Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders - Page 15 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #113
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Probably best to test in CFM as that is what Armor is using for his testing. As in the past, pretty sure you will see a difference between modes with any slider set.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S
Not supposed to be a difference this year...but to be safe, yeah use CFM. I just created a "test" one and went straight to regular season games. No roster moves or anything like that. Just using it to straight up play game after game.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #114
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I've never used your sliders before. I'm a huge football fan but never been a fan of football for video games. I think Hockey and Football are by far the worse sports to emulate when it comes to video games. You can never get realistic sliders no matter how hard you work. Sliders are always based on the player style that is adjusting the sliders.

I don't agree with "No Switch Rule" on offense or defense. I don't trust the CPU to make plays for me. You'll notice that receiver sometimes stand around like deer in front of headlights. That's not realistic football. Sometimes you need to get out there and make the play. Hence the reason why there are different types of catching. There are times also on defense the CPU just gives up and never tries to attack the ball. Not realistic football.

The idea of sports games is to have fun, not make it real. I've tried with Bill Harris and we used Science down to the T to make sliders happen. They almost never work. You need to build sliders according to player ratings. Your sliders might work for a team that's rated 75. If you use a team that's above 80, the sliders get changed. The running game might work smoothly with a back that's 80 and under 90. A HB above 90 will do a whole lot better thus resulting in ridiculous stats.

I've tried your beta sliders, they seem pretty good. You'll always have a gap no matter how hard you try. If it's not the blocking, it will be the running. If it's not the catching, it will be the route running. Haven't you noticed some of the greatest sliders are not around anymore? We gave up! Madden is all about MUT. The days of playing a franchise and building a team of players that we never heard of 10 years from now is over.

I do hope you come up with something. This years Madden does sound promising and feels a lot better than it's previous titles. Unfortunately, there will always be a gap. You seem to know what you're doing. Good luck! I'll be using your sliders this year.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
LOL hey brother I am working on it.

Keep playing games though. Use many different match ups. I played two games last night and got walloped in both. These are my thoughts you quoted and what I am labbing/testing as we speak.

Set is coming along though. I would love to see how your games are going with the beta set and post stats and box scores and game stories if you like.

This thread is meant to be interactive and your constructive feedback is appreciated.

Just remember though these are ultimately going to be tuned to my skill level and no slider set is ever universal. Use it as a base.

Some of you are probably far better players than me and may approach the game a little different. Watching my broadcasts can give you a great idea how I play the game and then you can see if your approach is similar. If it is...these may be the right set for you.

If not...****n away LOL. Some other slider guys here are awesome:

Blue Ninja
Jaymeeawesome
Charter
TNK
Jarrod
Playmakers (if he decides to share and he is a big influence on my work)
JoshC1977

And a host of others I probably did not mention. We have an awesome slider and roster community here at OS.......enjoy it!

lol I was just wondering some of your thoughts about those things I asked that is all I know it takes time and like I said I know the 2 games is to small of a sample size. I find most people sliders on hear don't work for me got a different skill level then most people I guess but I know your MLB the show sliders did help me has a base. While I was saying how my 2 first games the completion % was pretty good both ways while I just had a ugly game. This was on default all pro have not tried your sliders yet didn't realize you had some posted already but any way my last game default all pro other then penalties. I was down by 11 with about 11 minutes left but I was able to get a TD with around 6 minutes left and then a stop and then I came down and scored another TD with about 25 seconds left to take the lead. I then ended up giving up a like 53 yard pass and then I was able on the last play stop the CPU from the 19 on the last play of the game to win 32-28. It was ugly game because I had 4 INT including 2 pick 6's that I gave up. Any way here where my stats.

GB me
total offense 457
rushing 74
passing 363

Vikings CPU

total offense 283
rushing 134
passing 149

Rodgers 25/44 56% for 379 4 Int 3 Td and sacked 2 times
Eddie lacy 16 attempts for 32 yards 2 average 1 TD

Teddy Bridgewater 12-23 52% 171 yards o INT 1 TD sacked 3 times
Adrain Peterson 32 attempts for 109 yards 3.4 average 0 TD lost 1 fumble

There where only 4 penalties all on the CPU.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Streaming another test game now!

Same sliders as the OP.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-26-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #117
Banned

shaunhill18's Arena

I cant find coach mode slid rs have you to see if theyd work
Old 08-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #118
22 Time Big 10 Champs

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I've never used your sliders before. I'm a huge football fan but never been a fan of football for video games. I think Hockey and Football are by far the worse sports to emulate when it comes to video games. You can never get realistic sliders no matter how hard you work. Sliders are always based on the player style that is adjusting the sliders.

I don't agree with "No Switch Rule" on offense or defense. I don't trust the CPU to make plays for me. You'll notice that receiver sometimes stand around like deer in front of headlights. That's not realistic football. Sometimes you need to get out there and make the play. Hence the reason why there are different types of catching. There are times also on defense the CPU just gives up and never tries to attack the ball. Not realistic football.

The idea of sports games is to have fun, not make it real. I've tried with Bill Harris and we used Science down to the T to make sliders happen. They almost never work. You need to build sliders according to player ratings. Your sliders might work for a team that's rated 75. If you use a team that's above 80, the sliders get changed. The running game might work smoothly with a back that's 80 and under 90. A HB above 90 will do a whole lot better thus resulting in ridiculous stats.

I've tried your beta sliders, they seem pretty good. You'll always have a gap no matter how hard you try. If it's not the blocking, it will be the running. If it's not the catching, it will be the route running. Haven't you noticed some of the greatest sliders are not around anymore? We gave up! Madden is all about MUT. The days of playing a franchise and building a team of players that we never heard of 10 years from now is over.

I do hope you come up with something. This years Madden does sound promising and feels a lot better than it's previous titles. Unfortunately, there will always be a gap. You seem to know what you're doing. Good luck! I'll be using your sliders this year.
Totally disagree.
Sounds like u couldn't make realistic slider sets so u let it ruin ur franchise experience.
Slider sets are a base, if u are too good or struggle with a set u tweet them.
I had many realistic and fun franchises using Armors set last year.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #119
Blackout!

hurdinator's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey Armor

I've followed your sliders for a few years now and find them great.

One point so far. Do you find the number of plays in the game too low with 18 second runoff? I find I'm getting around the league average of 110-120 plays with 25 sec runoff. I have a feeling the game timing is better handled this year and we won't run up too many plays, even with time still remaining on the play clock

Last edited by hurdinator; 08-26-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 6

2 problems I see. One the disappearing RB act in the 4th is still happens. Also tackles are broken pretty easy so maybe raising tackle might be needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »