Home

What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

This is a discussion on What has worked for me to get a great sim football game within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Still streaming, this stream is with custom slider imported with the tuning setting off. It seems to work with sliders, I made some adjustments so let's see how the game plays now. Bills Vikings again.
I watched some of your first game. It generally looked to play like the Madden I see with my sliders.

What I liked:
AI looked to do a little better in the redzone at the end of the game.

Tradition problems:
I didn't see any fumbles
The AI threw a deep ball that was picked in the endzone because ball was underthrown. A classic problem when the AI or human for that matter goes deep.
No other penalties besides offsides.
Orton took one of those brutal hold the ball at the line until sacked sacks.

Every game plays different though so its hard to make assumptions based on 1 game. Thanks for posting it though. It was entertaining.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #34
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Still streaming, this stream is with custom slider imported with the tuning setting off. It seems to work with sliders, I made some adjustments so let's see how the game plays now. Bills Vikings again.
Authentic---At work so I haven't been able to play or follow at Twitch. How did it go? What are your impressions with imported sliders and the tuning setting off?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #35
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Authentic---At work so I haven't been able to play or follow at Twitch. How did it go? What are your impressions with imported sliders and the tuning setting off?
Not good. I imported a couple users slider sets and the gameplay became the same old cheap CPU AI. The game plays better on default AM in my opinion. Sure, the CPU will intercept a ball if you throw it right at them, you just have to be smart. Through the first 4 games on AM I only had 3 ints thrown. After a bit I started to get tired and forced more passes. I think default forces you to make smart decisions and live to see another down instead of risking a close pass. I'm done testing sliders and am going to play default AM in a new fresh CFM. I'll post box scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #36
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anyone came up with some tweaks with this off yet? Im thinking just import penalties with default sliders might help wr/db interaction. Opi and dpi up high helped the aggression of both. But id like to see what you guys are thinking
Old 01-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #37
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Has anyone came up with some tweaks with this off yet? Im thinking just import penalties with default sliders might help wr/db interaction. Opi and dpi up high helped the aggression of both. But id like to see what you guys are thinking

I have not tested with just penalty sliders. I'm thinking I'll put some penalty sliders in as a last resort and add Aaron's auto sub settings.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #38
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

I want to share some findings I have while doing some tests. First off i'm using armors AP sliders with 14 min. qtrs. I changed fumble to 0, all penalties to 100 and injuries to 100. I set these settings on the main menu under my profile.

I started my new cfm, with game tuning on and imported my sliders, then turned game tuning back off. Saved my cfm. Clicked start cfm(or start season) button and saved again to make sure when I closed my madden application and restarted madden and loaded my cfm it would load to my first preseason game and not to the start season menu again.

I played the first half of my first preseason game and these were my results.
User / CPU
Fumbles : 2 / 1
Injury : 2 / 0
Penalties: 6 (4 fm, 2 fs) / 6 (all fasemask)

Then I closed my madden application and restarted Madden. Changed my settings in my profile to fumble 48, penalties 50 (default) and Injury to 65. Loaded my cfm changed game play tuning to on, imported my new slider changes, turned game play tuning back off and saved my cfm.

I played the first half of my first preseason game again with these settings and these were my results.

User / CPU
Fumbles : 0 / 1
Injuries : 1 / 2
Penalties : 1 (Fasemask) / 0

Conclusion from this small sized test. It seems you can import custom sliders with game play tuning on and turn it back off without it reverting back to default sliders. I hope this makes some kind of sense (I'm not good at typing what i'm thinking). I tried to explain step by step everything I did.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Old 01-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #39
All Star

authentic's Arena

Has anyone thought about turning fatigue off and testing penalties? I know when testing before I found penalties to have a connection to fatigue. The only real impact it would have is CPU running backs getting touches. You can use formation subs to give your back ups touches. Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #40
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Just played a game with tuner off. I lowered acc and fum to 40 everything else default and imported my sliders and it played awesome. I sure wish ea wouldve released a statement saying if you want the game to play he way it intended to turn OFF the turner. Omg i wasted so much time with sliders.

I saw fumbles and missed passes and 1 sack. Everything looks about where it should be

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »