Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #41
Rookie

bjb2445's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Use these sliders with roster traits. Sacks will be fixed it. For 4 or 5 season at least. I'm using my own sliders which have many sliders same as these with roster traits for all qb and I never have more than 4 sacks per game. And trust me I really hate sacks issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What traits do u modify?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

I think I am finally giving up for the season on this game which is too bad because IMO this is the most fun I've had playing Madden since the PS2 days. The game is a blast too play but I have tried not worrying about the sack issue and trying the "fixes" and even they didn't seem to work. And it bugs me too much because I get anal about stats sometimes to the detriment of allowing myself to have a fun game.

Too me there are a few big issues that I haven't seen discussed, but may have just missed, that cause some of the problem.

1. In older versions didn't the QB's automatically switch their traits when they got sacked a bunch early. So they became jittery in the pocket. Their dynamic performance traits never change, at least not on the screen that shows it. All I ever see are CB's, RB's and WR's who have any traits changing. So a guy who has been sacked 6 times in the first half still stays ideal for throws ball away, etc, and doesn't adjust

2. Really good lineman dominate to the point of being unstoppable. I usually play with the Eagles and Connor Barwin is dominant. I played a Play Now game with adjusted traits for Peyton Manning and had 5 sacks in the first half, 3 from Barwin and then a 6th right to start the 3rd. Had a fantasy team, in CCM and was trying King's sliders with no trait changes. Had drafted Suh with my first pick. Was getting sacks all day and penetration with him on almost every single play.

So I am guessing with house rules, sliders and adjusting all the traits is how some people are seeing the lower sack totals but I wasn't seeing it playing straight up with just sliders and traits adjustments. I tried 2 games with trait adjustments in Play Now and stills saw a bunch of sacks. I think King and Trojan Man said some games, no matter what there are a ton of sacks and you can dominate.

All this being said I do not think the developers are no good or anything like that. it's got to be extremely difficult to allow for the outlier games, where a team gets like 11 sacks and then the next game gets none without scripting it. And on top of that adjusting ratings and such if you take a poor pass rush defense you don't get a ton of sacks which makes it less about stick skills and more about ratings, I know some people would flip about that. I would not but I understand why people wouldn't like it.

I would love if they could basically halve sacks and turn those non-sacks into incomplete passes. That would help Comp %'s too. Hopefully next year this issue will be cleaned and not to the point where it's reversed and there are no sacks.

I will lurk to see if thing gets better but I think I have finally given up. Best of luck.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #43
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I think I am finally giving up for the season on this game which is too bad because IMO this is the most fun I've had playing Madden since the PS2 days. The game is a blast too play but I have tried not worrying about the sack issue and trying the "fixes" and even they didn't seem to work. And it bugs me too much because I get anal about stats sometimes to the detriment of allowing myself to have a fun game.

Too me there are a few big issues that I haven't seen discussed, but may have just missed, that cause some of the problem.

1. In older versions didn't the QB's automatically switch their traits when they got sacked a bunch early. So they became jittery in the pocket. Their dynamic performance traits never change, at least not on the screen that shows it. All I ever see are CB's, RB's and WR's who have any traits changing. So a guy who has been sacked 6 times in the first half still stays ideal for throws ball away, etc, and doesn't adjust

2. Really good lineman dominate to the point of being unstoppable. I usually play with the Eagles and Connor Barwin is dominant. I played a Play Now game with adjusted traits for Peyton Manning and had 5 sacks in the first half, 3 from Barwin and then a 6th right to start the 3rd. Had a fantasy team, in CCM and was trying King's sliders with no trait changes. Had drafted Suh with my first pick. Was getting sacks all day and penetration with him on almost every single play.

So I am guessing with house rules, sliders and adjusting all the traits is how some people are seeing the lower sack totals but I wasn't seeing it playing straight up with just sliders and traits adjustments. I tried 2 games with trait adjustments in Play Now and stills saw a bunch of sacks. I think King and Trojan Man said some games, no matter what there are a ton of sacks and you can dominate.

All this being said I do not think the developers are no good or anything like that. it's got to be extremely difficult to allow for the outlier games, where a team gets like 11 sacks and then the next game gets none without scripting it. And on top of that adjusting ratings and such if you take a poor pass rush defense you don't get a ton of sacks which makes it less about stick skills and more about ratings, I know some people would flip about that. I would not but I understand why people wouldn't like it.

I would love if they could basically halve sacks and turn those non-sacks into incomplete passes. That would help Comp %'s too. Hopefully next year this issue will be cleaned and not to the point where it's reversed and there are no sacks.

I will lurk to see if thing gets better but I think I have finally given up. Best of luck.
I agree with you that Sacks should be incomplete passes and that would be perfect. But donīt give the game yet. just edit trait roster and use proper sliders, you will get realistic QB% and Sacks.

At least for 4 or 5 years.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #44
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I agree with you that Sacks should be incomplete passes and that would be perfect. But donīt give the game yet. just edit trait roster and use proper sliders, you will get realistic QB% and Sacks.

At least for 4 or 5 years.
I agree with Booker...

I'm not using house rules or any edits beyond "throw the ball away" and other than a couple games that are "off" on the script level, this is the most satisfying version of the game since 2005, IMHO...

And I'm pretty critical of the title, because I spend an otherworldly amount of time on sliders and settings and get a pretty good handle on "all" that the title has to offer and is also relatively deficient in, as a result...

Personally, I've been away from the console for a couple weeks and can't wait to resume my MIN CCM next weekend, which is rare for me this late in the season / cycle...

That being said, cch99 raises some stellar points...I hope that make it all the way back to M15 HQ...

Old 01-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #45
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Has anyone tried starting a CFM with AM difficulty and turning off the ability to adjust sliders? I started a CFM and turned the ability off and am having amazing games. It's like a whole new experience. You guys should definitely try this as it's made Madden a true sim experience for me. I've been streaming games so keep an eye out - twitch.tv/osauthentic

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #46
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Has anyone tried starting a CFM with AM difficulty and turning off the ability to adjust sliders? I started a CFM and turned the ability off and am having amazing games. It's like a whole new experience. You guys should definitely try this as it's made Madden a true sim experience for me. I've been streaming games so keep an eye out - twitch.tv/osauthentic

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Where is this choice located in the menu, and what's its exact name?
Old 01-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #47
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

OVR: 0

Under Career settings, game play tuning to off.

Last edited by thorpedo66; 01-05-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #48
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb2445
What traits do u modify?
throw away and S.pressure to Paranoid. and play in All madden. All pro i still get too many sacks to my liking. of course if you aim for sim, you will have to tweak sliders a lot to make it realistic, but the set that is posted here is a good base set.

in my testing these are a MUST. otherwise you will have a few games with 6sacks or more.

Right now, this literately fixed the game for me. again this will only work for 4 or 5 seasons.

It cut sacks to half. Before i was avg 5 sacks per game, not iīm 2.7 per game. Not top 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »