Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders - Page 28 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #217
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

First play of the second half Abdullah hits a HR 76 yard TD run!
Old 12-14-2015, 01:42 AM   #218
MVP

OVR: 9

Do you find it possible to ever complete a "jump ball" type of play? I am throwing an interception basically every time I throw a high throw to a WR or TE that should have a mismatch in single coverage. I only throw deep or throw it up when a guy has single coverage and should be a mismatch either in speed or height, but it's getting picked at a very, very high rate.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:35 AM   #219
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Do you find it possible to ever complete a "jump ball" type of play? I am throwing an interception basically every time I throw a high throw to a WR or TE that should have a mismatch in single coverage. I only throw deep or throw it up when a guy has single coverage and should be a mismatch either in speed or height, but it's getting picked at a very, very high rate.
Edit:
After a couple of games with poor results on contested balls for both CPU and HUM, I just played a game where I thought it played out perfectly.

I had watched one of your games on Twitch and thought the deep / jump ball game looked a little funny. Just wondering how you feel about where it stands.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #220
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Edit:
After a couple of games with poor results on contested balls for both CPU and HUM, I just played a game where I thought it played out perfectly.

I had watched one of your games on Twitch and thought the deep / jump ball game looked a little funny. Just wondering how you feel about where it stands.
"I don't always throw jump balls, but when I do, I throw them to Calvin Johnson Jr."

Ha, but honestly he'll catch 50% of them if they're close. I know Pettigrew has come down with one too. I really only make a throw when I'm confident the player will be absolutely open, so jump balls aren't a huge part of my game unless I'm near the goal line.

The AI defintely gets their share of them too.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #221
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
"I don't always throw jump balls, but when I do, I throw them to Calvin Johnson Jr."

Ha, but honestly he'll catch 50% of them if they're close. I know Pettigrew has come down with one too. I really only make a throw when I'm confident the player will be absolutely open, so jump balls aren't a huge part of my game unless I'm near the goal line.

The AI defintely gets their share of them too.
I played a really tense game with these yesterday that included several nice deep plays by both teams. I just worry that not-really-tall guys won't catch enough of them with what I've seen so far.

I was able to get two guys behind the defense. On one play, Moncrief caught a deep ball on the tips of his fingers about 2 yards beyond cover-3 CB and Safety (it was a real thing of beauty). On the 2nd one I had a wide open receiver (no coverage within 10 yards) but it was overthrown by about a yard. I threw a jump ball for Andre Johnson in the endzone that he came up with, and the CPU threw a deep jump ball into the endzone that was caught. Vontae Davis had a ridiculous INT in zone coverage where he out-jumped and undercut a seam route. This goes along with several incompletions, but it felt very realistic.

In the game I played yesterday, I fell behind early, but hit a couple of those deep plays, and led 24-23 halfway through the third quarter. That would turn out to be the final score. They only needed a FG and I desperately wanted a TD, but in the end, it was a quarter-and-a-half of high-tension action. Very fun.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #222
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Going to stream Week 7 at home against the Vikings. They crushed us putting up 40 in Week 2.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #223
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Lions pull out the win to improve to 4-3 with a 24-22 win over the Vikings. Lions are 4-0 at Ford Field this season.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #224
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Streaming Week 8 now as the 4-3 Lions head to London to face the 2-5 Chiefs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »