Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders - Page 45 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #353
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

Making the following adjustments:

AI Run Blocking +1 to 54 (will continue to monitor and may raise it more).

Block in the Back -1 to 52

I tried Holding +1 in my last game, and it went nuts even going up just one point. If penalties are too low, we can try increasing holding and hope that maybe it was just a bad game.

What are folks seeing as far as INTs? I'm getting good passes defended stats, but my D seems to not have many INTs. My secondary also isn't great, just above average I'd say. Nothing out of line with league stats, as I'm not last in INTs through 4 weeks.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #354
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

I've also now increased User Interceptions +5 to 30 as my team is the only one through 4 games without an INT.

I'm going to try Fatigue -2 to 58 as well. A few too many subs are happening in the 4th quarter.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #355
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the base settings, but had to make some changes for my play style. Still tweeking, but I have a couple of games recorded. Some really good games.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebaron45/profile
Old 01-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #356
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
For my own curiosity, what's your record, and how has player confidence been? A lot of people here seem to be freaking out about it, but most teams seem to hover around similar confidence levels, so it balances out.

I would agree about adjust block in the back and holding to get more of a mix. Defensive PI seems good to me though; if anything, could be slightly increased to reflect today's true NFL! Also, I'd say I use a "hard count" about 50-60% of the my offensive snaps. Especially on third and longs, and third and shorts.

I completely forgot about retired numbers. I did change a late draft pick out of jersey #20 at least...

Add me on PSN: MikeLowe47
My record is 4-3 through week 8 (one bye week). Most games have been close, winning by a whisker against Miami and Jacksonville. I also got a win against New England when Brady was knocked out for almost the whole game. Confidence is such that most players are either even or +1 from their base overalls.

My rush defense has been quite solid, but my pass defense is ranked 26th despite playing one fewer game than several teams. At times it just seems like we can't stop anything in the air. I do have 5 INTs, though, which is middle of the pack. I lost Jerry Hughes for several weeks, though, which I'm sure had an impact.

Offensively, we are middle of the pack. I've been a pass first offense in the west coast style. On the ground I usually run man/power schemes, but I sprinkle in some zone runs here and there too. My passing offense has been well ahead of my rushing offense, but I did lose McCoy for four games which didn't help.

My completely feelz-ball impression is that the challenge is about right on offense. On defense I think perhaps pass D is too difficult and run D is possibly too easy. However, the D-line is clearly the strength of my D, with my weaknesses at linebacker and, to a lesser extent, safety, so it may just be my team. Also, I almost always user the MLB, and I'm pretty good at playing the run but I'm totally lost on pass plays, so it may just be an artifact of my own personal skill set.

I'll have to start remembering to use the hard count, I guess, if only to balance out the offside penalties.

I'm on X-Box One, so no PSN I'm afraid.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #357
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffArm
My record is 4-3 through week 8 (one bye week). Most games have been close, winning by a whisker against Miami and Jacksonville. I also got a win against New England when Brady was knocked out for almost the whole game. Confidence is such that most players are either even or +1 from their base overalls.

My rush defense has been quite solid, but my pass defense is ranked 26th despite playing one fewer game than several teams. At times it just seems like we can't stop anything in the air. I do have 5 INTs, though, which is middle of the pack. I lost Jerry Hughes for several weeks, though, which I'm sure had an impact.

Offensively, we are middle of the pack. I've been a pass first offense in the west coast style. On the ground I usually run man/power schemes, but I sprinkle in some zone runs here and there too. My passing offense has been well ahead of my rushing offense, but I did lose McCoy for four games which didn't help.

My completely feelz-ball impression is that the challenge is about right on offense. On defense I think perhaps pass D is too difficult and run D is possibly too easy. However, the D-line is clearly the strength of my D, with my weaknesses at linebacker and, to a lesser extent, safety, so it may just be my team. Also, I almost always user the MLB, and I'm pretty good at playing the run but I'm totally lost on pass plays, so it may just be an artifact of my own personal skill set.

I'll have to start remembering to use the hard count, I guess, if only to balance out the offside penalties.

I'm on X-Box One, so no PSN I'm afraid.
The adjustments I've been making lately are to make the AI run offense more efficient. I'm fairly certain that the run blocking slider also impacts what used to be the "RB Ability" slider as you'll see RBs take on a completely different ability level when increasing that slider. Again, not confirmed, and I'm not a slider conspirator whatsoever, but it seems legit.

I'm also starting to think that the QB AWR rating has something to do with the defense's success on an INT attempt. Stafford made the Pro Bowl for me last year, while Sanders has struggled some with the turnovers. Now, as of Week 4 2016, their awareness ratings are 82 and 74, respectively, so perhaps that's not as big of an issue as I first thought.

As for my defense, we finished 2015 probably around 29th or so in pass defense. This year we're 6th in the league in pass defense with a slightly better secondary. I've been run on too, but I agree with most that this should increase (hence the latest changes). Ultimately, I want to ensure that the user OL don't start going nuts with their pancake stats too, but I think a happy medium is definitely possible.

As for your own pass defense, especially playing MLB, I'd recommend two things:
1) Know your players' ratings in man coverage vs zone coverage and call plays accordingly.
2) Try and play more zone with your MLB especially, or M2M in formations that will likely only having him cover a RB and not a TE or WR.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #358
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

I forgot to mention a few days ago...Lions lost their Week 4 matchup @ Titans 28-14. There was only about 500 total yards of offense for both teams combined this entire game. Lions turned the ball over twice. Both teams come out of Week 4 with a 3-1 record.

QB Marcus Mariota: 14-25 (56%), 211 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, sacked 2
QB Eric Sanders: 25-44 (56%), 272 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, sacked 7

Stafford is back for Week 5 against Washington and the #1 overall pick, WR Malik Blake.

I'll be streaming our Week 5 game shortly...
Old 01-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #359
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

Lions quietly smash Washington 37-7. It was closer than the score indicates, but the Lions really showed the differences between a 4-1 team and a 1-4 team.

Calvin earns potw honors having perhaps his best career game: 8 REC, 233 yards (29.9 AVG), 3 TDs. He truly had some beautiful catches if you have the chance to watch the replay.

Darius Slay had 3 INTs. (Not potw)

Lions (4-1) Team Offense Rankings:
12th overall
11th pass
21st run
6th points scored

Lions Team Defensive Rankings:
4th overall
5th pass
7th run
15th points scored
13th sacks
22nd INTs (all 3 last game)
27th fumbles recovered
4th most penalties against
8th most penalties yardage

Still making adjustments to those previous slider changes, but narrowing it down now:

User INT to 28
AI Run Blocking to 55
Fatigue back to where it was at 60

Adjusted a few auto subs too. RBs may just need to be handled manually on a situational basis.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 0

Playing Texans

Week 1 vs Chiefs Won 17-9 held their rush off to 46 yards. Charles got injured in the 2nd.

Week 2 at Panthers lost 24-21

Week 3 vs Bucs won 22-20

Week 4 at Falcons won 22-21

Week 5 vs Colts lost 31-28. Colts came back from a 14 point deficit in the 4th with a pick 6 and a td drive.

Week 6 at Jaguars lost 30-20

Week 7 at Dolphins lost 23-17. 9 Turnovers between both teams.

Week 8 vs Titans won 28-7

Week 9 bye

Week 10 at Bengals lost 36-30. OT loss, 3rd and long Dalton finds AJ Green who takes it for 81 yards.

Week 11 vs Jets won 22-7

Week 12 vs Saints won 31-0

Week 13 at Bills won 23-14. Bills using 3rd string QB due to injuries. S. Watkins also out.

Week 14 vs Patriots won 31-21. Texans had 209 yards rushing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »