What has worked for me to get a great sim football game - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

This is a discussion on What has worked for me to get a great sim football game within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #65
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: What has worked for me to get a great sim football game

I don't even try to get realistic penalty calls anymore. It sacrifices gameplay and at this stage, I'm not willing to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #66
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I just tried. Did not work for me. I see the same old all madden &$&@$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #67
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I just tried. Did not work for me. I see the same old all madden &$&@$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once, again, skill is needed to play even with this setting. The worst I've lost so far is 31-13.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I just played 2 games with this theory. Ten 17 @ KC (me) 21 and NO (me) @ ATL 23. The games played pretty well, but the sacks were still an issue. I sacked the AI 6 times in both games. The bigger concern I have is the lack of fumbles. Tyler sees them but I don't. I saw my QB fumble once in the first game and Steven Jackson fumbled once in the second game and that was it. Not bad, but I'd like to see a couple more a game.

The long ball seems to be an issue as well, its almost an auto pick or knockdown for both human and AI even with INT bumped down.

These are more systematic issues that plague the game itself and not the sliders.

Overall the stats were good. I bumped up AI tackling and lowered human blocking and got the run game pretty much spot on for both teams. The completion % were actually pretty good too.

I'm going to tinker with some penalty sliders and see how much difference those make.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #69
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Let me know what you come up with. I only saw 1 fumble my last game and 4 sacks. There is some tinkering to be done. I moved hold fs and os to default and that toned down cpu running but may have messed with pb. Im still having good running results. Its hard for me idk. No 100 yard rusher in 7 games. I think the cpu % is a little high depending on qb. Newton was 16 for 16. Wtf but other games its been good. Sacks can be an issue but i wasnt seeing them at first so maybe its just detroits dl. Plus i find it overall a harder cpu. and sometimes i need that sack. I have notice in the 4th i have gotten most of my sacks on the qb thrying to make a comeback. Imo im having a lot of fun on this set. My slideritis has toned down but i still feel the itch...twitch...twitch...scratch
Old 01-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #70
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Also if i have an open lane on a wr/rb i use the hit stick to take him down so that probably contributes to my fumbling. Its just weird that i was seeing so many at 40 that i had to raise it and your not seeing any? Hmm.

On another note it just feels more competitive with the tuner off. Like i said the cpu being about to have 8 to 12 play drives is awesome i wasnt seeing that before. It feels more like all madden difficulty as it was in the past . I think the penalty sliders affect a lot so let me know how it goes.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Also if i have an open lane on a wr/rb i use the hit stick to take him down so that probably contributes to my fumbling. Its just weird that i was seeing so many at 40 that i had to raise it and your not seeing any? Hmm.

On another note it just feels more competitive with the tuner off. Like i said the cpu being about to have 8 to 12 play drives is awesome i wasnt seeing that before. It feels more like all madden difficulty as it was in the past . I think the penalty sliders affect a lot so let me know how it goes.
qb acc: 40/40 ****May bump QB ACC to 50 for AI
pass blocking: 50/50
wr catching: 50/50
run blocking: 40/75
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction time: 50/50
interceptions: 45/45
Pass coverage: 50/50
tackling: 55/60 ****Trying to get more fumbles without reducing rb special abilities.

Special teams

FG power: 40 ***Because Kickers don't miss even with ACC at 0, I move this down so you have to get into reasonable scoring range to score.
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt power: 30
Punt Accuracy: 90
kickoff power: 50

Penalties

Offside: 65
False Start: 55
Holding: 60
Facemask: 53
DPI: 60
OPI: 75
PUNT CATCH interference: 50
Clipping: 75
int grounding: 50*** May move lower to see if they avoid more sacks.
roughing the passer: 53
roughing the kicker: 50

The running game is about spot on. Charles was held to 3.9 YPC and had 86 yards rushing. Mark Ingram had 99 yards rushing on 18 carries, but he was bottled up until he broke a 59 yarder late in the 4th quarter. The run was on of the better runs I have ever seen on MAdden. He was met on the edge by the safety, bounced off and spun and almost lost his balance, the TE sealed off the LB and he was off to the races only to be caught from behind. It looked like Mark Ingram.

With that penalty set, I am seeing a decent amount of penalties. A couple face masks, roughs, clippings, offsides, the occasional encroachment and holdings. Even saw a pass beyond the LOS and some unnecessary roughness calls.

I just need to be able to fix the deep ball so both AI and Human can actually complete a couple and see a few more fumbles.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

For what it's worth, I tested this game tuning theory out over several games in Coach Mode. I can't say I saw a difference (at least nothing that stood out). I will say though that without a doubt, the QBA slider is linked to pass blocking. As I lowered the QBA slider (and nothing else), the pass blocking got worse and worse. At first I thought it was just the QB having lower pocket awareness, but over time I realized it was poor pass blocking, too. Damned if you do situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »