Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Again, King's work here, not mine. I have subs at default and use formation subs in-game to put certain guys in specailty roles.

I have assists on; not sure what King does.

I find with injuries at 50 that I see a great range of short and long-term injuries as well.
So you're using 50 for injuries instead of 55 which is what you have in the OP of King's slider?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Game speed is Slow for me, and injuries are as posted: 55. Sorry for the confusion about that.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Game speed is Slow for me, and injuries are as posted: 55. Sorry for the confusion about that.
What type of things are you seeing with pass block at 25? I haven't seen it there before. Is that part of why sacks are at a good average?
Old 12-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm actually getting complaints that pass rush isn't good enough on my new set Booker...if you can believe that....you might want to try it out....
Old 12-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #21
Rookie

are you using the jump the snap feature? Even without messing with sliders I cut my total in half by just not using that feature

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #22
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweb20
What type of things are you seeing with pass block at 25? I haven't seen it there before. Is that part of why sacks are at a good average?
I get sacked/pressured regularly at 3 seconds if I have a solid line, quicker if I don't.

I get appropriate pressure, I feel, as indicated by the sack numbers I offered, but there are several plays per game where the CPU has a very long time to throw.

That said, King has done the calculus, and while I know that major slider gurus have it at 0, the whole gestalt feel of King's set is superior, at least for me.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

Thumbs down Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
I get sacked/pressured regularly at 3 seconds if I have a solid line, quicker if I don't.

I get appropriate pressure, I feel, as indicated by the sack numbers I offered, but there are several plays per game where the CPU has a very long time to throw.

That said, King has done the calculus, and while I know that major slider gurus have it at 0, the whole gestalt feel of King's set is superior, at least for me.
Thanks for the response. I have played a few games with this set now and am really liking what I'm seeing. Each game has felt different. They're also pretty challenging, especially for me.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #24
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweb20
Thanks for the response. I have played a few games with this set now and am really liking what I'm seeing. Each game has felt different. They're also pretty challenging, especially for me.
Yup, and the key is a 12 to 16 game sample size. Most people on these sub forums will respond after a game, two games, four games--maybe, but you don't really see the good the sliders do until you hit a full season's worth of games.

I have played the first 8 games through with many teams and have seen 3 to 4 game stretches where I'm lights out with the pass rush and I think I'm gonna have one of those lame 100 sack seasons that All Pro sliders deliver, only to watch things cool off in a big way and put me back on track for 40-50 sacks.

There does seem to be a legacy programming thing with the RT giving up too many sacks, and that's not really something that can be removed from the game, but this set represents genuine progress and gives great games.

In 8 with OAK, I was like 2-6; with Miami I was 4-4. I've yet to tear the CPU up over 8 games with any team with this set, though I tend to use middling to downright poor teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »