Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

This is a discussion on Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Last try. Recommend me a slider that you are not top 3 in sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, I'm not too proud to admit that I'm stumped too!

This game is EXTREMELY volatile and I ended up with the set posted after trying pretty much every combo imaginable over about 75 versions...

However:

Since it seems as though you have a pursuit issue, (which is tied to the TAK slider) I'd next try reverting all the sliders to the original values except:

HUM / CPU

TAK 30 / 40

In theory it SHOULD increase their pursuit to the hole and lessen yours...

Problem is, the broken tackles (tied to the FUM slider) may be off as a result...

Once again, it's really difficult to tune the game for individual situations that will vary the result, due to a number of factors...

The main issue, of course, being too many things tied to / affected by too few sliders...
Ya I agree, I will try the tackle suggestions you made and try a few games and see how it goes. I already reverted back to the original sliders and after 1 half I have zero sacks(knock on wood). I'll let you know if it works.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #66
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkken
Ya I agree, I will try the tackle suggestions you made and try a few games and see how it goes. I already reverted back to the original sliders and after 1 half I have zero sacks(knock on wood). I'll let you know if it works.
I've been thinking about this some more and I recall that in my "build phase" HUM TAK @ 30 lead to the occasional DB just standing still during run plays in Cover 2 type defenses...

If you see that, the next thing I'd try is:

HUM / CPU

TAK 35 / 45

If THAT doesn't work the problem may not be pursuit, but defensive AWR...if that's the case, then I'd got back to the base set and simply raise the CPU QBA to 5 and leave the rest as is...

Making the CPU offense "smarter" reduces HUM D AWR and also will make the HUM offense less effective by making the CPU O and D "smarter"...

Yup, ONE click of ONE slider WILL affect all FOUR things...as nutz as that sounds...

I also wanted to point out that pancake stats are always wack in this game, but this year they might be even more "off" since the patch that "fixed" the major, QB related issues...

While using the base set:

You have all your OL leading the league

I have 2 guys in the top 10 only

And if I recall correctly, when I inquired about this Trojan Man didn't have anyone in the Top 10 with OAK...

I hope we can clean up your issue, but those stats might not be as "tell tale" as in past iterations...

I look forward to your impression and thanks for being so specific re: exactly what's deficient...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-09-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
There is a balm in Gilead.

I was going to wait till I hit the 16-game mark in my OAK CFM to post the sliders and the full-season stats, but I'll give you a quick answer.

KingV2K3 has posted an All Madden set in his arena under the blog heading Madden 15 Stat-Accurate Sliders, or something very close to that.

I use those. 13 minutes, All Madden, 15-second runoff.

I'm currently 4-9. All my stats are amazingly on point. To your direct question, I can totally live with my sack numbers. I have 38 through 13 games. 12 belong to Khalil Mack, 8 to Justin Tuck, and then there's a huge drop-off. Mack's sacks came in 3-4 very big, multi-sack games as well, and I've had 3 zero-sack games thus far. Moreover, I have 5 team INTs in 13 games.

Here's the set, which I'm promoting with his permission:

Check them out, and play for at least 8 games before coming to a judgment, preferably 12. You'll see all kinds of stuff if you commit for the long haul and don't rush to snap judgments if you have a crazy game or two. I had a 7 sack game and a couple 5 sack games, but then lots of 2 sack games, several 0 sack games, and some 4 sack games. Lots of variability here:

HUM Skill

QB Accuracy 5
Pass Blocking - 25
WR Catching - 45
Run Blocking 15
Fumbles - 45
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions 40
Pass Coverage - 35
Tackling - 35

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 4
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching - 45
Run Blocking 25
Fumbles - 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions - 30
Pass Coverage 45
Tackling - 35

FG Power 50
FG Accuracy 50
Punt Power 45
Punt Accuracy 75
Kickoff Power 52 / 53

Injuries - 55
fatigue - 60
Min Player Speed Threshold 50

Offside - 40
false Start - 60
Holding - 60
Face Mask - 53
Defensive PI - 99
Offensive PI - 100
Punt Catch Interference 50
Clipping - 60
Intentional Grounding - 80
Roughing Passer - 80
Roughing Kicker - 50
Thanks for posting these. I'm getting between 1-3 sacks per game with these.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Thanks for posting these. I'm getting between 1-3 sacks per game with these.
Bush I to say what up, long time lurker in 24/7 noles board and long time member here(had to create a new pro bc I always forget my username)... Thanks for all the FSU info over the years been on 24/7 since 2010
Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #69
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

King, could you post your most recent set? I want to test some more sets with the toggle set to off. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #70
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
King, could you post your most recent set? I want to test some more sets with the toggle set to off. Thanks in advance.
It's in his blog under the first heading.

I'd recommend 4 for QBA until you determine that you need a global performance boost for the CPU offense. I'd give that a full season to determine and look at your record. The difference between 4 and 5 is significant, so I'd only make that commitment if you go undefeated or something really strange.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:11 PM   #71
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree w/ Trojan 4 qba is definitely going to give you a good drop off in your throwing %. I also put the cpu @ 4.
I've gone back to All-Pro with some lower end sliders and Very Fast gamespeed and 100 threshold.
My last game vs Cardinals, 19-16 W. They were up the whole game and held me to 4 fgs, until I broke a 96yd kickoff in the 4th qtr. to win!
I was surprised to see how well it played!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #72
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
It's in his blog under the first heading.

I'd recommend 4 for QBA until you determine that you need a global performance boost for the CPU offense. I'd give that a full season to determine and look at your record. The difference between 4 and 5 is significant, so I'd only make that commitment if you go undefeated or something really strange.
Yup, it's in the arena / blog...

Everything is the same, except CPU QBA, which was bumped from 4 to 5...

Trojan Man and I have played the set extensively, and it just became necessary to keep the CPU competitive...

I'd be interested in how it works for the "toggle off challenge" because with the CPU QBA @ 5 adjustment, the sub categories are all now equal for HUM and CPU...

Passing: 75
Rushing: 60
Pass D: 125
Run D: 35

I've been following your finding with great interest, and this set is playing like a version of "default", so it might lend itself to that option...

I'm back on the console in the next day or two for an extended run, and that's EXACTLY what I'm going to be rollin' with!

Updated sliders / toggle OFF

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-12-2015 at 11:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »