Home

Weekly Training; Too Easy?

This is a discussion on Weekly Training; Too Easy? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2024, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Weekly Training; Too Easy?

Does anyone have house rules they follow when doing the weekly trainings? I feel like it’s almost too easy to get a player to a high overall by using them every week in training while getting gold.

I use Funky’s XP sliders as well, but I still seem to see a lot of overall growth from players. I’m curious if anyone has any ideas or rules they follow to keep it more realistic. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 02:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Weekly Training; Too Easy?

Are you just playing the same drill over and over that you find easy for a specific position? Switch up the drills. If you can easily get gold in all of them, then just sim the trainings at that point if you'd like more variety. If you don't get gold in all of them, then play the drills that are more difficult for you.

I personally have a number of drills I can basically gold every time, others I cannot. Whenever I get a gold, I make sure the next drill I do is one I don't regularly gold and vice-versa.

― Plato
Old 01-08-2024, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Are you just playing the same drill over and over that you find easy for a specific position? Switch up the drills. If you can easily get gold in all of them, then just sim the trainings at that point if you'd like more variety. If you don't get gold in all of them, then play the drills that are more difficult for you.

I personally have a number of drills I can basically gold every time, others I cannot. Whenever I get a gold, I make sure the next drill I do is one I don't regularly gold and vice-versa.

That’s smart, I usually switch between offense and defense every other week. I don’t hold them all and usually limit myself to one try per drill, whatever happens, happens. Kind of like a good week or bad week of practice.

I was just curious if anyone else had something better they used to make it more realistic than I what was doing - I appreciate your feedback, so thank you!

Old 01-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #4
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I don't user any of the drills usually if I have a player as my focus. Maybe on bye week I will play a weekly training to get gold but otherwise every week I just sim and get the bronze.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I don't user any of the drills usually if I have a player as my focus. Maybe on bye week I will play a weekly training to get gold but otherwise every week I just sim and get the bronze.
You don't get XP for the mini game if you sim it. Whatever you do in the drill is added to your total XP but it doesn't show up on the weekly summary. The 300 focus XP is in addition to the XP you get for the actual drill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2024, 02:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
You don't get XP for the mini game if you sim it. Whatever you do in the drill is added to your total XP but it doesn't show up on the weekly summary. The 300 focus XP is in addition to the XP you get for the actual drill.
Have you confirmed this by looking at the player's XP before and after simming the drills?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 01-15-2024, 08:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Have you confirmed this by looking at the player's XP before and after simming the drills?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Yes. Because I was getting a gold medal in the mini game but in the progression history the 750 didn't show up. So I checked the XP for a player and then completed the mini game and the XP was awarded. So if you do the mini game you get the XP from that and then 300 XP for the focus plus whatever extra you get from the training.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Yes. Because I was getting a gold medal in the mini game but in the progression history the 750 didn't show up. So I checked the XP for a player and then completed the mini game and the XP was awarded. So if you do the mini game you get the XP from that and then 300 XP for the focus plus whatever extra you get from the training.

This is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »