Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders - Page 32 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #249
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

Streaming Week 11 now if anyone's around.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #250
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Doctor, was thinking about your super simmed kicks, and just keep in mind that simmed games are turning out a very high success rate on FGs for AI teams. In Week 11 there are a number of teams with 100%, and plenty of others in the 90s.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #251
MVP

OVR: 9

Yes, I am noticing that super-simming is not really changing results all that much. I did find that I was getting better at returning kicks and punts than the CPU so maybe I will just not manually control the returners.

I do think there is a real effect on where punts get downed though. I see alot more punts that are downed by the coverage team. I think I can tell because the super-sim says the punt was returned for 0 yards by someone on the wrong team.

Anyway as for coverage; the Brady game seemed like a fluke to me. He started out the game like 7/7, but then penalties forced the Pats to kick a FG, the next two drives resulted in the safety and defensive TD, and for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters he seemed off-target. Then in the 4th I don't think he had a single incompletion. Yesterday, I was experimenting with offensive playbooks and in 3 quarters against Carolina Cam Newton was 14/15. Most games seem to end with the QB's between 60-75% completion though.

Personally, I would say that I've gotten a little bit too good in the passing game, but it's right on that borderline where tinkering with it too much could break things. I've noticed that almost all pass deflections are dropped interceptions, and so by increasing reaction time or coverage, you could really run a risk of throwing turnovers out of whack, or have too many dropped interceptions that would change the feel of the game.

Also, I finally saw a fumble by a non-QB, it was a strip of a TE who was RAC. I'm afraid that if you reduce fumbles any more, QBs will drop the ball every time they're hit. I've seen about 6 QB fumbles in 3 games. Is this something you're seeing?
Old 12-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #252
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Yes, I am noticing that super-simming is not really changing results all that much. I did find that I was getting better at returning kicks and punts than the CPU so maybe I will just not manually control the returners.
Yeah, I see better returns too, but I enjoy trying to break one, so I'll just deal with it. Not too different from the AI results.

Quote:
I do think there is a real effect on where punts get downed though. I see alot more punts that are downed by the coverage team. I think I can tell because the super-sim says the punt was returned for 0 yards by someone on the wrong team.
I'd agree with this. I agree when you said that EA has shown they simply aren't focused on special teams, however at least the ball does bounce a bit differently and will deaden itself when in previous games, this would never happen.

Quote:
Personally, I would say that I've gotten a little bit too good in the passing game, but it's right on that borderline where tinkering with it too much could break things. I've noticed that almost all pass deflections are dropped interceptions, and so by increasing reaction time or coverage, you could really run a risk of throwing turnovers out of whack, or have too many dropped interceptions that would change the feel of the game.
I agree 100%. I've thrown for 800+ yards and 7 TDs in my last two games. We're on a 6 game winning streak (Stafford does have 99 confidence, which I think only one other guy on the team does too). What about keeping things where they are at, but bumped up to All-Madden? Just a thought.

Quote:
Also, I finally saw a fumble by a non-QB, it was a strip of a TE who was RAC. I'm afraid that if you reduce fumbles any more, QBs will drop the ball every time they're hit. I've seen about 6 QB fumbles in 3 games. Is this something you're seeing?
That's funny, because I've seen the opposite. In two games since the switch, I've seen 2 fumbles, both my AI RBs. Stafford got sacked 4 times against the Raiders, and did not fumble lol. Through 11 weeks, the team leader in fumbles recovered is Cincy with 16.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #253
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I agree 100%. I've thrown for 800+ yards and 7 TDs in my last two games. We're on a 6 game winning streak (Stafford does have 99 confidence, which I think only one other guy on the team does too). What about keeping things where they are at, but bumped up to All-Madden? Just a thought.
I've considered an All-Madden bump, or a different slider set (I've had great success with fistofrage's NCAA slider sets in the days of yore), but I kind of want to play out this season. I don't like making major changes mid-season. If I win a couple of playoff games or something then I think I'll know that it's too easy for me right now.

Quote:
That's funny, because I've seen the opposite. In two games since the switch, I've seen 2 fumbles, both my AI RBs. Stafford got sacked 4 times against the Raiders, and did not fumble lol. Through 11 weeks, the team leader in fumbles recovered is Cincy with 16.
That's good news, maybe this will stabilize over time.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #254
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

I wonder what would happen if we JUST jacked up the reaction slider to something like 75 or 80? If it's nuts, just back out of the game and start over--even in an online CFM, the game will just reset itself.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #255
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

How about trying these changes in addition to the ones yesterday:

Run Blocking for both to 53

Pass Defense Reaction Time to 30 for both

Pass Coverage to 90 for both (I think there are just too many easy reads)
Old 12-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #256
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
How about trying these changes in addition to the ones yesterday:

Run Blocking for both to 53

Pass Defense Reaction Time to 30 for both

Pass Coverage to 90 for both (I think there are just too many easy reads)
I will try to test tonight.

One other possibility is dropping the catch slider a bit so that more passes are broken up by the ensuing hit. But this might mess with your drops statistic if you're trying to keep that even with the simmed stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »