Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #17
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

TNK has reached out to me last night about joining our slider efforts together. I told him that if that's what would work best for the community, I was all about it.

Stay tuned on that I guess
Old 08-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Mike,

I completely agree!

The inherent problem seems to be that Madden hasn't made the same jump to a "passing league" that the real NFL has. The playbooks and coaching calls still lean towards a world where 60-40 run to pass is the norm.

Idk if this is something you want to mess with, but last year (Madden 15) someone somewhere posted a solution that involved having user control over all 32 teams. They then adjusted each of the coaching schemes (and coaching settings) accordingly.

It's a lot of work -- but I believe that was the first franchise I'd ever done where the season stats were actually inflated to that of the NFL. Guys like Luck, Rodgers and Manning were throwing for between 4,500-5K! (Of course the issue of them throwing for insane numbers was in effect.)

Based on what seems to be the popular opinion about the Sliders and Clock having no effect on full sim games -- I believe (fear) this might be the ONLY way to address that issue (for the few who care about total season stats obviously)
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #19
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdotstrange
Mike,

I completely agree!

The inherent problem seems to be that Madden hasn't made the same jump to a "passing league" that the real NFL has. The playbooks and coaching calls still lean towards a world where 60-40 run to pass is the norm.

Idk if this is something you want to mess with, but last year (Madden 15) someone somewhere posted a solution that involved having user control over all 32 teams. They then adjusted each of the coaching schemes (and coaching settings) accordingly.

It's a lot of work -- but I believe that was the first franchise I'd ever done where the season stats were actually inflated to that of the NFL. Guys like Luck, Rodgers and Manning were throwing for between 4,500-5K! (Of course the issue of them throwing for insane numbers was in effect.)

Based on what seems to be the popular opinion about the Sliders and Clock having no effect on full sim games -- I believe (fear) this might be the ONLY way to address that issue (for the few who care about total season stats obviously)
Thanks, man. I personally don't like modeling that includes full 32 team control because I believe no matter how much you try, you'll end up with 32 teams that all look the same in the end because they follow the same preconceived notions in ones own mind. Think of it like eyewitness reporting which has been documented as being HIGHLY unreliable. I like the teams to live and breathe on their own, even if they make occasional mistakes (just like in real life!).

Same goes for MLB the Show--I feel a lot of people go about doing 30 team control because they see others doing it as "the only way!" I disagree, and would rather not be a Lemming in a league full of parody. If you look at any one professional sports season for any sport, you're going to see things that don't make sense. That's part of the experience, and I want to see that in my universes.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel ya. I believe when I did it for my Madden 15, the ONLY thing I adjusted was the coaching schemes and coaching settings (run to pass, playbook preference, etc.)

After that (aside from my actual selected team) I set everything to auto, so I was only actually managing 1 team. The 32 team control was just formality to be able to adjust the schemes accordingly.

I completely agree trying to manage the front office of all 32 teams would 1. take forever and 2. lead to some very skewed free agent signings / resigns. But, controlling 1 team (as my own) while letting the other 31 handle on auto kept the other teams living and breathing on their own (so I thought)
Old 08-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #21
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdotstrange
I feel ya. I believe when I did it for my Madden 15, the ONLY thing I adjusted was the coaching schemes and coaching settings (run to pass, playbook preference, etc.)

After that (aside from my actual selected team) I set everything to auto, so I was only actually managing 1 team. The 32 team control was just formality to be able to adjust the schemes accordingly.

I completely agree trying to manage the front office of all 32 teams would 1. take forever and 2. lead to some very skewed free agent signings / resigns. But, controlling 1 team (as my own) while letting the other 31 handle on auto kept the other teams living and breathing on their own (so I thought)
The extra notifications and noise this creates simply isn't worth it. But to each their own!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #22
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Check this out!

By pressing R3 at the main screen, turn off the audio tracks you don't want and even add in JUST the orchestrated tracks which are turned off by default. This is what I'm doing now!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #23
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Going to stream my week 2 test game (link below). I also reorganized the sliders to match how they are listed in CFM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #24
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Funny you had too few of plays, I had closer to 130 or so in my game. I'm guessing you broke off bigger plays and had less incomplete passes than me.

Are you playing in CFM or Play Now? I'm looking to do my testing within CFM to compare against the AI.

Also, San Diego ran the ball on me well. We chugged along in our run game 3 yards at a time with Joique Bell.
That was just a Play Now game. There were quite a few big plays early, but as the game went on they became fewer and fewer. With all those rushing yards I only had 2 20+ rushing plays and a lot of my passes were less than 15 yards, more west coast style.

I was holding off on CFM until they patched it, but if that is how you want some results, I can do that as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »