Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

This is a discussion on Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #17
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

I use this strategy on Pro and All-Pro and they're pretty realistic. I use 12 minute quarters with 20-second run off.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:57 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tryed.NO works for me.Sorry
Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nah, only the one representing strategy picks is a chess piece. Community picks are what looks like a group of people and Frequent is a star.

One other thing since it seems like several people have picked up on this idea - The strategy calls can get somewhat repetitive if you only pick the first one all the time. Typically you'll get at least 3 strategy suggestions out of all the suggestions possible, so it's very possible to limit yourself to those calls but still mix up your game.

And there's a few that just plain miss, especially on defense. I've seen base defense suggested vs. 4 and 5 WR more times than I want to. Use your own discretion if one of those situations occurs.
A bit more info on this after playing around with it some more, particularly relating to the bold.

It seems that when the defensive suggestions are first made to you, they aren't taking the opponent's formation and personnel into account, which can lead to unbalanced stuff like base D against 4 WR. But...if you cancel out of the suggestions and go back in, it will update the suggestions to reflect the personnel the opponent will have out there, which means it will match base D to 2 WR, Nickel to 3, and so on. It's two quick button presses as the play screen comes up and you'll still have plenty of time to choose a suggested play (particularly with the other thing I'm about to mention).

It's a time-consuming pain scrolling through all the frequent and community play suggestions just to find the strategy ones, but you can filter to where only the strategy plays will show up. All you have to do is press right on the D-pad on the suggestions screen and you'll get a list of only the strategy plays. You'll get 3 at a time and can scroll through them with up and down.

Hope that helps! I didn't know about either of these until I started really messing around with the suggestions.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:54 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the tips @bcruise! Figured that out about scrolling to the right and being greeted with ALL of the strategy calls (3 pages of 3 plays each) mid-week last week.

Last edited by NoleFan; 02-17-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I have been doing this since 2005 I believe. But even with this house rule you will still need to tweak stuff. All pro default I m joe Montana with mediocre qb.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I've been using strategy suggestions on D of late and community suggestions on O. Seems like with O strategy suggestion Bortles and Co. just get set up for punts. Offense is way more efficient using community suggestions. I guess it's a function of knowing what won't work in coach mode too.

Got my JAX team with a 6-8 record headed to ATL who's 2-12

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I can definitely see my team getting better each season. First preseason game of the 2016-17 campaign was a come from behind victory over CIN. In this one, I left all play calling to my coordinators running whatever play was the first on the screen except in situations where I know it would fail. Prime example is a HB screen. Because of the mechanics of the auto pass coach mode where the QB throws after no input from the user, a HB screen is a guaranteed suicide mission.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

Through the preseason I've really been enjoying scrolling through to the first strategy play on O (unless it's a screen) and D. The only "issue" I find is that we don't run the ball enough it seems. I'm running a west coast offense using the Jags default playbook. Maybe I should switch to the West Coast playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »