Home

Some observations on QB accuracy

This is a discussion on Some observations on QB accuracy within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Some observations on QB accuracy

So I've tried a few of the sliders on the board here and looked around the threads and I'm starting to notice something lately I haven't seen talked about.

I decided for now just to run a franchise with all pro sliders and see how many single season records I can break with my Steelers, and after a few games I'm starting to feel like QB accuracy is more about pressure than anything else. Throws to the sideline are much more likely to miss entirely, and receivers seem much more likely to drop a pass.

I don't know if that's going to do anyone good but its something to consider when trying to figure out how to directly influence QB completion %
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Some observations on QB accuracy

Ea has never got this right IMO

There are QB's on college and pro level that throw a few errant or off target passes even without pressure in their face.

Madden has never been able to replicate this type of randomness without us going to extreme measures with the sliders.

Believe it or not you can still make quite a few accurate throws even with qba at 0 and if you raise the wr catch slider it boost up your comp percentage even at 0 qba which makes me believe catching is the biggest influence on accuracy not the passing slider

Higher catching warps wrs to the ball so no pases will appear to be off target that much

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Does anyone know what the actual impact of the accuracy slider is? Does it make the QB randomly miss more or does it increase the impact of pressure / distance on inaccuracy percentage?

The reason is I'm working with a slider set (using joshc as a base for testing) to try and increase fluidity and pressure generated by the DL (esp. making 4 man rush stress the QB an appropriate amount), and when I get consistent pressure the QB seems to lose his ish, throws dump offs constantly / missing a ton and does not look downfield the way we know the CPU *can* do.

Wondering if I have a set that gives alot of pressure, is moving the CPU QB up, e.g. to 75 etc (would have to test the magnitude of effect) a viable solution for getting the CPU to look downfield a bit even in the teeth of the pass rush ?
Old 08-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Does anyone know what the actual impact of the accuracy slider is? Does it make the QB randomly miss more or does it increase the impact of pressure / distance on inaccuracy percentage?

The reason is I'm working with a slider set (using joshc as a base for testing) to try and increase fluidity and pressure generated by the DL (esp. making 4 man rush stress the QB an appropriate amount), and when I get consistent pressure the QB seems to lose his ish, throws dump offs constantly / missing a ton and does not look downfield the way we know the CPU *can* do.

Wondering if I have a set that gives alot of pressure, is moving the CPU QB up, e.g. to 75 etc (would have to test the magnitude of effect) a viable solution for getting the CPU to look downfield a bit even in the teeth of the pass rush ?

I think you are correct. Low accuracy makes the qb a dinker. Instead Of Having A Lower COMPLETION PERCENTAGE He Just Throws ShORT passes, esecIALLY If He Has Low Deep accuracy. Would love to see some testing at 75 with average yards per completion comparisons.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I think you are correct. Low accuracy makes the qb a dinker. Instead Of Having A Lower COMPLETION PERCENTAGE He Just Throws ShORT passes, esecIALLY If He Has Low Deep accuracy. Would love to see some testing at 75 with average yards per completion comparisons.
Well I'm gonna try this now , won't be scientific as it's just one game but want to see if any big difference.

Www.twitch.tv/apocrylle if anyone is interested
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Well I'm gonna try this now , won't be scientific as it's just one game but want to see if any big difference.

Www.twitch.tv/apocrylle if anyone is interested
Great. Check the accuracy of the qb, short, medium and deep. I think there may be a number on their accuracy that once the slider goes to low makes them know those passes will not work.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Great. Check the accuracy of the qb, short, medium and deep. I think there may be a number on their accuracy that once the slider goes to low makes them know those passes will not work.
Unfortunately it was Colt McCoy... I had a big early lead so was in prevent-style defense - he did finish with 315 yards on 50 attempts (70 pct or so completioin) but alot of that was the flat or underneath stuff I was giving away for free +YAC on a few.

That was CPU QB accuracy 75. I will try another game tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #8
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Check out my sliders for realistic qb accuracy. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=887969

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »