Home

What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

This is a discussion on What has worked for me to get a great sim football game within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #97
Rookie

Sharpshooter1324's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
This set in CFM with tuning ability off............Designed specifically to be close to default, yet get reasonable completion %, fumbles, and penalties. It's not perfect, but you'll see the AI move the ball and be a real challenge.

qb acc: 40/40
pass blocking: 50/60
wr catching: 50/50
run blocking: 50/75
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction time: 50/50
interceptions: 40/40
Pass coverage: 50/50
tackling: 55/60 ****Trying to get more fumbles without reducing rb special abilities.

Special teams

FG power: 40 ***Because Kickers don't miss even with ACC at 0, I move this down so you have to get into reasonable scoring range to score.
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt power: 30
Punt Accuracy: 90
kickoff power: 50

Penalties

Offside: 65
False Start: 55
Holding: 60
Facemask: 53
DPI: 55
OPI: 75
PUNT CATCH interference: 50
Clipping: 75
int grounding: 40
roughing the passer: 53
roughing the kicker: 50

This is for all madden and everything else on default right? Obviously this slider set but everything else will be default?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1324
This is for all madden and everything else on default right? Obviously this slider set but everything else will be default?
Yes in CFM with tuning off
Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #99
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yes in CFM with tuning off
Question....how are you loading the sliders? I see two possible methods...

1. Method 1 is to turn on the 'Gameplay Tuning' option; load the sliders; then go back and turn it off.

2. Method 2 is to leave the 'Gameplay Tuning' option 'Off' and then load the sliders using the import button.

To be honest, I played with some slider settings with the tuning option turned off and it never really felt different; but I didn't play around too long.

I wanted to make sure that we were loading them the same way....
Old 01-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #100
Pro

OVR: 1

I have to say, at first, I didn't see any difference with it ON or OFF, but after testing it out on Fist's and Josh's sets across AM and AP, there does seem to be some sort of difference. I have to say, I tried Fist's penalty sliders and everything else at default except QBA at 40 with All Madden, and it was one of the better games I've played in a long time. Dropped passes, deflections, INTs, over/under thrown passes, a few deep throws, a couple huge run plays, some penalties, and no sack issue. Pass comp % was still a little high, HUMAN running needs a boost (I play Coach Mode), and no fumbles, so there's still some tweaking, but there might be something to this after all. Need a bigger sample size, so hoping to test more this weekend.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #101
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Went to All Pro, kept the same penalty sliders I had been using (based off a combination of JoshC's old and new set), turned down accuracy, tackling, and interceptions slightly, left everything else default, and then turned tuning off. So far, in 2 games (very small sample size):

- Blew out the Giants, but then lost to the Eagles as they came from behind after I was up 17-3 in the middle of the 3rd quarter.
- Held the Giants to under 80 yards rushing, but gave up 120 to the Eagles.
- Only sacked the AI QB 3 times in ~50 pass attempts (previously had sacked the AI 50 times in 10 games/~250 passing attempts).
-Saw the Giants put together a 12-play, 6:30 sec drive to score (which was, in best Eli Manning fashion, followed by sack-punt, interception, and sack-fumble).
-Had the Eagles put together a 10 play, 4:30 min drive to tie the game

Not sure if it is staying close to default, or turning off the tuning, or what, but I am actually seeing decent, and variable, football that seems to match the ratings of the teams I am playing. Obviously, still Madden Football (so still plenty of goofy stuff), but about the best video football I've played in several years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Question....how are you loading the sliders? I see two possible methods...

1. Method 1 is to turn on the 'Gameplay Tuning' option; load the sliders; then go back and turn it off.

2. Method 2 is to leave the 'Gameplay Tuning' option 'Off' and then load the sliders using the import button.

To be honest, I played with some slider settings with the tuning option turned off and it never really felt different; but I didn't play around too long.

I wanted to make sure that we were loading them the same way....
It could be placebo, its hard to say. Some games play really well, replay the same game and you'll see entirely different results. Ideally what you would do is set your sliders outside of franchise. Set up your franchise with tuning off, import your sliders and never touch anything again.

The allow commisioner to tune yes or no seems pointless to me if the commissioner can just turn it on and off as he pleases anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »