Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

This is a discussion on Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I also do this, as I feel the CPU's play calling puts them at a big disadvantage. I feel if I use coach suggestions, it somewhat levels the playing ground.

As for the chess piece thing, I generally go to suggestions then slide across to the "strategy" picks. Are they all chess pieces? I've never really taken notice of the little sign, though I have seen it before.
Nah, only the one representing strategy picks is a chess piece. Community picks are what looks like a group of people and Frequent is a star.

One other thing since it seems like several people have picked up on this idea - The strategy calls can get somewhat repetitive if you only pick the first one all the time. Typically you'll get at least 3 strategy suggestions out of all the suggestions possible, so it's very possible to limit yourself to those calls but still mix up your game.

And there's a few that just plain miss, especially on defense. I've seen base defense suggested vs. 4 and 5 WR more times than I want to. Use your own discretion if one of those situations occurs.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've found that this works best for me calling my defense. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first game of the season in a Jaguars coach mode CFM. We were down 7-28 and went into halftime down 10-28. Started calling my D using the Coach Suggestions and my D really improved. When I shut the console off to come to class I was down 20-28 and it looked more like a football game. Before deferring to my "defensive coordinator" it seemed like Nick Foles and the Eagles could do no wrong. I'm ready to get home and finish the game.

I will add that one should scroll through the "strategy" plays and read the blurb out to the right of them. Some will say something to the affect that your opponent does whatever 20+% of the time. I stay away from those and call plays that read something along the lines of my opponent frequently does something on a particular down and distance.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I've found that this works best for me calling my defense. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first game of the season in a Jaguars coach mode CFM. We were down 7-28 and went into halftime down 10-28. Started calling my D using the Coach Suggestions and my D really improved. When I shut the console off to come to class I was down 20-28 and it looked more like a football game. Before deferring to my "defensive coordinator" it seemed like Nick Foles and the Eagles could do no wrong. I'm ready to get home and finish the game.

I will add that one should scroll through the "strategy" plays and read the blurb out to the right of them. Some will say something to the affect that your opponent does whatever 20+% of the time. I stay away from those and call plays that read something along the lines of my opponent frequently does something on a particular down and distance.
I know this is the next gen forum, but I believe this feature is next-gen only, not for last gen? I think last gen just has game flow, but really no coach's suggestion, just "Ask madden?"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #12
All Star

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I do this - along with a few other house rules - but on Pro instead of All-Pro. For some strange reason, I still beat up the CPU on All-Pro but get good games on Pro.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I gave up on this. Just call my own plays. Offense by Personnel and Defense by Formation. I'm still 0-2 in year 1 with Jacksonville. Against the Eagles Shady McCoy went for 160 yds rushing, 3 rushing TDs and a TD rec.

Against Washington, the D was much better thanks to beginning to shift my line/linebackers as necessary. Held Alfred Morris to 92 yards on 20+ carries and 1 TD. RGIII tossed 4 TDs against us though. He didn't dink and dunk us to death but somehow got Garcon to beat my CB for long TDs a couple times and also got a big one from Hankinson.

Final score was 7-38, Washington.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #14
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I just wish they used the whole playbook. Id love it if Madden put in an auto-coordinator, who called all the plays for you and used the entire playbook. That would be phenomenal.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Trying this again in a Play Now game.

GB at STL (me)

Before I didn't have the play calling set to Quick. I do now and I just scroll down until I see the first "Strategy" play and call it. I'm playing QB/K/P only and it's admittedly a lot of fun. After the things I've learned in the skills trainer I'm a much better QB. Down 10-6 at the half and am 14-19 for 154 Yards and an Int w/ Sam Bradford! Tre Mason has 29 yards on 7 atts and Zac Stacy has 5 yards on 2 atts. For GB, Lacy has 35 yards on 6 atts.

Sadly, Rodgers has completed 94% of his passes but they're only up 10-6 so....

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 02-06-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Lost the game 31-16

Tossed a total of 3 picks and lost a fumble but 2 of the picks were too much air under deep balls and the 3rd was a hot route to a curl against Cover 3 and Sam Shields jumped it for the Pick 6.

GB (CPU)
A. Rodgers
26/33, 254 Yds, 3 TD

E. Lacy
19 Att, 94 Yds

A. Quarles
8 Rec, 98 Yds

D. Adams
7 Rec, 83 Yds, TD

STL (me)
S. Bradford (me)
31/42, 354 Yds, TD, 2 Int

T. Mason (cpu controlled)
11 Att, 52 Yds

J. Cook (cpu controlled)
11 Rec, 166 Yds, TD

Gonna take this back into my CFM... That was the most fun I've had actually playing Madden in a VERY long time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 02-07-2015 at 08:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »