Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #1513
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Hey Jarodd, what would be the down side of adjusting the player speed threshold up some? I play cooperatively with 2 other people and we have a 96 speed WR which is user controlled by one of us. We have used that WR very unrealistically from time to time against the defense on pretty much any man or cover 3 coverage. Any time it's 1 on 1 down the sideline the WR usually has atleast +4 in speed on the defender (sometimes more like +12) and winds up wide open by 5 to even 20 yards simply due to the speed mismatch. That receiver had one game with 8 catches 285 yards and 6 TDs. All on a slightly edited version of the blue slider set.

We can obviously just control ourselves and not exploit it, but that fact that it is always an easy option kindof takes away from the intensity of a close game because we know we can always just throw that deep play for a TD if needed.
Yeah that's why I did my own Rosters to balance that out. I don't know why EA messed up the speed from years past. Now if you get a few players with that kind of speed its way too easy to exploit. I just raised all the players speed back to where it was on Madden 15 and it helped a lot. You might have to adjust the threshold to balance that out. It shouldn't mess with the gameplay of the sliders. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #1514
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo12308
Hey Jarodd, what would be the down side of adjusting the player speed threshold up some? I play cooperatively with 2 other people and we have a 96 speed WR which is user controlled by one of us. We have used that WR very unrealistically from time to time against the defense on pretty much any man or cover 3 coverage. Any time it's 1 on 1 down the sideline the WR usually has atleast +4 in speed on the defender (sometimes more like +12) and winds up wide open by 5 to even 20 yards simply due to the speed mismatch. That receiver had one game with 8 catches 285 yards and 6 TDs. All on a slightly edited version of the blue slider set.

We can obviously just control ourselves and not exploit it, but that fact that it is always an easy option kindof takes away from the intensity of a close game because we know we can always just throw that deep play for a TD if needed.
In a league with friends, we bumped up it up to 20 and it did not impact the sliders drastically.
We had the same issue were a guy using Perriman would just hot route streaks in press. He had 5 rec 3+ TD for 240 yards or something ridiculous.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #1515
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
In a league with friends, we bumped up it up to 20 and it did not impact the sliders drastically.
We had the same issue were a guy using Perriman would just hot route streaks in press. He had 5 rec 3+ TD for 240 yards or something ridiculous.

Have you raised the USER reaction and pass coverage back to 55 yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #1516
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Have you raised the USER reaction and pass coverage back to 55 yet?
Not yet. I just saw the updates today.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #1517
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Played a game last night with the 12/28 updates. The first game was with against the Jets and it was a 15 point comeback to make it into OT and a field goal for the win. My defense played their butts off. Despite offense not scoring and turning over the ball, defense kept us in the game. They had a good run D, but I took advantage of my TE and slot WR mismatch.

New York Jets at San Diego Chargers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
New York Jets ()13097029
San Diego Chargers ()70715332
Team Stats Comparison
NYJSDG
Total Offense410570
Rushing Yards20085
Passing Yards210485
First Downs1924
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards
Turnovers
3rd Down Converstion
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties
Posession Time
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB30/5049346
San Diego Chargers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB17/3321001

The Jets had a back up QB this game and he choked hard in OT. Eric Weddle came up with a CPU pick (I didn't think he'd attempt the INT).

So we comeback to win against the Jets and are at home again to play the Raiders. This game was like night and day comepared to the Jets. NOTHING, NOTHING went my way. WRs were getting horrible animations on catches, QB was over throwing open WRS, WRs even dropping key passes, and the O line was not maintaing their blocks on run plays.

We lost 36-10.
We passed 10 completions 32 attempts 96 yards 1 TD and 1 INT
72 rushing yards

CPU passed for 310 yards. 25 of 28 1 TD and 1 INT
Rushed for 213 yards.

IT was depressing. The in-game commentator even said something like "This team played a great game last week, but they look exhausted this game"
Old 01-01-2016, 04:55 AM   #1518
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

Went to go hop on my franchise yesterday and i no longer have gold on xbox and my franchise is one of the cloud so it wont let me play which is stupid, debating whether to start a new one or spend money to buy an online membership im probably just going to start a new franchise :/
Old 01-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #1519
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

chceck that its working again
Old 01-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #1520
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Played a game last night with the 12/28 updates. The first game was with against the Jets and it was a 15 point comeback to make it into OT and a field goal for the win. My defense played their butts off. Despite offense not scoring and turning over the ball, defense kept us in the game. They had a good run D, but I took advantage of my TE and slot WR mismatch.

New York Jets at San Diego Chargers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
New York Jets ()13097029
San Diego Chargers ()70715332
Team Stats Comparison
NYJSDG
Total Offense410570
Rushing Yards20085
Passing Yards210485
First Downs1924
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards
Turnovers
3rd Down Converstion
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties
Posession Time
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB30/5049346
San Diego Chargers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB17/3321001

The Jets had a back up QB this game and he choked hard in OT. Eric Weddle came up with a CPU pick (I didn't think he'd attempt the INT).

So we comeback to win against the Jets and are at home again to play the Raiders. This game was like night and day comepared to the Jets. NOTHING, NOTHING went my way. WRs were getting horrible animations on catches, QB was over throwing open WRS, WRs even dropping key passes, and the O line was not maintaing their blocks on run plays.

We lost 36-10.
We passed 10 completions 32 attempts 96 yards 1 TD and 1 INT
72 rushing yards

CPU passed for 310 yards. 25 of 28 1 TD and 1 INT
Rushed for 213 yards.

IT was depressing. The in-game commentator even said something like "This team played a great game last week, but they look exhausted this game"
After playing a few more games I'm not fully satisfied with those changes anymore. Passing stats have been kind of crazy in my games and the games where I watch my friends play.. It was competitive games still but scores were way too high for my taste because of the passing.. Testing out USER accuracy 4, USER pass reaction 40, USER pass coverage 40, and CPUs accuracy 55 for the black set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »