Intentional Grounding Slider - the key to QB play - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Intentional Grounding Slider - the key to QB play

This is a discussion on Intentional Grounding Slider - the key to QB play within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #49
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Intentional Grounding Slider - the key to QB play

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Here is the tricky part for me, I am on "Pro" level with a threshold of 19 and a CPU QBA of 17....

So if my IG is inversely proportionate to the threshold and directly proportionate to my QBA, then would it suggest I should be looking to set my IG between 10 to 30?

I maybe missing a part of the puzzle here...On one point of the OP it is started that as the QBA goes up the IG goes down an vice-versa..
You're right....but you're not factoring in skill level. Let me put it another way, I did one pro set. With QBA=33 and thresh at 50, we got an IG of 67.

The thing to remember is that those proportionalities are relative to a starting point....what that is exactly, I don't know. However, the lower in difficulty you go, the more massive the boost is.

What you need to do is continue adjusting until you see the CPU QBs start throwing bombs down the field. Once you hit that, you are within a few points of an optimal setting (at most).

On All Madden, I see roughly a point or so adjustment per point of QBA and about a one point adjustment per every 6 points of thresh. Working from the 67 IG I had in , I think an IG of 77 may put you in the right ballpark (assuming these proportionalities are the same for Pro).
Old 05-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #50
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Josh or anyone else- with all pro setting and qba of 3 and threshold of 40 what do you recommend for a good IG starting point?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:37 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey all. New to the board but a long time madden player since 88,89 on sega. I did take some time off of gaming and actually kinda new to madden 15. But since this game and adjusting sliders almost like a deck of cards has anyone tried the route of adjusting all 32 starting qbs traits rather playing the back and forth game on sliders. It would suck to make traits cookie cutter ish but to help the passing games throw away tendacies and avoiding pressure, etc.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:52 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife03
Hey all. New to the board but a long time madden player since 88,89 on sega. I did take some time off of gaming and actually kinda new to madden 15. But since this game and adjusting sliders almost like a deck of cards has anyone tried the route of adjusting all 32 starting qbs traits rather playing the back and forth game on sliders. It would suck to make traits cookie cutter ish but to help the passing games throw away tendacies and avoiding pressure, etc.
Yes, many people, including myself, have adjusted QBs traits. The popular formula is to make all QBs "throw away" and either "paranoid" or "trigger happy."

I have done this on the past rosters I have created and it seems to help at least some. Though I will say the intentional grounding slider is helpful as well.

One other thing I do when playing is I try not to "jump the snap" when playing on Dline. That seems to help as well.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Yes, many people, including myself, have adjusted QBs traits. The popular formula is to make all QBs "throw away" and either "paranoid" or "trigger happy."

I have done this on the past rosters I have created and it seems to help at least some. Though I will say the intentional grounding slider is helpful as well.

One other thing I do when playing is I try not to "jump the snap" when playing on Dline. That seems to help as well.
Has any of that helped with CPU throw deep balls from time to time or lower the cpu passing percentage. Im currently running a decent all pro setup with IG around 77.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #54
Rookie

I have the best Sliders for all Madden pcv 100 interception 35 prt 15 ig 62 this is the key Sliders for Madden 15 ! All QB Plays so real ,this is for me my best Sliders the Penaltys from panther and the Other Sliders a Little bit from Charter The Defensive Plays so real the good CB Plays very nice , r.sherman Plays r. Sherman, d. Revis Plays revis, and the LB Plays the LB the Attributes are so Importent . I have lose with the Seahawks 32: 27 in Baltimore the best Game what i see in Madden , drop Passes Perfect catches, 215 rushing yards with Seattle but Baltimore has 320 Pass yards but 3 interception. Seattle 1 ! The QBA slider Human 25 and Cpu 25

Last edited by Chancellor31; 06-02-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #55
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor31
I have the best Sliders for all Madden pcv 100 interception 35 prt 15 ig 62 this is the key Sliders for Madden 15 ! All QB Plays so real ,this is for me my best Sliders the Penaltys from panther and the Other Sliders a Little bit from Charter The Defensive Plays so real the good CB Plays very nice , r.sherman Plays r. Sherman, d. Revis Plays revis, and the LB Plays the LB the Attributes are so Importent . I have lose with the Seahawks 32: 27 in Baltimore the best Game what i see in Madden , drop Passes Perfect catches, 215 rushing yards with Seattle but Baltimore has 320 Pass yards but 3 interception. Seattle 1 ! The QBA slider Human 25 and Cpu 25
Sounds Interesting....please post the whole lineup of the settings your using including penalty's, I'd be curious to try them. thanks
Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #56
MVP

SpaceBoyXVII's Arena

This might fall on deaf ears, but what is the best intentional grounding setting for:
-All Pro
-Default Sliders (Everything 50)
-Speed threshold 50 (If needed)

My league plays at AP Default and only penalties changed, which I have set expect for IG. Any help is appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »