What has worked for me to get a great sim football game - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

This is a discussion on What has worked for me to get a great sim football game within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

Hey authentic, if I may ask what are your quarter and accelerate clock length at? I'm playing 15 with accelerate to 14, with slow game speed and feel that is pretty damn good. Played a play now as Chicago vs Detroit and I was down 7 - 3 in the second. This was default all madden and it felt really good, to me anyways.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Im still seeing a good amount of fumbles. Idk whats different in our sets. Fumb is at 45 for me. Im using your pen. And everything else is pretty much default except qba. Im really enjoying it. Int have slowed down at 40.
It seems like 0 or 1 fumbles are the norm for me and the 4 fumble game was an anomaly. But I'll play some more because I like how its playing now. I would like it to seem llike there could be a fumble at any time, but don't want to see more than 4 ort 5 total per game with the average landing between 3 and four. Probably asking too much.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #91
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It seems like 0 or 1 fumbles are the norm for me and the 4 fumble game was an anomaly. But I'll play some more because I like how its playing now. I would like it to seem llike there could be a fumble at any time, but don't want to see more than 4 ort 5 total per game with the average landing between 3 and four. Probably asking too much.
Try lowering it by 5 till you see what you want. 40 seemed to get a lot for me so try 35. I dont think itll effect the other sliders like it does with the turner on. Ex. lowering the fumble slider usually changed the run game of the cpu.(with turner on) I dont think thats the case here. ive tweaked multiple sliders and everything stays in play except what ive changed. weird how its working with it off. I do think the penalty sliders have a greater effect with it off. When i tweak them a lot seems to change so the secret may be in there. Im seeing about 2-3 at 45. I dont like too many so im happy where its at.

I did drop cpu catching to 45 was noticing the cpu never dropped a pass. I am seeing plenty on the human side at 50. It seems all the tweaks have been minor to really get into this default set and its playing really well. I dont foresee any major changes ahead and it feels great not worrying about sliders. if i have an issue i change it little by little. no more pr/pc debat its been great on default.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Try lowering it by 5 till you see what you want. 40 seemed to get a lot for me so try 35. I dont think itll effect the other sliders like it does with the turner on. Ex. lowering the fumble slider usually changed the run game of the cpu.(with turner on) I dont think thats the case here. ive tweaked multiple sliders and everything stays in play except what ive changed. weird how its working with it off. I do think the penalty sliders have a greater effect with it off. When i tweak them a lot seems to change so the secret may be in there. Im seeing about 2-3 at 45. I dont like too many so im happy where its at.

I did drop cpu catching to 45 was noticing the cpu never dropped a pass. I am seeing plenty on the human side at 50. It seems all the tweaks have been minor to really get into this default set and its playing really well. I dont foresee any major changes ahead and it feels great not worrying about sliders. if i have an issue i change it little by little. no more pr/pc debat its been great on default.
INT at 40 and defensive PI at 55 WR catch 50 and OPI 75, QBA 40 seems to be the magic formula. I see long passes attempted and completed by the AI at this level.

I started up a new 5 team CFM with Chiefs, Saints, Brown, Texans, Lions to give these a whirl.

Game 1 was Tennessee at KC. Charles was stuffed the entire game, but when Niles Davis gave him a rest, Davis went nuts. He broke an 81 yarder for a TD just before half to give the Chiefs a 17-7 lead at half time. Tennessee landed two bombs on streak patterns, the second one coming to McCluster with 1:23 left to give the Titans a 31-27 lead. Smith hit Fasano on a 24 yard seem pattern that he caught at the 1 and helicoptered into the endzone with 16 seconds left for the 34-31 lead Berry picked off the final desperation heave to end the game.

It was a lot of fun. Yards were a bit high with Alex Smith having 350 passing and the team having over 200 rushing, but 81 came on 1 run and I don't normally get long runs like that. But the 200 rushing felt right. Charles was bottled up for 63 yards on 22 carries, Smith had 4 scrambles for 30 yards and then Niles Davis with his 81 yarder had 6 carries for 128. He broke a nice 19 yard run as well. Titans had just under 400 yards with Whitehurst having 260 yards passing and the Titans rbs picking up 125 rushing.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #93
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
Hey authentic, if I may ask what are your quarter and accelerate clock length at? I'm playing 15 with accelerate to 14, with slow game speed and feel that is pretty damn good. Played a play now as Chicago vs Detroit and I was down 7 - 3 in the second. This was default all madden and it felt really good, to me anyways.
I know from watching his streams, He's running with 15 min. qtrs and I think 15 sec. acc. clock.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Old 01-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #94
Rookie

Trilogy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
INT at 40 and defensive PI at 55 WR catch 50 and OPI 75, QBA 40 seems to be the magic formula. I see long passes attempted and completed by the AI at this level.

I started up a new 5 team CFM with Chiefs, Saints, Brown, Texans, Lions to give these a whirl.

Game 1 was Tennessee at KC. Charles was stuffed the entire game, but when Niles Davis gave him a rest, Davis went nuts. He broke an 81 yarder for a TD just before half to give the Chiefs a 17-7 lead at half time. Tennessee landed two bombs on streak patterns, the second one coming to McCluster with 1:23 left to give the Titans a 31-27 lead. Smith hit Fasano on a 24 yard seem pattern that he caught at the 1 and helicoptered into the endzone with 16 seconds left for the 34-31 lead Berry picked off the final desperation heave to end the game.

It was a lot of fun. Yards were a bit high with Alex Smith having 350 passing and the team having over 200 rushing, but 81 came on 1 run and I don't normally get long runs like that. But the 200 rushing felt right. Charles was bottled up for 63 yards on 22 carries, Smith had 4 scrambles for 30 yards and then Niles Davis with his 81 yarder had 6 carries for 128. He broke a nice 19 yard run as well. Titans had just under 400 yards with Whitehurst having 260 yards passing and the Titans rbs picking up 125 rushing.
Is this using the sliders from your thread or a new set?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy
Is this using the sliders from your thread or a new set?
This set in CFM with tuning ability off............Designed specifically to be close to default, yet get reasonable completion %, fumbles, and penalties. It's not perfect, but you'll see the AI move the ball and be a real challenge.

qb acc: 40/40
pass blocking: 50/60
wr catching: 50/50
run blocking: 50/75
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction time: 50/50
interceptions: 40/40
Pass coverage: 50/50
tackling: 55/60 ****Trying to get more fumbles without reducing rb special abilities.

Special teams

FG power: 40 ***Because Kickers don't miss even with ACC at 0, I move this down so you have to get into reasonable scoring range to score.
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt power: 30
Punt Accuracy: 90
kickoff power: 50

Penalties

Offside: 65
False Start: 55
Holding: 60
Facemask: 53
DPI: 55
OPI: 75
PUNT CATCH interference: 50
Clipping: 75
int grounding: 40
roughing the passer: 53
roughing the kicker: 50
Old 01-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo66
I know from watching his streams, He's running with 15 min. qtrs and I think 15 sec. acc. clock.
Thanks for the feedback thorpedo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »