Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders - Page 196 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #1561
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

[quote=lujer;2047940512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
You can download a user created playbook from the EA file share or whatever it's called to the far right on the main menu.

Then under the manage playbooks you can edit or create a playbook. If you chose edit you should see all the NFL teams and downloaded/custom playbooks.

Once in a playbook , in your case, you'd want to explore the rate plays option, I think it's X/Square.

I'm at work so it's all kinda from memory haha.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Ah great. Perhaps if I tell you what I was hoping to be able to do.

Basically I want madden to choose a bunch of random plays for me (suggestions). I then choose they play I like for the down and distance.

Or should I manually browse through all my plays and select a bunch for each of the downs and distance specified in the custom playbook? This seems like tedious work.

I am not looking to copy one guys playbook. It has to be the ram playbook (house rule).
I see. With your House rule, in my opinion, it'll be better to take about 30 mins to set up the type of plays you'd like to run based on down and distance. For example, You can gameplan another 20 plays in the Rams playbook to be used when you are in a two minute warning scenario. Or add a larger variety of run plays to be used on first down.

You won't have to explore the whole playbook in game, but you can game plan more deep pass plays other than four verts
Old 01-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #1562
Rookie

Wow, I thought everyone for the most part always picked their plays the way I do, by picking which formation I want and then which play to run. Interesting to see other people do it differently!

Jarodd, I finally have my CFM set up to start playing actual games. I haven't had a lot of time to play and it takes forever to do the positional drill game prep throughout the preseason. I played a half during my lunch break at work just for kicks and giggles but I want a bigger sample size before giving any sort of "analysis" for how the games went.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #1563
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=Datninja619;2047940575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer

I see. With your House rule, in my opinion, it'll be better to take about 30 mins to set up the type of plays you'd like to run based on down and distance. For example, You can gameplan another 20 plays in the Rams playbook to be used when you are in a two minute warning scenario. Or add a larger variety of run plays to be used on first down.

You won't have to explore the whole playbook in game, but you can game plan more deep pass plays other than four verts
ok, cool. I guess I will have to do that. Browsing through formations and plays never had any appeal to me. I guess it goes back to the old days when I dominated in madden and had to restrict my self. Therefor I used the "ask madden" feature to limit the plays I could call.

One problem with setting up your own plays/playbook is that you tend to stack it with plays that work better than others, right?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #1564
Rookie

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (8-3)0772135
Green Bay Packers (10-1)141331040
Team Stats Comparison
MINGNB
Total Offense435549
Rushing Yards143143
Passing Yards292406
First Downs1720
Punt Return Yards027
Kick Return Yards18625
Total Yards621601
Turnovers41
3rd Down Converstion
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties2-154-25
Posession Time25:5534:05
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Rodgers (GB)30/4242240
T. Bridgewater (MIN)21/3729934
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
E. Lacy (GB)181025.60
A. Rodgers (GB)44611.50
S. Ridley (GB)2-5-2.50
A. Peterson (MIN)201145.72
D. McFadden (MIN)6305.00
Z. Rosemond (MIN, drafted RB)1110
T. Bridgewater1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Nelson (GB)714320.41
R. Cobb (GB)711616.51
D. Adams (GB)45513.70
E. Lacy (GB)3155.01
T. Montgomery (GB)34816.00
D. McFadden (MIN)511322.61
M. Jones (MIN)4276.70
K. Rudolph (MIN)34615.30
C. Johnson (MIN)23316.50
A. Peterson, G. Harper (MIN) combined3268.71
Green Bay Packers

Used the green set, Teddy threw 3 INTs early on in the game, Rodgers capitalized on each one. Mostly my fault, I threw into double coverage and wouldn't notice til after throwing. McFadden had 2 dump offs that he broke for large gains, 1 for a TD, the other going to the 3. We didn't get going until the 2nd half, and mostly until the 4th, but by then, GB had put us away. The turnover we got came off a punt return caused by Greenway. Mostly just bad playcalls on my part, I'm not very good on defense, though we did step it up in the 2nd half because I started blitzing a lot more.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #1565
Rookie

So I played a few games last night purely with your black set. I played the same game (SF v MIN) multiple times just to make sure I was getting consistent results. A few observations:

1 - First off, it's too hard for me lol. Last year I had to take your black set and make it even harder to give me a challenge in Madden 15. This year, major kudos to whoever can consistently beat the CPU with Jarodd's black set.

2 - Going off #1, Carlos Hyde averaged under 1 yard per carry over the set of 3 games I played. With run blocking at 0 as it shows in the OP, the Vikings defenders were routinely in my backfield before Hyde even got the ball. A few other times it didn't even give me time to give the handoff. I don't know if anyone else has had success with these settings, but I'd be really curious to know how you ran the ball haha.

3 - Passing-wise, Kaepernick had one out of the three games over 40% completion. The other two he was under 33%. However, a lot of this was due to large amounts of drops. One game we had 15.

4 - On defense, their air attack wasn't too out of line for me. 300-400 yards passing, but pass defense is typically my weakness while playing defense so I wasn't too upset about it. However, while I understand I was playing Adrian Peterson, he broke the yardage record twice out of the three games. Typically when I play, a running back will get one or two big runs to pad their stats because I misuse my safety and they cut it back, but I shut down the run game the rest of the time. With this set, Peterson probably had 3-4 big runs per game, and also got 6-7 yards on a usual basis.

3 games still isn't a huge sample size, and there are undoubtedly better Madden players than myself who maybe can use the black set. But I do consider myself a very good player against the CPU usually, and this set destroyed me haha.

After that, I used the blue set for a game. Still had an absurd amount of drops, and I had like 10 sacks on defense. So I'm going to make the trade of upping my catching slider to 50, while giving the CPU pass blocking a 10 point boost as well. That seems fair in my mind. I think I'm going to take that set and finally, FINALLY start my "for real" franchise. I've started over multiple times because I like everything uniform. I don't like playing 8 games and then a patch drops so it changes the gameplay. I don't like getting 6 games into the season and then realizing it's too easy so I just change the sliders mid season. I want everything to be the same throughout the course of my franchise, and I think I have the slider set I want to use for it. No 32 team, default roster as the 49ers. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #1566
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont knew what it is, but these sliders are just unplayable for me. WAY too difficult. Back on last gen id use your green set and win pretty regularly, so I was probably best off with your red or blue set. Now... Just played a bit over a quarter of Texans @ Bengals (me). It just got soo out of hand I quit. Two straight passes by McCarron were picked, Hoyer COULD NOT MISS, and before you know it I was down 30-0, and actually I dont think I got through a quarter. This is the first time Ive used your set this year and in years past i was fine. I just dont know what it is this year..

Brewers/Bucks/Bears/Blackhawks/Badgers/Bayern
http://i.imgur.com/VCklOeM.png
Old 01-09-2016, 05:07 AM   #1567
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
So I played a few games last night purely with your black set. I played the same game (SF v MIN) multiple times just to make sure I was getting consistent results. A few observations:

4 - On defense, their air attack wasn't too out of line for me. 300-400 yards passing, but pass defense is typically my weakness while playing defense so I wasn't too upset about it. However, while I understand I was playing Adrian Peterson, he broke the yardage record twice out of the three games. Typically when I play, a running back will get one or two big runs to pad their stats because I misuse my safety and they cut it back, but I shut down the run game the rest of the time. With this set, Peterson probably had 3-4 big runs per game, and also got 6-7 yards on a usual basis.

After that, I used the blue set for a game. Still had an absurd amount of drops, and I had like 10 sacks on defense. So I'm going to make the trade of upping my catching slider to 50, while giving the CPU pass blocking a 10 point boost as well. That seems fair in my mind. I think I'm going to take that set and finally, FINALLY start my "for real" franchise. I've started over multiple times because I like everything uniform. I don't like playing 8 games and then a patch drops so it changes the gameplay. I don't like getting 6 games into the season and then realizing it's too easy so I just change the sliders mid season. I want everything to be the same throughout the course of my franchise, and I think I have the slider set I want to use for it. No 32 team, default roster as the 49ers. Should be a lot of fun.
Did you get 10 sacks by controlling the d linemen yourself? The reason I ask is because I do not see enough pressure on the blue set (or black for that matter), and I never control d linemen myself. I use a safety.

I feel lack of d line pressure is the one thing I need to adjust to get a perfect set of sliders.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:12 AM   #1568
Rookie

[quote=Datninja619;2047940575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer

Another playbook question if you guys don't mind (I hope I am not derailing this thread).

So my plan now is to rank all plays in the playbook. By ranking I mean giving stars for the different down and distance and other situations. My thinking is that by ranking these plays they should show up more under "suggestions" when I call plays during the game. Is that true? Or will it be under strategy? And what is the difference between "suggestions" and "strategy"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »