Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 20 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-14-2015, 05:27 PM   #153
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
King and/or Josh--do you use total control passing with your QB? Meaning do you lead recievers and direct your passes? I don't and struggle with low hum QB accuracy. So I usually raise to 25 or so to make up for the fact I don't use directional passing. Just curious. Thanks to both of you for all your work on sliders.
I do as I have the decision making of a HS QB I very much have a gunslinger mentality and it winds up in my getting way too many passes deflected/picked. I'm slowly getting better at checking down though. One thing I will say about the pass lead is that when throws are just offline, it can trigger some very spiffy animations.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 3

@KingV2k3

I actually traded this game in a few months ago b/c of the 'sack glictch', as I like to call it...But I just decided to 'creep' in the Madden forums for a quick visit and happened upon this thread. And dammit! I think you pulled me back into the 'Madden-slideritis' craze and I may take a leap of faith and re-purchase using your AP/AM/AM theory! LOLLLL!!!!

This is a very intriguing proposition that three different pieces have an affect on the overall Madden experience! It always did strike me as odd that you would have these many options to pick for determining difficulty....

If I do decide to re-purchase, would you mind making sure I'm putting all the correct settings in the proper order b/c it seems like if you mess with the 'Madden dominos' that one false step will lead to absolute destruction in this case...sack-fest! LOL! I can stream via twitch and share the video with you (and the community) so we can make sure that all of us are under the same experimental condition!

By the way...which roster set are you using? Any QB Edits, etc?

Man...I said that I would hang the hat up on Madden...BUT there was so much potential and the graphics are sooo freakin' impressive this year...that I'm craving for some football for some reason!

Cheers to you and @JoshC1987 for all the hard work and continuing commitment to finish the job that EA started! #Respect
Old 03-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #155
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@KingV2k3

I actually traded this game in a few months ago b/c of the 'sack glictch', as I like to call it...But I just decided to 'creep' in the Madden forums for a quick visit and happened upon this thread. And dammit! I think you pulled me back into the 'Madden-slideritis' craze and I may take a leap of faith and re-purchase using your AP/AM/AM theory! LOLLLL!!!!

This is a very intriguing proposition that three different pieces have an affect on the overall Madden experience! It always did strike me as odd that you would have these many options to pick for determining difficulty....

If I do decide to re-purchase, would you mind making sure I'm putting all the correct settings in the proper order b/c it seems like if you mess with the 'Madden dominos' that one false step will lead to absolute destruction in this case...sack-fest! LOL! I can stream via twitch and share the video with you (and the community) so we can make sure that all of us are under the same experimental condition!

By the way...which roster set are you using? Any QB Edits, etc?

Man...I said that I would hang the hat up on Madden...BUT there was so much potential and the graphics are sooo freakin' impressive this year...that I'm craving for some football for some reason!

Cheers to you and @JoshC1987 for all the hard work and continuing commitment to finish the job that EA started! #Respect
This is the step-by-step instructions I laid-out in my thread.

Guys....King has discovered a very critical item that dramatically affects how the game plays. We all know about matching the main menu and CFM settings and how that can affect the game. There is actually a third layer - the game difficulty you assign after the Cam Newton intro. For this set to work well, you must absolutely have this set to All Madden. If you do not, you will essentially be playing the game on a different difficulty. There is no way to verify the setting in-game, so if you aren't sure what you set it to, go through the following steps:
  1. In the main menu, go to 'Customize', then to 'Manage Files'. Delete your profile.
  2. Turn off the game and start it back up. You will go through the first time set-up stuff and will go through the Cam Newton intro again.
  3. After the intro plays out (or you exit out of it), you will be asked to select a difficulty. Select All Madden here.
  4. Once you get back to the main menu, set all of your autosubs, game settings, penalty sliders, and game sliders as they are for the current set (or in your CFM if you made personal tweaks).
  5. Go into your CFM and import the sliders using the triangle button (on PS4....no clue what it is on the other system).
Now, if you want to use King's sliders (which are also quite good), set the "Cam Newton Difficulty" setting to All Pro instead of All Madden. My set is designed around AM/AM/AM instead of AP/AM/AM that King uses.

I also see no need for QB edits when using either of our slider sets.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Now, if you want to use King's sliders (which are also quite good), set the "Cam Newton Difficulty" setting to All Pro instead of All Madden. My set is designed around AM/AM/AM instead of AP/AM/AM that King uses.
Please explain this to me because I'm confused by this line. If I was to use an all-pro set (rather than all-madden), I'd change only the intro difficulty to All-Pro but have the others set at All-Madden? Just want to make sure I'd be changing the right one.

And, I know perfectly well about the intro difficulty setting you're referring to - Lost count of how many times the profile thing reset on me this year.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #157
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Please explain this to me because I'm confused by this line. If I was to use an all-pro set (rather than all-madden), I'd change only the intro difficulty to All-Pro but have the others set at All-Madden? Just want to make sure I'd be changing the right one.

And, I know perfectly well about the intro difficulty setting you're referring to - Lost count of how many times the profile thing reset on me this year.
It depends on if you want to go true All Pro or if you want to go modified All Madden, which is what King is doing.

I'd say after hundreds of games of testing that if you want to drastically reduce sacks, you have to go modified All Madden. You simply will see 100 sacks a year, or at least 85, for the user team on true All Pro. If that's your bag, and I know that Armor likes All Pro fine (and I really respect him), then go All Pro, All Pro, All Pro in your Cam settings, your main menu settings, and your CFM internal settings.

If you want modified All Madden using King's sliders (what I recommend), then you set your Cam setting to All Pro after deleting your profile to wipe the slate clean, and you proceed to set your main menu setting to All Madden and your internal CFM setting to All Madden. Doing so will give you the sack fix and more competitive CPU games while mitigating some of the warp issues you get on true All Madden.

I'll say that the game play I'm getting now on AP/AM/AM + King's sliders is by far the best game play I've ever gotten out of Madden. I got 40-some sacks in year one and I have 11 through 4 games in year two.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #158
MVP

OVR: 3

@KingV2k3 & @TrojanMan

What roster set are you all using at the moment (since I assume your both on ps4, like me)?

Are these the most updated set of sliders that you are using as well?

HUM Skill

QB Accuracy – 5
Pass Blocking - 25
WR Catching - 45
Run Blocking – 15
Fumbles - 45
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions – 40
Pass Coverage - 40
Tackling - 35

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 5*
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching - 45*
Run Blocking – 25
Fumbles - 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions - 30
Pass Coverage – 50
Tackling - 35

FG Power – 50
FG Accuracy – 50
Punt Power – 45
Punt Accuracy – 75
Kickoff Power – 50

Injuries - 55
fatigue - 70
Min Player Speed Threshold – 50

Offside - 40
false Start - 60
Holding - 60
Face Mask - 53
Defensive PI - 98
Offensive PI - 100
Punt Catch Interference – 50
Clipping - 60
Intentional Grounding - 80
Roughing Passer - 80
Roughing Kicker - 50
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #159
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Yup, the sliders in my Arena / Blog section are what I'm still using and those appear to be the ones!

I used an EA roster from the week after the trade deadline and am still playing into 2017 / 2018 with MIN using that...

If I were to start today I'd check out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oster-ps4.html

And / Or:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ted-daily.html
Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #160
Rookie

boneyard40's Arena

OVR: 0

Just curious how many minute qters u play and clock runoff. Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »