Home

I may have finally saved this game for myself

This is a discussion on I may have finally saved this game for myself within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
I may have finally saved this game for myself

After spending the weekend in Pittsburgh, watching my Ravens secure a spot in the AFC Divisional round, I finally got back to my PS4 Sunday night. And when I started playing I could only think about how slow this game looks compared to real life.

The thing about Saturdays game that was different for me was that I sat in the nose bleeds, where as at Ravens games I have season tickets in the lower bowl. The great thing about sitting in the nosebleeds is that you can really see everything develop throughout a play. One big thing I really noticed was how much you could tell when someone out there had some serious speed. You were easily able to identify that from this view point. At the same time you also really get to witness the insane closing speed some of these defenders have.

I came back with wanting to make the game play more where if you have a guy with speed in open space watch out cuz you will get burned, and if you're dinking and dunking all day well then the good defenses will rally quickly to.the ball and take that option away.

I knew in order to achieve this I would have to raise the game speed. I have been playing on normal and only normal from the get go probably like a lot of other people. Graphics and animations seem pretty good there and players look decently fast. I decided to first just try fast speed. I ran a play and watched the replay from above in real time to check out how fast players looked. I still thought they looked a little slow and honestly didn't see much of a difference from normal, speed or animation wise.

So then I decide to go up to very fast and this is when things took a turn that I thought may be possible but wasn't sure. Before I got ahead of myself I wanted to watch a few replays on very fast from up above again to check out player speed and animations. Once again the difference was minimal compared to fast and not far off from normal. At very fast I was seeing guys get real separation and keeping it. But that was only the beginning.

Some of you may remember that on last gen if you upped game speed the CPU seemed to not only move faster but also play faster. Amazingly enough this seems to hold true on next gen as well. After making the switch over to very fast I have seen QB pocket play sky rocket to an all time high. Guys like RGIII are aware of pressure and ready to make a quick decision and tuck it at any moment. Guys like mike Glennon are getting the ball out of their hand when they see a guy open and if not they turn quickly and dump it off. Not only are QBs obviously moving a little faster on very fast but they also appear to be thinking much faster.

I played 4 half games yesterday. The reason I only play half a game is because I want to see how more QBs play in less time. Thru those 4 half games I saw a total of 1 sack for me. Yes just 1 that's right. And the best part was the only sack came against RGIII when he felt the pressure getting there and made a quick decision to tuck and run but couldn't find anywhere to go.

I'm planning on finally releasing my CFM sliders hopefully sometime.tonight when I get back from.work. I still have a few wrinkles to work out and I'm thinking we may be able to.put a legit pass rush back into this game. For the time being just give very fast game speed a try with whatever sliders you may be using. Trust me it will make a difference.

Last edited by tc020791; 01-06-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I may have finally saved this game for myself

Looking forward to your set. I've tried pretty much every set on here and it's either too easy or such a huge bump for the cpu it isn't fun. I want ratings to matter.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm thinking of trying something similar. All-Madden is so wild on offense at times and makes even top defenses look like they are sleep walking.

Why not
Very Fast
100 threshold
All-Pro.
Only modification to sliders would be qba: 5 for both cpu and user
The rest would be 50.
And of course whatever you prefer on penalty sliders.

Just tired of the search for decent sliders.
Anyway just a thought
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm still playing with thresh at 1 but moving it up isn't a bad idea. Idk about 100 but maybe 19. Right now at 1 its a little easy to hit a deep ball.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I feel the exact same way about game speed as you do. I play from the all 22 vantage point and you really need game speed fast so that it looks and feels real. Funny thing is for this year depending on sliders, penalties, and level you can get even slow with TH at 1 to look fast.

With that being said I am going to give very fast a try with different TH options to see if this does indeed enhance QB play even more and give realistic play times and speed.

I have always been a fan of faster because the NFL moves lightning quick in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »