Main menu and CFM - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Main menu and CFM

This is a discussion on Main menu and CFM within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #9
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Main menu and CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
So u both agree auto subs works in CFM? Cause I was under the impression it was still in "Main Menu leave Auto subs default in CFM"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent took a hard look at that yet. Im using Kings exact sliders on his blog but my main menu auto subs are default. Everything else in main menu i have purposely duplicated including AM on both too. Im going to match auto subs too. I want to try a few games like this where EVERYTHING is set the same in both and only adjust the gameplay tuning option to see what happens if anything. Then adjust only one thing specfically in the main menu but dont import them. For example just turn strafe and switch to off only in main menu (Kingv23 has them on) and try a few games with the gto set to on then off. Or even better put facemask at 100 in main menu and dont import it. Most sets have it at 53 so using that number as an example if facemask is 100 in main menu and 53 in cfm and everything else in main menu and cfm are exactly the same and the only thing you adjust is the gameplay tuning option inside cfm and you see a huge difference then thats that

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 02-04-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Heres another crazy one too. Gameplay tuning options is inside cfm only. Turn them to off and go into a game you can still adjust a few of the in-game settings. What if the gameplay tuning option isnt as advertised and its actually the "blender"?
I have my gameplay tuning option set to: "On" in CCM...

I tried it "Off" and as theorized, it mos def had an impact...

My concern was that it actually turned the "Level Blender" we're discussing Off, so I went back to the setting that seems to make the combo happen...

Quote:
So u both agree auto subs works in CFM? Cause I was under the impression it was still in "Main Menu leave Auto subs default in CFM"

I have my Auto Subs set the same exact way in the Main Menu and inside CCM...and...they work!

Old 02-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

My concern was that it actually turned the "Level Blender" we're discussing Off, so I went back to the setting that seems to make the combo happen...

I have my Auto Subs set the same exact way in the Main Menu and inside CCM...and...they work!

That must be whats just a bit off for me. I have been using your set exactly as is in your blog assists and all but i had AP in main menu with AM in cfm and gameplay tuning set to OFF. Also had subs at default in main menu.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #12
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:

Thanks King..there are so many variables in this game is unreal..so what is ur thought..this done on purpose or just a product of too much old stuff on top of old stuff on top of new stuff

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 02-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Not to keep beating on this but it makes so much sense now that we know main menu and cfm are tied together. I use quick playcall which can only be adjusted in main menu yet it automatically changes in cfm without an option to change it inside cfm itself. I always save using my own file so im thinking everything we adjust in main menu is carrying over to cfm via autosave hence the "blending" effect
Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Thanks King..there are so many variables in this game is unreal..so what is ur thought..this done on purpose or just a product of too much old stuff on top of old stuff on top of new stuff

Exactly!

IMHO, very little is done "on purpose" with regard to making the game as sim as possible in the single player versus the CPU paradigm...

Which is why we spend so much time and energy trying to overcome the consequences of layered "old code"...

Old 02-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #15
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Just to clarify the AM / AP "Level Blend":

It's a great option to have access to, if you (or the team you're playing as) can't get reasonable production / stats...

It works especially well for lower rated teams, rookie or mediocre QBs, teams with Confidence hovering around default, etc...

However, if you find yourself (like me) having your team OVR go up a few points over a couple seasons and have Confidence hovering closer to "max", then you're prob (like me) going to want to go back to AM in BOTH the Main Menu and inside CCM...

Otherwise, the sacks creep back up a little and it becomes a little "too easy" to move the ball on offence...

Well, that's been MY experience with this title...

So:

For my "Confident / 86 OVR MIN team with a progressed QB, it's been the way to go (back to):

AM in the Main Menu / AM inside CCM / Gameplay Tuning: ON

Old 02-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #16
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:

King i have a crazy theory i was wondering if you guys would mind testing with me. I wanted to see if you, StefJoeHalt or anyone else sees the same things as i am. Heres what ive already tried:

Using your set as is with 15 min qtrs, 15 sec runoff, slow speed.

1) Set AP in the main menu, AM in cfm, Gameplay tuning options set to YES. 3 games tested using the same teams. It felt tougher than AP, but not challenging. My overall offense was potent theirs was lethargic. I was sacking them too much too.

2) Set AM in the main menu, AM in cfm, Gameplay tuning options set to YES. 3 games tested using the same teams. It felt challenging all most too much, to the point of frustration. This time their overall offense was potent and mine was lethargic. I liked that i couldnt sack to save my life but i was getting sacked like crazy. IT FELT LIKE DOUBLE MADDEN DIFFICULTY

Heres where it got cool.

3)Keep AM in both main menu and cfm, but set the gameplay tuning option to NO. Two games so far but i already see a difference. It feels like AM to me. Balanced out everywhere yet still dynamic. I saw some different animations i havent seen before and this felt imho more like real life play

I think that what StefJoeHalt said in the OP is for real about mix and matching difficulties. Most of us have seen #1 work. I think if the difficulty is the same though with the blender ON you get All Madden on top of All Madden not just All Madden. Try out #2 and #3 i think youll see there is a difference.

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 02-06-2015 at 04:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »