Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 08-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Armor I'm plugging in your set now and I saw that you are testing in cfm. I know its very early on but just out of curiosity have you checked to see if any of the bugs are showing like drive goal progression? Just wondering if perhaps slider sets tone it down a bit I've seen people that say they aren't seeing issues maybe that's the case? Also curious to whether you are throwing to receivers and letting them dice roll the types of catches or are you "user catching" and selecting one of the three manually?
I am not paying attention to those CFM bugs right now I am very focused on gameplay tuning and awaiting the patch to start my CFM. 3-4 weeks won't go slow. That gives me plenty of time to lock in my settings for this cycle.

As far as user catching. I typically do not user catch at all. But I have to tell ya I love the new catch system. I am letting the CPU make the dice role decision and thus far I have been pleased with the results. It makes you really think about what kind of pass you will throw to a WR, TE or RB and base your decision on his ratings.

Last cycle I ended up user catching deep routes because of how brain dead the WR's would play the ball. basically they did not play it. This year they are and it's glorious.

If someone wants to switch on defense and user catch these sliders will still work well. I leave it to you about how you want to play. I just like to share my approach for those looking for something a little different and a little more dependent on player ratings (dice rolls) outcomes being the primary driver.

And M16 really is making player ratings mean something this year. Very happy with it thus far.
NBA 2K18
The Hunter Call Of The Wild

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #90
Rookie

MOJOMORRO's Arena

I'm sure you all have heard that a madden dev has recommended that we all wait on franchise mode. Are any of you guys going to wait or start up now? Also if anyone has found any workarounds to issues like how many times the QB runs in a simulated game what are they?

Baseball: Chicago White Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates
Basketball: Chicago Bulls
Football: Chicago Bears
Hockey: Chicago Blackhawks
College Sports: University of Oregon
Old 08-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #91
Banned

shaunhill18's Arena

would coach mode work with these slider because thts all i use
Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #92
Rookie

I know you need a bigger sample size, but I felt it was too easy.

I was the Chargers versus the Browns.

Passing
Rivers: 20/27 - 188 yds, 4 TDS
Manziel: 17/31 - 174 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack

Rushing - Chargers

Gordon: 20 att/119 yards, 1 TD
Oliver: 18 att/101 yards
Woodhead: 5 att/17 yards

Rushing Browns:
Crowell: 12 att/57 yards
West: 1 att/-4 yards

First Downs
Chargers:23
Browns:13

Third Down Conversion
Chargers: 9-11 (81%)
Browns:4-10 (40%)

Total Yards
Chargers:423
Browns:219

Time of Possession
Chargers:41:48
Browns:18:12

Penalties
Chargers:6-60
Browns:3-46

Last edited by Trigger18; 08-26-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Some thoughts on last nights testing:

1. Defensive Camera View is FUBAR in it's current state. If this is how it was designed it will not be used on M16. I truly hope it is a bug and not a design decision because it is not playable in it's current state.

2. Penalties are rocking. They work, the sliders work and it is glorious.

3. User pass coverage is going to need to worked on a lot. Zones are really not working well and DB's and Safeties are very slow to react.

4. Tackling slider is almost tuned to where I can get a great balance between organic animations, and realistic tackling.

5. QB accuracy needs to be worked on. At default it is not where it needs to be for 15 minute quarters.

6. Sacks are fixed. The sack issue is no more. Now you have to really earn your sacks. If your DL is stout your CPU teammates will get to the QB in a realistic manner. It worked hand in hand with pass coverage. I got a few coverage sacks when I only rushed 4. When I blitz I can get to the QB as well on occasion. As it should be.

7. CPU pass rush is deadly. Need to work on human pass protection...but not too much. but just enough to find that balance and feel sim.

8. CPU secondary is deadly quick on flat's and outs. You really need to be careful as I was getting stomped last night.

I am quite rusty and also need to get a much better feel for the new passing controls. However overall I love the game. Playing true no switch on defense was extremely hard. If you don't want to play true no switch (meaning never switching even after ball is caught) it will not affect the settings. This slider set will be designed for you to play no switch when the ball is the air and if you want to switch to the closet defender after the catch by all means have fun.

I do highly suggest though if you want to see the CPU running game don't switch on running plays. Allow your CPU teammates to make plays if your not in the vicinity. It makes for a more simulation like experience.

9. Speaking of running games and RB's. If you watched my Seahawks/Rams game you saw the fatigue and auto sub beta sliders at work as the Rams rotated Tre Mason and Todd Gurley to perfection as they ran the ball down my defenses throat over 60 minutes. The Hawks defense was gassed by the mid third quarter due to turnovers and short drives by the offense. The running game for the Rams picked up a lot of steam and eventually wore out the front 7. I am still testing and hard at work to get out a great base set so hang in there.

Overall I love the new passing mechanics, the WR/DB interactions have changed the way you play the game. Now more than ever match up's mean something.

The new running game is so on point. I love how it flows, the subtle moves the backs make behind the line, going into the pile, avoiding contact, initiating contact, and the fact you must follow your blocks.

I can see in the passing game you must have good pocket awareness and be able to step up or side to side to buy some time. It is crazy back there when your facing a really good pass rush. The Rams front 4 were insane.

RATINGS MATTER IN MADDEN 16!!!!!!

Stay tuned folks......a base set is coming soon. I do not want to release anything till I feel it is quality.

For those who were with me last night on Twitch.....it was fun and you know what settings I am working from at the moment. But things are going to change again this evening. Once again a version 1.0 is almost there....just have some patience and I promise you will be happy with our first base set. I really need to get more games in, get more familiar with some of the new mechanics and get back to playing defense with the standard and zoom cam as the defensive camera in it's current state is an absolute no go save for if I want to user DE/DT only.

Again I will only use the defensive camera when I am really focusing on a user pass rush or am 95% sure a running play is coming. Passing plays it is useless.

2. What do you think the penalties sliders need to be set to?

5. With QB what do you think it needs to be set to? I have only played 2 games but I thought default felt pretty good. First game CPU was like 58% and second game like 64%. I think I was 63% and 68%.

6. I agree that sacks are fixed have seen the CPU make sever nice passes on the run where last year it would have been a sack but I also fell like I am not getting enough pressure on the QB at default.

9. With the RB what do you have run blocking set to. I fell like on default RB for the user you don't get enough blocking. I am having a lot of runs where I have no where to go and get hit right around the line or even a yard or 2 be hind the line.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 9

Bad Qb's still hitting a little more than they shoik

Backup RB's not getting enough carries

Dump passed by CPU a little easy

Other than that I had two pretty solid games with this set
Old 08-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
2. What do you think the penalties sliders need to be set to?

5. With QB what do you think it needs to be set to? I have only played 2 games but I thought default felt pretty good. First game CPU was like 58% and second game like 64%. I think I was 63% and 68%.

6. I agree that sacks are fixed have seen the CPU make sever nice passes on the run where last year it would have been a sack but I also fell like I am not getting enough pressure on the QB at default.

9. With the RB what do you have run blocking set to. I fell like on default RB for the user you don't get enough blocking. I am having a lot of runs where I have no where to go and get hit right around the line or even a yard or 2 be hind the line.

LOL hey brother I am working on it.

Keep playing games though. Use many different match ups. I played two games last night and got walloped in both. These are my thoughts you quoted and what I am labbing/testing as we speak.

Set is coming along though. I would love to see how your games are going with the beta set and post stats and box scores and game stories if you like.

This thread is meant to be interactive and your constructive feedback is appreciated.

Just remember though these are ultimately going to be tuned to my skill level and no slider set is ever universal. Use it as a base.

Some of you are probably far better players than me and may approach the game a little different. Watching my broadcasts can give you a great idea how I play the game and then you can see if your approach is similar. If it is...these may be the right set for you.

If not...****n away LOL. Some other slider guys here are awesome:

Blue Ninja
Jaymeeawesome
Charter
TNK
Jarrod
Playmakers (if he decides to share and he is a big influence on my work)
JoshC1977

And a host of others I probably did not mention. We have an awesome slider and roster community here at OS.......enjoy it!
NBA 2K18
The Hunter Call Of The Wild

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 9

Bad Qb's still hitting a little more than they should

Dump passes by CPU a little easy

Other than that I had two pretty solid games with this set[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Bad Qb's still hitting a little more than they should

Dump passes by CPU a little easy

Other than that I had two pretty solid games with this set

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »