLB2: Run Stop
CB1: Balanced (Boykin)
CB2: Man to Man
CB3: Man to Man
FS: Playmaker
SS: Playmaker

I'd play as the NT and try to play either the gap between the C and LG or the C and RG and try to engage those TWO blockers as often as possible, freeing up the LBs to make a play...I might switch to RDE occasionally on passing downs, to mix it up...

I'd also make sure that your DL was always aligned into a gap...as opposed to straight over a O Lineman...

I'd also adjust the LBs accordingly...that's about all the time you have before the snap anyway...spread / pinch / shift right or left with the DL and / or LBs and you keep the AI off balance...variety of looks over similar / same play calls works...

I use an Attacking 4-3 with MIN and I'd say I send five rushers appoximately 70 percent of the time / six rushers 10 percent of the time and four 20 percent of the time...if you don't play "risk / reward" defense, you're going to have a loooong day...sending three is for Prevent style situations only...

Use Pass Commit when need be, but don't use Run Commit...

Between the "exotic" offense and this style of D and players, this should be a fun and challenging team that SHOULD take a few years to develop into a legit SB contender...

I hope this helps, it was fun to think about!

P.S.:

This year's edition doesn't seem to "like" or implement Man Defense very much / well, so I play Zone about 75 to 80 percent of the time...

Of the remaining 20 percent of the time, I play Man...but use it on 1st Down / Run situations most of the time...I only mix in a Sugar Blitz or some Cover One Man / Cover Two Man plays on obvious passing downs a few times per game...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-23-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 20

i just played a game with King's sliders that were posted...granted it was pre-season, but nonetheless.

Seahawks (me) at Broncos (CPU)
19-21

Total Plays: 66 - 57
Rushing: 107 - 73
Passing: 281 - 215
Total Off Yards: 388 - 288 (65 of my passing yards came on 1 play). Missed a 2 pt conversion with 1:07 to go.

TOP was 27 and change to 24 and change.
Turnovers were 1 for me, 3 for Denver.

Penalties: 6 for me, 3 for Denver.

I had 2 sacks, they had 2 sacks.

I was quite impressed. I tried authentics default AM but Zach Dysert went 20-22 for 318 yards with them, and I just couldn't deal with robo QB who had 66 accuracy or something, and warping, psychic DB's, proving why I always avoided all-madden at all costs.

However these played well. Well enough that I simmed through to the regular season, which will be played at some point tomorrow and until I leave for the Super Bowl on Saturday.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:44 PM   #111
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
Is anyone else experiencing a lot of human thrown interceptions?

Derek Carr threw 3 in a game and then 4 in the next game.

In my Cardinals CFM Carson Palmer just put up 4 INT as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I am, yes.

I did not notice this before, but in the last couple of weeks I've noticed CPU defenders warping some and covering shocking amounts of distance while the ball is in the air. And my pick numbers have risen by 1/3 at least as a result.

I'm not sure what can be done about that, but King would know.
After playing nearly the entirety of 2015, I've come to a "conclusion" regarding the PCV slider...

Like the PRC slider, it MAY actually just be this simple:

Below 50, HUM and / or CPU will "overplay the pass" and "underplay the run", with values above 50 being the opposite...

So:

Based on the observations in quotes, some PM's and my stats, I've decided to make a subtle change and see if this fine tunes the gameplay...

Former:

HUM / CPU

PCV: 35 / 45

Current:

PCV 40 / 50

If my theory is correct, then the CPU will play a "balanced" defense and the HUM will slightly overplay the pass, to keep CPU QB percentages in the desired range...while cutting down on the coverage sacks on both sides of the ball...AND it will make it slightly harder to run the ball, without risking a rebuild of all the sliders that are tied to that...

It's also "proportionate" to the original set, in that both values are simply +5 with the desired differential of 10, that the game seems to function well with...

Anyway:

I can't help but try to fine tune this set, even though it never seems to do much except frustrate me and make me return to what's been posted...

But I gotta try!

Old 01-31-2015, 10:30 PM   #112
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

King I'm confused..if Hum overplays pass wouldn't that cause CPU to take more coverage sacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »