Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders - Page 181 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2015, 11:10 PM   #1441
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
How is the accuracy feeling for you at 3? I would like it at 4 or 5 but the CPUs pass defense starts playing soft and won't jump routes like they do with the accuracy at 3. Crazy difference trust me I tried raising the accuracy a few times. Accuracy at 3 gives you the best CPU pass defense. I also tried lowering the CPUs INTs to 85. The pass defense played okay but for some reason there run defense became soft. EA needs to tighten up with the sliders. I hate when I tweak something and it breaks another area. Smh.
I'm doing okay with it at 3 this season. While I'm using an elite QB that is lol.

Most of my frustration comes from defenders standing in front of my Wrs on routes while the ball is in the air.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2015, 04:10 AM   #1442
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hi Jarodd and others,

Here is my personal experience with a half season of games in my Rams CF. This is not a knock on Jarodds hard work but should be seen as constructive feedback and a plea for help as well.
I am on the blue set.

Offense:
I feel that offense is near perfect. Loving all aspects. Hard to run. You need to know your check down guy. My only small problem is perhaps too good AI defenders when it comes to catching interceptions. I have seen some crazy catches by AI LBers (but nothing new here from previous madden versions). Sometimes I feel like my receivers drop wide open passes and gets the ball knocked out too easily but I roll with the rams so my receivers suck.

Defense:
AI running is pretty perfect. There might be the odd 5 broken tackles on a single run every now and then. But if this is what it takes to get a good AI run game then all is well.

AI passing is my biggest problem. I am seeing AI completion percentage above 80% (probably close to 90%) and this is for backup QBs, elite QBs and the average joe QB.

Too much times in the pocket always leaves a receiver wide open.

I dont know if it is the pass rush. Jarodd keeps turning AI blocking up in his tweaks due to too much pressure. I am just not seeing it and I have one of the best D lines in the league (all 85+ guys). On AI play action plays I sometimes see my pass rushers turning their back to the QB before he releases the ball and they would have had a shot a hitting him as he releases.

I have recently tried using show blitz" when blitzing and it looks like my defenders gets off the ball more quickly and generates a bit more pressure.

AI wide receivers almost never drops a pass even if they are hit hard (I hit stick a lot. Could be that I need to learn to hit PS4 X when the pass is caught)

AI wide receivers (FBs, TEs, 4th stringers etc) are all able to make tip toe sideline passes constantly and all QB can make the throws that enable these catches.

3rd down conversions by the AI is almost automatic as they will most likly pass on 3rd down and with completion rates above 80% the 3rd down conversion is just too high.

I never control the D line. Is that the reason? are the sliders tweaked to limit overpowering human controlled pass rush?

I have yet to see the AI miss a FG. I have been thinking to "super sim" both human and AI FGs to get some randomness in the kicking game.

Overall I am really liking the sliders but I am quite frustrated with the AI passing game and it is ruining my experience.

Some of the above may be due to lack of skills on my end, obviously. Therefore, I would really appreciate any feedback especially on the pass defense.

I hope Jarodd and others could provide some feedback to my observations.

Again, thanks for taking the time Jarodd to share your sliders and for keeping in contact.

Last edited by lujer; 12-09-2015 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #1443
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Hi Jarodd and others,

Here is my personal experience with a half season of games in my Rams CF. This is not a knock on Jarodds hard work but should be seen as constructive feedback and a plea for help as well.
I am on the blue set.

Offense:
I feel that offense is near perfect. Loving all aspects. Hard to run. You need to know your check down guy. My only small problem is perhaps too good AI defenders when it comes to catching interceptions. I have seen some crazy catches by AI LBers (but nothing new here from previous madden versions). Sometimes I feel like my receivers drop wide open passes and gets the ball knocked out too easily but I roll with the rams so my receivers suck.

Defense:
AI running is pretty perfect. There might be the odd 5 broken tackles on a single run every now and then. But if this is what it takes to get a good AI run game then all is well.

AI passing is my biggest problem. I am seeing AI completion percentage above 80% (probably close to 90%) and this is for backup QBs, elite QBs and the average joe QB.

I dont know if it is the pass rush. Jarodd keeps turning AI blocking up in his tweaks due to too much pressure. I am just not seeing it and I have one of the best D lines in the league (all 85+ guys). On AI play action plays I sometimes see my pass rushers turning their back to the QB before he releases the ball and they would have had a shot a hitting him as he releases.

I have recently tried using show blitz" when blitzing and it looks like my defenders gets off the ball more quickly and generates a bit more pressure.

AI wide receivers almost never drops a pass even if they are hit hard (I hit stick a lot. Could be that I need to learn to hit PS4 X when the pass is caught)

AI wide receivers (FBs, TEs, 4th stringers etc) are all able to make tip toe sideline passes constantly and all QB can make the throws that enable these catches.

3rd down conversions by the AI is almost automatic as they will most likly pass on 3rd down and with completion rates above 80% the 3rd down conversion is just too high.

I never control the D line. Is that the reason? are the sliders tweaked to limit overpowering human controlled pass rush?

I have yet to see the AI miss a FG. I have been thinking to "super sim" both human and AI FGs to get some randomness in the kicking game.

Overall I am really liking the sliders but I am quite frustrated with the AI passing game and it is ruining my experience.

Some of the above may be due to lack of skills on my end, obviously. Therefore, I would really appreciate any feedback especially on the pass defense.

Again, thanks for taking the time Jarodd to share your sliders and for keeping in contact.
Just lower the CPUs accuracy and catching to the red set and maybe drop there passblocking somewhere in between then green and red set. That should give plenty of pressure and sacks.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #1444
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Just lower the CPUs accuracy and catching to the red set and maybe drop there passblocking somewhere in between then green and red set. That should give plenty of pressure and sacks.
Yeah, I could to that but I feel like that would be cheating the AI :-) If I use the red set I find my offense too overpowering.

I was more interested in understanding how you and others are stopping the pass. The rams have so-so corners. The first 3 guys are around 80 ovr.

Is there any strategies I need to use. I tried last night to use the "shade underneath" and had some success.

How are you guys stopping the pass?
Old 12-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #1445
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I could to that but I feel like that would be cheating the AI :-) If I use the red set I find my offense too overpowering.

I was more interested in understanding how you and others are stopping the pass. The rams have so-so corners. The first 3 guys are around 80 ovr.

Is there any strategies I need to use. I tried last night to use the "shade underneath" and had some success.

How are you guys stopping the pass?
I've used the rams for a CFM with the black set, so I completely understand your frustration!

My biggest success with the team came from pounding the rock with Gurley and Mason. A true one-two punch, in year two and beyond when I revamped the O line. Also I didn't want to, but I kept Tavon at returner. He is a play maker with the threshold so low. Oh and Kendricks and Cooks are mismatches.

As for the defense. DEFINITELY user rush on key downs. Before the play check which player has red pass blocking and go to work on him.

If your in year one still, I'd suggest going through one off-season before making any drastic slider changes. The rams have a good roster, they just need play makers defensively and a few O-Line spots. And good luck trying to keep Donald, Fairley, and Quinn together. I had to drop some heavy dough to keep them all.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #1446
Rookie

Jarrod,

Searched the thread for h2h and nothing came up so forgive me if my question has been asked already.

I run a very serious and competitive 16 team CFM and the majority of our guys are really really strong players. I'm going to be implementing your full black set this season to crank up the difficulty as much as possible.

My question is this, how do these sliders effect H2H play in a CFM? Are both teams acting under the human side of the sliders? If so would this not be a jarring experience/adjustment for both humans compared to their games against the CPU?

IE - Against a CPU we're throwing into a pass coverage at 100, but against a fellow human his pass coverage is a 40 so it seems like it would be much easier to have a field day for the offenses and frustrating as hell to have a weaker defense against humans.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #1447
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratwickBills
Jarrod,

Searched the thread for h2h and nothing came up so forgive me if my question has been asked already.

I run a very serious and competitive 16 team CFM and the majority of our guys are really really strong players. I'm going to be implementing your full black set this season to crank up the difficulty as much as possible.

My question is this, how do these sliders effect H2H play in a CFM? Are both teams acting under the human side of the sliders? If so would this not be a jarring experience/adjustment for both humans compared to their games against the CPU?

IE - Against a CPU we're throwing into a pass coverage at 100, but against a fellow human his pass coverage is a 40 so it seems like it would be much easier to have a field day for the offenses and frustrating as hell to have a weaker defense against humans.
No against a human it should still be tough because of where I have the USER accuracy at.. I haven't tried the sliders in in H2H matchups but I think it should be tougher then default All-Madden with how I have it setup. Look out for a few new tweaks I might be dropping tonight.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #1448
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Hi Jarodd and others,

I am on the blue set.

Offense:

Defense:

The new tweaks I'm going to drop should help out the USER coverage some..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »