Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-30-2014, 04:19 AM   #25
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
There is a balm in Gilead.

I was going to wait till I hit the 16-game mark in my OAK CFM to post the sliders and the full-season stats, but I'll give you a quick answer.

KingV2K3 has posted an All Madden set in his arena under the blog heading Madden 15 Stat-Accurate Sliders, or something very close to that.

I use those. 13 minutes, All Madden, 15-second runoff.

I'm currently 4-9. All my stats are amazingly on point. To your direct question, I can totally live with my sack numbers. I have 38 through 13 games. 12 belong to Khalil Mack, 8 to Justin Tuck, and then there's a huge drop-off. Mack's sacks came in 3-4 very big, multi-sack games as well, and I've had 3 zero-sack games thus far. Moreover, I have 5 team INTs in 13 games.

Here's the set, which I'm promoting with his permission:

Check them out, and play for at least 8 games before coming to a judgment, preferably 12. You'll see all kinds of stuff if you commit for the long haul and don't rush to snap judgments if you have a crazy game or two. I had a 7 sack game and a couple 5 sack games, but then lots of 2 sack games, several 0 sack games, and some 4 sack games. Lots of variability here:

HUM Skill

QB Accuracy 5
Pass Blocking - 25
WR Catching - 45
Run Blocking 15
Fumbles - 45
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions 40
Pass Coverage - 35
Tackling - 35

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 4
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching - 45
Run Blocking 25
Fumbles - 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions - 30
Pass Coverage 45
Tackling - 35

FG Power 50
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 45
Punt Accuracy 75
Kickoff Power 52 / 53

Injuries - 55
fatigue - 60
Min Player Speed Threshold 50

Offside - 40
false Start - 60
Holding - 60
Face Mask - 53
Defensive PI - 99
Offensive PI - 100
Punt Catch Interference 50
Clipping - 60
Intentional Grounding - 80
Roughing Passer - 80
Roughing Kicker - 50
THANK YOU for posting these (and King for creating them). They have saved the game for me. LOOK at this after three games (I'm playing as the Chiefs):

7 sacks in 3 games! I used to get 7 sacks PER GAME with every slider set I've tried previously.

I'm currently 0-3 (L vs. Titans 26-24, L @ Broncos 38-10, L @ Dolphins 20-12) and am loving it. Everything is very realistic, stats are coming out beautifully, and the game is just fun again. CPU will chuck it long and not just dink and dunk all day. Running backs can break long gains. QB's will miss their targets occasionally.

Excellent work!

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 12-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #26
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
THANK YOU for posting these (and King for creating them). They have saved the game for me. LOOK at this after three games (I'm playing as the Chiefs):

7 sacks in 3 games! I used to get 7 sacks PER GAME with every slider set I've tried previously.

I'm currently 0-3 (L vs. Titans 26-24, L @ Broncos 38-10, L @ Dolphins 20-12) and am loving it. Everything is very realistic, stats are coming out beautifully, and the game is just fun again. CPU will chuck it long and not just dink and dunk all day. Running backs can break long gains. QB's will miss their targets occasionally.

Excellent work!
Yup, these will give you amazing results.

I recently spoke with King about a test season I ran alongside my OAK one where my sack totals were significantly higher, and we came to the realization that this set will give you good to great games in the sack department 75% of the time or more, but there are a handful of games that you can just tell are "off" by the second quarter or so.

These are the 8-12 sack games that will happen 2-4 times per season. What we discussed doing is simply exiting out of those games and replaying them. What you'll find when you do that is things return to normal. I had a game where I sacked Brady 9 times by the half, exited, replayed it and got him once in 50 attempts.

It's not an ideal solution, but it helps to have a plan so you can eliminate those oddball games that grossly inflate the numbers.

I will say, you won't have to do this often, as the sliders deliver an amazing game most of the time...far more regularly than any other set I've tried.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #27
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Trojan Man nailed it:

It appears as though you're going to encounter a couple games per season where the "scripts" override the sliders and you're on track for a wack result...

I keep two saves of each year of any CCM, so I can store a "less than" result / replay and overwrite with the more desirable result...happens about twice per season...

Small tradeoff, IMHO for the accuracy and variance that the set brings out the vast majority of the time...

I'm pleased that the sets had a slow but steady growth in interest, primarily from long time OS vets who weigh in via PM, etc...

Thanks for trying them out y'all...and:

ENJOY!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #28
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Trojan Man nailed it:

It appears as though you're going to encounter a couple games per season where the "scripts" override the sliders and you're on track for a wack result...

I keep two saves of each year of any CCM, so I can store a "less than" result / replay and overwrite with the more desirable result...happens about twice per season...

Small tradeoff, IMHO for the accuracy and variance that the set brings out the vast majority of the time...

I'm pleased that the sets had a slow but steady growth in interest, primarily from long time OS vets who weigh in via PM, etc...

Thanks for trying them out y'all...and:

ENJOY!
I really haven't seen the 8-12 sack game and I'm using a very similar slider setup as you King.

I'm having some of the best games ever in any Madden and I've been a big time Madden player since SEGA!
My slider set is very close to yours, except I've increased the Defensive sliders and have mine almost exactly equal with the CPU , except for WR cth( user: 25 cpu: 40).
What's even better is I haven't seen the CPU go All-Madden unstoppable with my setup.

Final scores of my last 4 games
24-16 W @ Texans
18-15 W @ Texans
23-18 L vs Jags
27-13 W vs Jags
Note: I've kept replaying the 1st couple games of my Skins season until I was satisfied with how the cpu was playing.

So for anyone still searching for a realistic Slider setup and tired of
messing with sliders. These are a spin off of Kings, enjoy and Happy New Year!

All-Madden
User/CPU
Qba: 5/5
Pbk: 25/25
Wrc: 25/40

Rbk: 30/30
Fum: 25/25

Prt: 75/75
Int: 50/50
Pcv: 75/75
Tak: 75/75

Main difference with my setup is how the higher end defensive sliders really force more of chess match and field position battle.
I've seen tackle stats for the top 2 guys in 15-13 range.
And the best part is my highest sack game was 4!

Thanks King for inspiring these! Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #29
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I really haven't seen the 8-12 sack game and I'm using a very similar slider setup as you King.

I'm having some of the best games ever in any Madden and I've been a big time Madden player since SEGA!
My slider set is very close to yours, except I've increased the Defensive sliders and have mine almost exactly equal with the CPU , except for WR cth( user: 25 cpu: 40).
What's even better is I haven't seen the CPU go All-Madden unstoppable with my setup.

Final scores of my last 4 games
24-16 W @ Texans
18-15 W @ Texans
23-18 L vs Jags
27-13 W vs Jags
Note: I've kept replaying the 1st couple games of my Skins season until I was satisfied with how the cpu was playing.

So for anyone still searching for a realistic Slider setup and tired of
messing with sliders. These are a spin off of Kings, enjoy and Happy New Year!

All-Madden
User/CPU
Qba: 5/5
Pbk: 25/25
Wrc: 25/40

Rbk: 30/30
Fum: 25/25

Prt: 75/75
Int: 50/50
Pcv: 75/75
Tak: 75/75

Main difference with my setup is how the higher end defensive sliders really force more of chess match and field position battle.
I've seen tackle stats for the top 2 guys in 15-13 range.
And the best part is my highest sack game was 4!

Thanks King for inspiring these! Happy New Year!

Interesting, in that the PCV slider also controls pass rush and the TAK slider also triggers strength of pursuit, so at first glance I'd suspect a sack fest...

But that the ker-azy thing about sliders...

Don't look at 'em until you play with 'em!

Glad I could provide a base for you to work off...

Happy Gaming, Sir!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 12-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #30
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Interesting, in that the PCV slider also controls pass rush and the TAK slider also triggers strength of pursuit, so at first glance I'd suspect a sack fest...

But that the ker-azy thing about sliders...

Don't look at 'em until you play with 'em!

Glad I could provide a base for you to work off...

Happy Gaming, Sir!
Thanks,
What I've seen from the higher end defensive sliders:
1. CPU throws more airbags
2. D-line won't allow the qb to sit in the pocket more than 4sec.
3. D-line will bat down passes that underneath, maybe once a game.
BTW I did edit EVERY QB to throw ball away trait.
I've noticed it actually makes the CPU throw deep at times, when under pressure, instead of taking the sack!
Check your PM's bro!
Old 12-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #31
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Talking Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Nevermind about the PM's King!
I don't have permission yet to PM.

I was going to tell you, I'm the guy who used to setup sliders back in the day with KBlover and others. You and I were both Skins fans and we spoke on Madden code for awhile. Anyway, I haven't been able to login with my former name for some time and forgot the email tied to it.
I've been testing sliders for M15 off and on for a few months now and have just got a few weeks off from work to really test extensively.
Anyway, we had some really good Madden discussions back in the day.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 03:24 AM   #32
Rookie

5 INT in 13 games is really bad...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »