Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 11-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #1929
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
As far as RB's breaking too many tackles and even TE's owning you.

What team are you playing as? That is an important question.

Raiders. TEs playing like monsters didn't surprise me that much - as the Raiders IRL have a hard time covering TEs - but when the Browns RB (Crowell) plays like a mix of AP and Lynch, breaking 6 tackles (including one by Aldon Smith and other by Lofton) in one run, then it's kinda strange.

I know Madden changed since my last Madden (25, on the 360), but are these broken tackles that frequent?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #1930
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
Raiders. TEs playing like monsters didn't surprise me that much - as the Raiders IRL have a hard time covering TEs - but when the Browns RB (Crowell) plays like a mix of AP and Lynch, breaking 6 tackles (including one by Aldon Smith and other by Lofton) in one run, then it's kinda strange.

I know Madden changed since my last Madden (25, on the 360), but are these broken tackles that frequent?
If your playing no switch on defense (which I don't know if you are) your going to see how much your players tackle ratings come into play. Even great tackle rating players will not wrap up a ball carrier every time.

Have you played a full season yet? If not I would suggest you do before making conclusions.

I have tackle on 40 because it brings out far better animations on slow speed, and it makes you really focus on team building (playing true no switch on defense). If your the player (user controlled) making the tackle consider using the conserviative wrap up tackle vs the hit stick/big hit tackle.

If your still thinking it's too much then turn the tackle slider to 45 or try turning down the CPU run block slider 5 clicks. But I suggest sticking out one season. getting the CPU to have a competent running game is a challenge and I think this set accomplishes that goal if your a "no switch" player.
NBA 2K18
The Hunter Call Of The Wild

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #1931
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I ran into a game breaking crash bug in my first off-season of my original 32 team CFM file.

I had multiple coaches fired. When I went to retire them (which I was able to do) and then create new coaches, the game would blue screen crash every single time. Needless to say I was extremely upset after having a fantastic time in year 1.

Then I go and restart as a single team owner mode and then in year 2 run into the pre-exsisting injury bug (where players never come off IR, and you can't cut them therefore dead weight on your roster).
oh wow, that sucks. I was able to avoid that blue screen crash.

Simmed the first season to do a rebuild of a crappy team and I want to say there were about 6 or 7 coaching changes. I retired all coaches that didn't get offered a job (for some reason I had to manually accept McCarthy's resigning with Packers) and then I had to wait until the 2nd round of FA for teams to hire coaches. So rather than creating a new coach I just took over after they already signed coaches.

Only noticed I think 3 newly generated coaches, the rest were rehired by other teams. Guys like Whisenhunt, Fisher, and Pagano all signed with new teams after I "retired" them
Old 11-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #1932
Rookie

Can i change the game speed to normal or will that screw with the sliders?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #1933
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

Armor - I love your sliders again this year! I'm having the most fun I've ever had with a video game. I had one question though. I've been playing as the Seahawks and I'm about half way through my first season in solo offline cfm in coach mode. I may be wrong but I could've sworn that Richard Sherman had about 5 INT. When I look at the league leaders he only has 2. It may be my middle aged mind but I started to wonder if stat totals are wack. Any thoughts on this or are you seeing no problems? I was just curious.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #1934
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Craigler
Armor - I love your sliders again this year! I'm having the most fun I've ever had with a video game. I had one question though. I've been playing as the Seahawks and I'm about half way through my first season in solo offline cfm in coach mode. I may be wrong but I could've sworn that Richard Sherman had about 5 INT. When I look at the league leaders he only has 2. It may be my middle aged mind but I started to wonder if stat totals are wack. Any thoughts on this or are you seeing no problems? I was just curious.
My sack and Int leaders NEVER show up on the NFL leaders, but they do when i sort them by conference. Been lie that for a few years
Old 11-06-2015, 03:24 AM   #1935
Rookie

Squammish's Arena

I've applied these sliders to my Fantasy drafted Giants GM mode and so far I've been really enjoying them. Some users around here don't enjoy these GM modes, but it's down to personal preference for me. I find there still exists a very large amount of parity between the teams and find the league, overall, very balanced for the most part.

Generally, what I've gathered from glancing through this thread is that the run game and passing game is supposed to be challenging using these sliders.

Through the first 3 games, Todd Gurley has rushed for over 472 yards on 81 carries with 2 TDs. This isn't that far fetched given his recent real life breakout and given that I'm using him as a total bell cow. Odell Beckham is my main receiver and he's gone off for 557 receiving yards, 7 touchdowns on 39 receptions. Again, he's the kind of player who can explode for points in any given game. I drafted a solid O-line because you win games in the trenches so maybe it's just paying off thus far. My Qb is lowly Jimmy Garoppolo. What makes me happy is that even with a young rookie QB, you can manage the game with smart plays so that your QB doesn't need to make huge plays - let the WRs/RB stars on the team do the heavy lifting.

Through 3 games, I've only given up 461 total passing yards and 184 rushing yards. That seems very low, albeit my defense has a lot of talented players.

3 games is a small sample size, so I will continue playing. So far what I'm enjoying the most is the snap counts, turnover frequencies, and the disparity between GOOD players and average ones. The sliders seem to really make the stars shine.

Cheers!

Last edited by Squammish; 11-06-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:08 PM   #1936
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

A Dolphins Tale Year 1 Week 4 is on the air to be followed by The Marino Years a 1986 CFM week 3

Twitch = Todem23
NBA 2K18
The Hunter Call Of The Wild

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »