Injuries and Fatigue - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Injuries and Fatigue

This is a discussion on Injuries and Fatigue within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #9
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Injuries and Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by neifro
How are user qb and CPU qb injuries. I love to see injuries but I hate it when you play a game and 80% of the time you injure the CPU qb
I personally haven't seen too many get injured. I think its because my sliders prevent the QB from constantly being crushed. However it's no secret that the QB is one of the iffy spots when injuries are concerned. Guess you just have to roll the dice, and pick your poison.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 12-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
On last gen, what injury slider did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you asking what injury slider I used in past madden games, that were on the 360? Not sure I remember exactly, but I have always moved it up. I'm thinking it was around 55 or 60. I wouldn't know exactly. I barely remember this morning.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 12-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Injuries and Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Are you asking what injury slider I used in past madden games, that were on the 360? Not sure I remember exactly, but I have always moved it up. I'm thinking it was around 55 or 60. I wouldn't know exactly. I barely remember this morning.

Yeah because im still on the 360 and i can never get the injury slider to consistently work properly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Yeah because im still on the 360 and i can never get the injury slider to consistently work properly

Well the only advice I can give, would be... Think of a number that you would consider high, then move the slider 5 more than that. Keep in mind that in real life, there are about 3 injuries per team, every game, on average.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #13
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

The worst thing about injuries in this game are that they only occur when a tackle is being made or attempted from what I've seen. You never see some guy blocking get hurt or something like that, it takes a lot away from the injury aspect if the game because you only ever see skill players get hurt.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #14
Rookie

Fatigue 70. Ideal setting for me. Tried 75 but you can't run no huddle for more than a couple of plays without your offense completely dying and your WR's and TE's in particular being subbed out the next couple of plays. Also, I noticed they never fully got back to green fatigue (rested). Not even after a timeout or quarter change or long stint on the sideline. I was playing with Steelers and Antonio Brown was constantly being subbed off as he was starting offensive possessions yellow, then rapidly fatiguing from there. Having arguably the best WR in the NFL needing to be subbed out every couple of plays and unable to keep up with the no huddle isn't very realistic. If you never run no huddle, 75 might be fine. I rarely ever run no huddle, so something similar may occur on 70 as well, but the one game I tried 75 after playing on 70 for a very long time, I noticed a big negative right away.

Injuries I've played with a bit but have reverted back to default 50. Anything above that and half the time I would be playing backup QB's. It can probably be raised a tad, especially to make injuries a factor in CFM as they are in real life, but injuries to CPU QB's occur far too regularly. As was just mentioned too, they only seem to happen on tackle animations, therefore skill positions only, which takes away from the realism anyway.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

After 2 seasons I am 100% sure that 61 and 62 are the most realistic slider sets for Injuries. Anything higher or lower will not produce accurate results that stay in line with the simulated games injuries at all. 62 is by far the best choice in terms of accuracy and realism except for the nagging issue that the QB will be injured and knocked out of the game 9/10 when hit. Most of the games I tried to use this slider set on I was down to my punter by the 2nd half. If it wasn't for that I would not even mention 61, which is the next best set. Being mostly accurate. You will see a decent number of minor injuries and once in awhile you will see a major one but not in every game.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my experience the higher the number fatigue the less likely your or the CPU qb will be injured. Makes no sense but in my first CFM I used inj 63 fatigue 60 and had qbs getting injured nonstop. Every game it seemed like the CPU qb would be injured.

Recently just started a offline Bills franchise with inj 70 fatigue 70 and I've made it to week 6 with only 1 CPU qb being injured for more than a few plays. Other positional players a getting hurt quite a lot so injuries are working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »