Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 24 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #185
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I just be doing something wrong in CFM, as I can't get the numbers to match what I have in the main menu.

Oh well. Played one preseason game and fell to the Vikings by 10. Minnesota ripped off several big runs and were run-heavy for the game, which was good to see. I struggled to do much of anything with Oakland, but Carr did show some flashes in his limited time.
You got me on that one...

The values in the Main Menu and CCM are opposite (the "In" and "Out" settings are reversed), but other than that...

???

From what I understand, OAK is a VERY tough team to play as with this set...

I play as MIN (minus AP) and although they're talent laden by comparison and THAT hasn't been easy either...

Old 03-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #186
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
You got me on that one...

The values in the Main Menu and CCM are opposite (the "In" and "Out" settings are reversed), but other than that...

???

From what I understand, OAK is a VERY tough team to play as with this set...

I play as MIN (minus AP) and although they're talent laden by comparison and THAT hasn't been easy either...

Ah, reversed! Didn't realize that (haven't been on the Madden forums much). Thanks!
NBA Live 18 (XB1)
Batman: The Telltale Series (Switch)
Old 03-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #187
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, that CTH @ 50 experiment resulted less than positive results with every attempt to strike a balance similar (or better) than I already have, so I'm stamping my set "Final" and looking into playing some baseball!

Thanks y'all!

King curious what u were seeing that u didn't like 50 CTH..when I switch it I noticed CPU run game torched me bad..I mean for the tone of 260 yards..YPC were around 6.5 (was the Chiefs)..now alitte back ground..I'm trying to rebuild the Titans and playing a 43 under defense with a lot of single high safety..ie Seattle D..now only changes I made to the sliders that differ from urs is: Threshold is at 19 and PCI at 35..now prior to changing to 50 CTH my run d was bad but not that bad lol..wondering if that was what u saw and reason for the switch back to 45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 03-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #188
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
King curious what u were seeing that u didn't like 50 CTH..when I switch it I noticed CPU run game torched me bad..I mean for the tone of 260 yards..YPC were around 6.5 (was the Chiefs)..now alitte back ground..I'm trying to rebuild the Titans and playing a 43 under defense with a lot of single high safety..ie Seattle D..now only changes I made to the sliders that differ from urs is: Threshold is at 19 and PCI at 35..now prior to changing to 50 CTH my run d was bad but not that bad lol..wondering if that was what u saw and reason for the switch back to 45

Yup, I liked the way it opened up the CPU pass, but it also opened up HUM pass and BOTH run games a little TOO much for my liking...attempts to balance that out with a bit more defense created a "domino effect" where EVERYTHING went south...

Including some weird animations where the CPU QB was doing the "robo" cross field throw off his back foot, etc...

The other odd part was CPU playcalling...for some reason TB came out 4 wide most of the time...I suspect it has something to do with the discrepancy between having CTH @ 50 and FUM (RBA) @ 35, though that doesn't seem to have happened to you...

I still think there MAY be something to CTH @ 50, but I'd need a bunch of hours of uninterrupted / marathon game time to "rebuild the house"...which unfortunately, isn't an option right now...

And:

It may just not be a value that CAN be made to work...simply because things seem to get "All Madden-y" when you tread too close to default on an attribute driven slider (like CTH)...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 03-30-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #189
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Ok all have stumbled upon a weird new small issue...two games no sacks! Lol..now alittle info sliders all the same...only thing before this I was always using heatseaker assist as I always play RE..decided to play a couple games without..two games no sacks no pressure really at all..anyone else seen this issue/or good non-issue?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #190
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Ok all have stumbled upon a weird new small issue...two games no sacks! Lol..now alittle info sliders all the same...only thing before this I was always using heatseaker assist as I always play RE..decided to play a couple games without..two games no sacks no pressure really at all..anyone else seen this issue/or good non-issue?

I don't use Heat Seeker or Ball Hawk because in my experience, it just "tilts" the sliders...

Sounds like having it "Off" is an upgrade for you...

ZERO sacks is what I shoot for, because it won't last!

It WILL keep the overall totals much more realistic tho...
Old 04-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #191
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

King was funny is with heat seeker on I was averaging 3-5 sacks..but they were good sacks..but it's almost like it overall effected pass rush..my controlled DE ends up on the ground at least 50% of the time now..and my team overall pass rush is minimal..now I will admit I miss one sack as my controlled DE flew past the QB lol..I also don't hit stick or "button" tackle..I only tackle if I "run into" the offensive player/ball carrier...it a great time don't get me wrong I been waiting for moments like this! I'm almost wondering if this is one of those other contributing factors..it never dawned on me to turn it off..but like you side likely tilted the sliders in my favor..very interesting

Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #192
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

Turn up CPU block sliders past 80. Also turn down your pass coverage sliders this will also require you to tweek QB acc youll have to play with them a bit if you havent already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »