Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #129
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
King what page are your actual sliders u are using and stuff, i have looked back a bunch of pages and didn't see anything
In my blog...

Link:

http://www.operationsports.com/KingV2k3/blog/

I hope they work as well for you as they have for others!

Old 02-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #130
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Ive been there man. Try out FistofRages 2nd set. It plays amazing. Good animations, stats are all in line with real life, games flow well/keep you challenged/immersed and best of all low sacks. Theres also a good amount of variety. Imo the best post patch set out there.
do NOT use this slider set unless you have a solution to fumbles. followed this exact slider set and consistently was getting 8-13 fumbles per game which is 100% unrealistic.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:42 AM   #131
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by holthud321
do NOT use this slider set unless you have a solution to fumbles. followed this exact slider set and consistently was getting 8-13 fumbles per game which is 100% unrealistic.

PLZ tell me your not talking about King's set..cause that is not happening on my end..if u are speaking of Fist set I'm also going to have to disagree..I no longer use his base..but when I was I did not see any numbers that far off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 02-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #132
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by holthud321
Calling BS on this one.

I've played more games on King's set than anyone besides King himself, and I've never seen a game where even half this number of fumbles occurs.

Occasionally, I'll get the odd game where I cause 3 fumbles, but that is a rarity, and much more common is 1-2 total fumbles per game.

INTs can be a bit high, but that's a function of Madden's borked coverage this year.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #133
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Calling BS on this one.

I've played more games on King's set than anyone besides King himself, and I've never seen a game where even half this number of fumbles occurs.

Occasionally, I'll get the odd game where I cause 3 fumbles, but that is a rarity, and much more common is 1-2 total fumbles per game.

INTs can be a bit high, but that's a function of Madden's borked coverage this year.
Going to second this....
Old 02-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #134
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
PLZ tell me your not talking about King's set..cause that is not happening on my end..if u are speaking of Fist set I'm also going to have to disagree..I no longer use his base..but when I was I did not see any numbers that far off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Calling BS on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Going to second this....
I very much appreciate the continued endorsement of "my" set, but it appears as though the poster in question quoted a post by Rickyfins who was showing some luv for Fistofrage's 2nd set...

I think he had a "less than" experience with that one...

I've never played that set, but it does have both HUM and CPU FUM @ 6 (I believe) versus a HUM TAK of 25 and a CPU TAK of 55...

In "theory" I could see how that might lead to excessive fumbles and a dearth of broken tackles...

On the other hand, the engine does accept a number of different combinations, that when in relatively "perfect" consort, can deliver a solid overall experience...

In the set I've been playing, the fumbles are a bit low, because I chose to prioritize the broken tackle stats (that are tied to that slider) simply because that's the most reliable way to get proper YPC...

As ALWAYS, because too many things are tied to too few sliders, you have to "pick your poison"...

Trojan Man brings up an interesting point regarding INTs with "my" set, which was first brought to my attention last night by Rickyfins in the blog / comment section of my arena...

Apparently you guys are seeing slightly inflated INT numbers picked off by the HUM team...

Interestingly, I've played nearly 80 CCM games and did an absurd amount of test games before them...

I'm playing with MIN (which has a very solid defense) and in that large sample, I had a few 2 INT games and NEVER had a game with 3 or more...the vast majority have been ZERO pick games...

Then, this morning I played NYG / Nassib in mid 2016 and picked him off FIVE times!!!

This has been the "story" of slider this year...SOOOOO many variations from game to game / USER to USER over what is now a pretty huge sample...esp. when taking into account my experiences and the experiences of the guys who have played it and reported back...

This recent "pickfest" makes it tempting to mess with the "House of Cards", but that's got a REALLY poor track record...

This set seems to really only like this combination of elements...

Might be interesting to just match the HUM Pass Defense sliders to the current CPU ones and go:

HUM / CPU

PRC: 50
INT: 30
PCV: 50

It keeps the proportions and sub category totals intact, so it prob "works"...but to what degree...I have no clue...

Then again, it may nuke the CPU run game and messing with the blocking sliders on this set has been a disaster every time...

I've been getting consistently solid stats / gameplay and FUN out of my CCM, so I'm not tempted to mess with what's been working for me for a few seasons, but I'm throwing that into the mix...just in case any of you would like to give that concept a whirl and report back...

In the meantime:

Since fumbles are a bit low, it's okay (IMHO) if INT is slightly high...total turnovers is the key overall...

I also figure an extra sack or two makes up for the absence of drive killing penalties (although MIN is currently ranked SEVENTH in team sacks as of the mid point of 2016) , so although that might sound a bit "lazy" with regard to the set???

Well:

Trust me (or don't)...compromises and trade offs have to be made, due to the way the game is coded...

Anyway:

Thanks for the continued interest and:

Happy Gaming, to all y'all!!

And "lastly":

I HIGHLY encourage anyone with a sack issue to play into 2015 and beyond...the CPU roster logic FINALLY starts prioritizing building a decent OL for most teams, so the amount of FA level and lower "roadkill" lineman is cut waaaay down, leading to much better results...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 02-10-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #135
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

How do you deal with the DB warping?

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #136
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
How do you deal with the DB warping?
I find that the only time I personally see DBs warp is when I pass to the wrong guy...

If he's truly the best available option, the AI won't "overcompensate" by warping...

When I'm playing well and making proper reads, I don't see it...

On the rare occasion that I DO see it I look at the replay and realize I threw to the "less than" option and that's the way the game reacts...

There's nothing I've been able to come up with slider or penalty setting-wise, other than setting the level to AP in the Main Menu and AM in CCM only...

That however, has it's own set of less than desirable consequences...makes the HUM run game a little too easy and the sack issue resurfaces in a watered down form...

Too many things affected by too few sliders results in these kinds of tradeoffs...

Sorry I don't have anything more to add on this, but that's the conclusion I've come to after playing this title a bit more than any sane person would...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »