Home

Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Stress All-Pro Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

I have gotten a lot of great ideas from forum member's Josh and tc020791, as well as many other slider gurus and just wanted to start a thread with my sliders, in progress, for All-Pro level to expand on the sliders, and to allow focus for each forum member's slider ideas to remain the focus of their own threads...As much as we all try to help each other, I know, just from myself and how I am, I get into sliders and various ideas and changes that I end up going from helping to flooding threads with ideas, which I feel risks taking away from the proper focus on the OP's own sliders.

Here are my current slider settings for All-Pro..They are a work in progress, and I am using the Default Roster Ratings, and playing in "Play Now" mode.

GAME OPTIONS

Skill Level: Pro
Game Speed: Slow
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 Seconds
Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 65
Speed Threshold: 50

PENALTIES

Offsides: 10
False Start: 19
Holding: 21
Facemask: 10
D.P.I.: 21
O.P.I.: 3
KR/PR: 11
Clipping: 12
I.Grounding: 1
RTP: 10
RTK: 5

HUMAN/CPU

(Offense)
QB Accuracy: 7/7
Pass Blocking: 0/0
WR Catching: 50/50

Run Blocking: 0/0
Fumbles: 50/50

(Defense)
Reaction Time: 50/50
Interceptions: 50/50
Pass Coverage: 0/0

Tackling: 0/0

(Special Teams)
FG Power: 53/53
FG Accuracy: 25/35
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Auto-subs

QB Out - 0
QB In - 28
RB Out - 56
RB In - 77
WR Out - 28
WR In - 56
FB/TE Out - 28
FB/TE In - 56
OL Out - 0
OL In - 28

DT Out - 56
DT In - 77
DE Out - 56
DE In - 77
LB Out - 56
LB In - 77
CB Out - 28
CB In - 56
S Out - 28
S In - 56

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-31-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

I originally had False Start at 1, but the CPU was getting about 5 False Starts a game....I have a hypothesis that, at least for penalties, zero is off and one is on, and anything above one just increases that effect on game play, in general...

There are some sliders like RTP and Clipping, that at 53 appear to turn on....Which also leads me to believe there are magic numbers for each slider where the biggest jump/change occurs...Even though these 2 penalty sliders do not produce penalties, generally, until at 53, they still appear to alter game play as they increase from one..

Therefor, I believe there to be a sweet spot for every slider that coincides with the other sliders in any given set..There is then also, no true right or wrong slider number, setting, but it all depends on how each slider reacts in relation to associated sliders and their ratings...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-05-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Have you used these with standard rosters and/or in a CFM? Gonna give them a try regardless but was just curious.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

My base goal in sliders is not to match NFL averages, but to create a rock, paper, scissor game with smooth animations and to get the players to act as logical as possible within the game as they interact with each other on the field.

So I am not trying to get rushing down to something like 3.3 yards per carry against base 3 or 4 man fronts, but get it to where if you are gonna run such fronts you will be beaten by the CPU...

Since the CPU cannot adjust like a human, I am wanting the human rushing to be a bit more realistic to NFL averages against base fronts.

Same philosophy goes for the passing game...
Old 12-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Have you used these with standard rosters and/or in a CFM? Gonna give them a try regardless but was just curious.
I have only used them with the FBG rosters at this point...I would most definitely assume that these ratings wouldn't work as well in CFM, but I wouldn't expect too much of a change while using default rosters in "Play Now."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Moved auto-subs to OP.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-16-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have gone through a number of the default playbooks, and generally, for the base plays, the majority of plays, which are all ranked at 4 stars, are Zone plays, which I assume is consistent through all team's playbooks and what I tend to test against...Seems a lot of Cover 3 and then Cover 4 sets.

The bummer is, you get a team like the Cowboys, which are very much more suited for M2M plays, and they are gonna suffer and play worse than they are supposed to play..You also have a team like the Packers, who as far as I know are a M2M under team, and yet in their playbook, of the 20 base plays for normal situations, they have 15 zone plays rated 4 stars and 5 M2M plays rated 4 stars...Makes no sense...BUT, if you take the Jaguars, move their #1 CB out as a starter and rotate the other corners up, you are looking at one of the better zone coverage set of corners in Madden..

Lots of things make finding good sliders so difficult...If we had the ability to edit default playbooks and have the CPU use them, we could make great headway in creating a more competitive CPU opponent. At least with understanding what types of plays they will call, we can, to a small degree, adjust sliders to benefit a more competitive CPU opponent...I hope...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-05-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

I wish I could like the above statement 100 times..major flaw on many situations..not only defensive Playbooks but offensive..one part of sack issue is due to 3rd and long plays..as well as goal line play calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »