Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 09-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #1185
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Just a random idea I had. So 32 owner control is a bit troublesome from what I hear from you guys. Coaches change but play books stay the same which kinda defeats the purpose.

32 coach control with coach firing on is troublesome because they can get fired and you have to create new coaches at the end of the year.

32 coach control with no firing is way easier but there will never be any variety.

So here's my idea. Keep 32 coach control with firing off (easiest method). At the end of the season we can we use the random number idea that A&S has used for resigning and trades but tailor it to coach changes. Now I don't actually mean we change the coach. Just the philosophy. Off/Def schemes, Playbooks, and maybe even player schemes.

I'm not exactly sure how to structure it yet but I could again make it into an easy excel file that would do all the work for you.

What do you guys think? You get the easy coach method (with the least amount of cfm issues) but still get the realisticness (just created a word there) of teams changing philosophy.

We could do something also if you decided to control depth charts. Go through the preseason and pick some position battles and have the number generator pick the winner. Things like that.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782

NFL: TBD (**** the Chargers!!!)
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #1186
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just a random idea I had. So 32 owner control is a bit troublesome from what I hear from you guys. Coaches change but play books stay the same which kinda defeats the purpose.

32 coach control with coach firing on is troublesome because they can get fired and you have to create new coaches at the end of the year.

32 coach control with no firing is way easier but there will never be any variety.

So here's my idea. Keep 32 coach control with firing off (easiest method). At the end of the season we can we use the random number idea that A&S has used for resigning and trades but tailor it to coach changes. Now I don't actually mean we change the coach. Just the philosophy. Off/Def schemes, Playbooks, and maybe even player schemes.

I'm not exactly sure how to structure it yet but I could again make it into an easy excel file that would do all the work for you.

What do you guys think? You get the easy coach method (with the least amount of cfm issues) but still get the realisticness (just created a word there) of teams changing philosophy.

We could do something also if you decided to control depth charts. Go through the preseason and pick some position battles and have the number generator pick the winner. Things like that.

This sounds like a great idea. This would make the off season go by way faster, and it would save us time on making new coaches for the teams that fired theirs.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #1187
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

We can't just hire a fired coach from one team and place them on another? We actually have to create a random coach in place of fired coaches?
Old 09-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #1188
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
This sounds like a great idea. This would make the off season go by way faster, and it would save us time on making new coaches for the teams that fired theirs.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
That was exactly my thought. I'm gonna try to figure out the structure (just schemes/playbooks or player schemes as well) and create a workbook for it in the next couple days along with one for trades using what A&S has in the OP. Could take a little bit on the coach one because it would contain a lot of variables in I include player schemes (which I think I almost have to). But I'm gonna work on it for sure.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:55 AM   #1189
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Do you mean pressing R2 (PS4) right at the snap? That's not a bad idea.
Yes.
if you time it right you get an extra push of something.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #1190
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
We can't just hire a fired coach from one team and place them on another? We actually have to create a random coach in place of fired coaches?
I honestly don't know. You probably could recycle coach's. I think it's way easier in owner mode because you actually hire the coach. In coach mode you are the coach. Once you are fired you have no say so with the team so you have to create a new coach to regain control of that team. Ideally if owner mode worked right we could just use that. I'd prefer to use that. But if new coach's get hired and it's the same then that defeats the whole purpose.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #1191
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Yes.
if you time it right you get an extra push of something.
That's a good idea. Getting that extra push might cause the CPU QB to panic and run (even though he might not need to). I have played about a half without jumping the snap and it feels good. Still getting pressure and sacks. Thanks for the suggestion, this might be one of my new house rules too.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #1192
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I honestly don't know. You probably could recycle coach's. I think it's way easier in owner mode because you actually hire the coach. In coach mode you are the coach. Once you are fired you have no say so with the team so you have to create a new coach to regain control of that team. Ideally if owner mode worked right we could just use that. I'd prefer to use that. But if new coach's get hired and it's the same then that defeats the whole purpose.

No you can't use them because you are all of them. You have to retire them and create new coach.

I am creating former players as new coaches to keep it really cool and interesting.

It;s not hard to manage that. Just watch the transaction page starting after week 17 through the off-season.

Not hard at all.
NBA 2K18
The Hunter Call Of The Wild

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »