Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders - Page 86 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #681
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
Alright buddy, I've played a few games with your sliders. I'm going to disagree with some of your rules. First off, your sliders are fun. Are they realistic stats? Not really. To each human his own. Maybe you're a lot better than me and stats will vary depending on play style. I will definitely say that the game does feel organic and unique. Mad props for making the running game feel so real.

House rules is a no no. What you're basically doing is taking away from the games elements. You say no switch rule. Yet, the CPU is so stupid that they sometimes look dead on the field and allow the receiver to make catches. I was just playing with the Browns(me) vs Patriots and it took 5 guys to bring Blount down. The guy runs like he's Walter Payton or better yet, Houston Oilers Earl Campbell. I even break your rules, switch to a defender and wrap him up. He still continues to break free. I switch again and dive tackle at him and switch again as a combo and wrap him. Basically you are telling me to let the CPU fail me. I did that, he gained 20+ yards as they failed in tackling.

The biggest one of them all. No user catch. I hope you do realize that user catching is essential in this years madden. Especially with slider tweaking. So basically, no sideline catches, no jumping up for a ball one vs one and no catch when you know you have daylight? You completely took away from Madden 16 with that rule. The game is designed to play with risk/reward. If I'm one on one and I'm in the 2 minute drill, you better believe I'm mashing the possession button. The whole idea is to make a possession catch. If you allow the CPU to make the catch, 99% of the time he will step out of bounds and choose a catch and run pass.

Again, mad props to your sliders. I really like them. They still seem far away from perfection. If you ask me (not that it matters) you should design sliders for the games elements and features. Or else I could just go watch a real football game instead of playing a video game. Ya feel? Not knocking on your sliders. They are the choice of sliders I'm going with. I just think (not only you) but many others are pulling away from what makes Madden 16 the best Madden to date. I want realism w/game features. I hope you can design sliders for that. If not, then this game is still broken.

btw, I have only one rule. I never use sprint. It's a game changer.
Man this is the most backhanded compliment post I've seen lol. Dude, what exactly is it you don't understand about how the slider community works. These guys (A&S, charter, etc.) work on sliders to make the game play as perfect as possible for THEM. Nobody else. Then they are kind enough to share with us (the one's who don't have time or make time for whatever reason) so we can hopefully enjoy the game as much as they are without going through all the work. That is why they are called.....wait for it......a BASE SET. A&S isn't telling you to follow his house rules. He isn't telling you how to play. All he is doing is letting you know how he plays the game. If you choose to play different and have completely different results well then so be it. So here's a thought, play however you want. Tweak what ever you want.

This is my favorite part. That last paragraph cracks me up. You start off by giving mad props. You really like them. Which is funny because the previous paragraph was a bash fest. But then you tell him how he should design HIS sliders for the games elements and features (but more likely how you want to to play lol) or you could go watch a game instead. Um.....okay? Again funny because I've seen all the new features come out using these sliders. The you give props again, even saying these are the sliders you're rolling with. But then again say that the slider makers are pulling away from what make this game great. Again, um.....okay? Then here comes my favorite line. I hope YOU can design sliders for that. If not, then this game is still broken. It's not broken bro (well other then the progression bug in cfm).

Here's a thought. Make your own sliders and have a grand old time with it. Then post them for others to try out. Then have people play 1 game (and I realize you have said you've played a large sample size so don't get defensive) and tell you that this is wrong and that is wrong. Let people know to play 5-10 games and fell it out because not EVERY football game is gonna play out the same. Variety is realism. Then have people again play 1 game and tell you to change this and that. Let them know it's a BASE set and to adjust to there level. Have people ignore it and still chime in with the same stuff day after day. Finally have penalties in a Madden game but then have people complain that the penalties are called to often/unrealistic/same one to much. Have the best Madden we've had in forever but have people still ****ting on YOUR work, that you've used YOUR free time on, that you were kind enough to SHARE with others so they wouldn't have to put in any effort other the plug in the sliders and play (oh I guess complain as well).

My point in this rant is that constructive stuff helps out. There is not one thing in your post that could help benefit these sliders. It's just you not liking things and wanting them to be fixed for you. I've followed the thread from the start and most posts are solid. But seriously about 20% is just straight nonsense. Same questions over and over/complaining/etc. Then here's A&S doing his best to answer the same questions and help others but come on man. Dude did you a solid by just posting these. You claim you like them. So again, tweak the areas you don't agree with and play. Solved.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #682
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Man this is the most backhanded compliment post I've seen lol. Dude, what exactly is it you don't understand about how the slider community works. These guys (A&S, charter, etc.) work on sliders to make the game play as perfect as possible for THEM. Nobody else. Then they are kind enough to share with us (the one's who don't have time or make time for whatever reason) so we can hopefully enjoy the game as much as they are without going through all the work. That is why they are called.....wait for it......a BASE SET. A&S isn't telling you to follow his house rules. He isn't telling you how to play. All he is doing is letting you know how he plays the game. If you choose to play different and have completely different results well then so be it. So here's a thought, play however you want. Tweak what ever you want.

This is my favorite part. That last paragraph cracks me up. You start off by giving mad props. You really like them. Which is funny because the previous paragraph was a bash fest. But then you tell him how he should design HIS sliders for the games elements and features (but more likely how you want to to play lol) or you could go watch a game instead. Um.....okay? Again funny because I've seen all the new features come out using these sliders. The you give props again, even saying these are the sliders you're rolling with. But then again say that the slider makers are pulling away from what make this game great. Again, um.....okay? Then here comes my favorite line. I hope YOU can design sliders for that. If not, then this game is still broken. It's not broken bro (well other then the progression bug in cfm).

Here's a thought. Make your own sliders and have a grand old time with it. Then post them for others to try out. Then have people play 1 game (and I realize you have said you've played a large sample size so don't get defensive) and tell you that this is wrong and that is wrong. Let people know to play 5-10 games and fell it out because not EVERY football game is gonna play out the same. Variety is realism. Then have people again play 1 game and tell you to change this and that. Let them know it's a BASE set and to adjust to there level. Have people ignore it and still chime in with the same stuff day after day. Finally have penalties in a Madden game but then have people complain that the penalties are called to often/unrealistic/same one to much. Have the best Madden we've had in forever but have people still ****ting on YOUR work, that you've used YOUR free time on, that you were kind enough to SHARE with others so they wouldn't have to put in any effort other the plug in the sliders and play (oh I guess complain as well).

My point in this rant is that constructive stuff helps out. There is not one thing in your post that could help benefit these sliders. It's just you not liking things and wanting them to be fixed for you. I've followed the thread from the start and most posts are solid. But seriously about 20% is just straight nonsense. Same questions over and over/complaining/etc. Then here's A&S doing his best to answer the same questions and help others but come on man. Dude did you a solid by just posting these. You claim you like them. So again, tweak the areas you don't agree with and play. Solved.
Great post tdawg some of us appreciate what Armor does and "understand" he's sharing the sliders with us that work for him. I wouldn't take this guy too seriously he's all over the place. When someone says house rules is a no-no, then says he doesn't sprint as a house rule it just comes off as hypocritical. Heres my house rules : enjoy the game, give constructive feedback that will help the thread and appreciate the people that bust their asses to make it even better.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #683
Bash Brothers

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Armour, quick question about your 32 team control method. Do you set the auto subs for all 32 teams? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Absolutely yes. Makes it much better IMO.
Any chance you'll post what you use for the other 31 teams?
Wisconsin Badgers
Old 09-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #684
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

This is a fantasy draft online CFM, I am the Bears.

My sliders for this game:
15 minute 12 sec runoff
Slow Speed
45 Threshold

PLAYER SKILL
QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 45
WR Catching: 65
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 48
Pass Defense Reaction: 56
Interceptions: 35
Pass Coverage: 56
Tackling: 40

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 42
Punt Power: 42
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

CPU SKILL
QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 43
WR Catching: 65
Run Blocking: 55
Fumbles: 48
Pass Defense Reaction: 50
Interceptions: 35
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 40

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 42
Punt Power: 42
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

PENALTIES
set in CFM
Offsides: 55
Flase Start: 55
Offensive Holding: 55
Defensive Holding: 55
Face Mask: 52
Illegal Block In The Back: 52
Roughing The Passer: 50
DPI: 60

Chicago Bears at Seattle Seahawks
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Chicago Bears (2-0)01073626
Seattle Seahawks (1-1)3737020
Team Stats Comparison
CHISEA
Total Offense425291
Rushing Yards13379
Passing Yards292212
First Downs1715
Punt Return Yards4214
Kick Return Yards3830
Total Yards505335
Turnovers42
3rd Down Converstion8-15(53%)5-13(38%)
4th Down Conversion0-0(0%)0-0(0%)
2-Point Conversion0-0(0%)0-0(0%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/0(66%)1/0(100%)
Penalties2-201-15
Posession Time35:1927:32
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCHISEA
10:05(SEA) S. Janikowski, 48 Yd FG03
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCHISEA
12:40(CHI) D. Green-Beckham, 17 Yd pass from B. Hundley (G. Zuerlein kick)73
1:16(CHI) G. Zuerlein, 55 Yd FG103
0:38(SEA) M. Floyd, 31 Yd pass from A. Smith (S. Janikowski kick)1010
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCHISEA
6:30(SEA) S. Janikowski, 38 Yd FG1013
1:15(CHI) D. McCray, returned interception 14 Yds (G. Zuerlein kick)1713
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCHISEA
6:03(SEA) M. Brown, 5 Yd pass from A. Smith (S. Janikowski kick)1720
0:00(CHI) G. Zuerlein, 51 Yd FG2020
OVERTIME SCORINGCHISEA
12:58(CHI) L. Green, 8 Yd pass from B. Hundley2620
Chicago Bears
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Hundley21/2930221
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Gurley261013.80
B. Hundley8243.00
D. Cobb166.00
C. Michael122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Parker710515.00
D. Beckham67913.11
K. Durham37525.00
L. Green33411.31
C. Michael155.00
T. Gurley144.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
L. Toilolo10
Z. Martin10
A. Smith01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
E. Berry120.000
L. Delmas60.000
S. Lee60.000
K. Alonso60.000
E. Ansah63.500
R. Sherman50.000
A. Talib50.000
D. McCray50.011
R. Gregory31.500
J. Collins20.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
G. Zuerlein2/22/2856
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Lecher312240.61
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Talib23819.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Talib44210.50
Seattle Seahawks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Smith20/3525322
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Foster18764.20
C. Ivory133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Floyd511723.51
A. Foster4184.50
M. Brown46215.51
V. Green3217.00
A. Robinson22110.50
L. Kendricks2147.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
G. Robinson30
V. Green31
A. Levitre20
M. Glowinski12
K. Juszczyk10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Stanford110.000
A. Hawk100.000
K. Chancellor100.000
E. Thomas III90.000
S. Nicholas70.000
D. Dennard50.000
J. McCourtney60.000
J. Sheard51.000
M. Daniels40.000
C. Cook30.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
S. Janikowski2/22/2848
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Schmidt522144.21
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
M. Jenkins11818.00
E. Thomas III11212.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
E. Thomas III2147.00

Notes
- User Qb is still too accurate (Going to try 38 Qb Acc for an entire game)
- Still not as many penalties as I would like.
- Still too many sacks, although defense may have gotten the confidence bug in the second half. (Going to move threshold down to 43).
- The first half Alex Smith started 11-17 for 117 yards and a touchdown, which is the best a Qb has fared against my defense.
- In the second half Smith didn't play nearly as good, finishing with a Qb rating of 75.0, which I am ok with as I loaded up with talent in my secondary.
- Smith didn't hardly throw to Sherman, instead electing to throw to Talibs side. Talib got beat for a touchdown to Floyd and on another long pass, but all in all played ending up with 3 pass breakups.
- The Seahawks were killing me in the run game, I'm not sure why they didn't stick too it (Superbowl jokes aside).
- Hundley fumbled the ball THREE times (my fault for not sliding) on read options and Gurley fumbled once in the 4th quarter as I was trying to chew the clock.
- Play Count: Bears 65, Seahawks 54. I would say about five of my plays came in OT and the Hawks didn't get the ball in OT. (Going to try 15 minute quarters with 13 run off)

That's all I got for right now.

Last edited by DerkontheOS; 09-03-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #685
Pro

This will be the dumbest question I ask!

When the patch drops, I wont need an Xbox live account will I? My subscription just ran out!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #686
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
This will be the dumbest question I ask!

When the patch drops, I wont need an Xbox live account will I? My subscription just ran out!
- No online, no patch bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Any chance you'll post what you use for the other 31 teams?
- exactly as they are on the OP bro.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #687
Rookie

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you armor. You've taken the time to make the game more enjoyable for me (and many others) and I appreciate that. I've had more fun with your sliders than I've had with Madden in a long time. Keep up the excellent work.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #688
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Great post tdawg some of us appreciate what Armor does and "understand" he's sharing the sliders with us that work for him. I wouldn't take this guy too seriously he's all over the place. When someone says house rules is a no-no, then says he doesn't sprint as a house rule it just comes off as hypocritical. Heres my house rules : enjoy the game, give constructive feedback that will help the thread and appreciate the people that bust their asses to make it even better.
I don't. I just got frustrated with the silliness of some of the posts on here. That one just made me have to vent. It's like people don't want to work anything out anymore. Center of the universe syndrome. Give me now without me having to do anything at all. Just want to make sure A&S knows how much I and I'm sure plenty of others are grateful for his work. If this was my thread I would be getting irritated and posting some not so nice things back. But he has handled it solidly.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »