Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 25 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #193
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
Turn up CPU block sliders past 80. Also turn down your pass coverage sliders this will also require you to tweek QB acc youll have to play with them a bit if you havent already.
False on number one. When the pass block sliders are too high the QB will hold onto the ball too long. You need to slow down the pass rush by lowering the offsides slider and raising RTP.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #194
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
False on number one. When the pass block sliders are too high the QB will hold onto the ball too long. You need to slow down the pass rush by lowering the offsides slider and raising RTP.
In my experience Offsides sliders have little effect on the Qb's actions ( I could be wrong ) but when I turned up the pass blocking I noticed the Cpu QB will let it rip a bit more also you have to take into account the QB your facing and their traits but hey im no expert.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #195
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruedarksun
In my experience Offsides sliders have little effect on the Qb's actions ( I could be wrong ) but when I turned up the pass blocking I noticed the Cpu QB will let it rip a bit more also you have to take into account the QB your facing and their traits but hey im no expert.
You're right offsides doesn't affect QB play. However, lowering the offsides slider will reduce the block-shedding ability of defensive player. It is that block shedding ability that leads to the sacks. Raising the pass block slider will give the QB more time to throw deep, but they will also hold onto the ball way too long...compounding the sack issue.

Now, I will say that I looked at your set (which is on All Pro) and on All Pro, you DO have to take some extreme measures to get the sacks under control. Your fundamental statement is flawed, but the execution (for your settings) does make some sense.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #196
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

Ok I see what your saying. And as for my set still getting some weird numbers as far as QB completion Percentage working on that now thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #197
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

King, I'll just say, using your sliders (User WRC slightly increased) has finally resulted in some consistently believable football. Sacks are still on the high side, but within the plausible range of high (and of course, it did not help in the last preseason game when the opposing punter ended up playing QB the 2nd half after injuries to the rest of the team's QBs).

Too bad it took until Baseball season to get things sorted out . . .
Old 04-15-2015, 11:38 PM   #198
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
King, I'll just say, using your sliders (User WRC slightly increased) has finally resulted in some consistently believable football. Sacks are still on the high side, but within the plausible range of high (and of course, it did not help in the last preseason game when the opposing punter ended up playing QB the 2nd half after injuries to the rest of the team's QBs).

Too bad it took until Baseball season to get things sorted out . . .

Texan question..u using heat seeker?

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 AM   #199
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Texan question..u using heat seeker?

Yes.

I am absolutely horrible at playing defense, however (except for pass rushing . . .).
Old 04-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #200
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Yes.

I am absolutely horrible at playing defense, however (except for pass rushing . . .).

Try turning it off..it has significantly lowered my sack totals..

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »