Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders - Page 197 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #1569
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Ah great. Perhaps if I tell you what I was hoping to be able to do.

Basically I want madden to choose a bunch of random plays for me (suggestions). I then choose they play I like for the down and distance.

Or should I manually browse through all my plays and select a bunch for each of the downs and distance specified in the custom playbook? This seems like tedious work.

I am not looking to copy one guys playbook. It has to be the ram playbook (house rule).
Have you started putting your Custom playbook together yet? It's really the best thing you can do to add variety to your suggestions and stuff. You can also add a bunch of other plays from other formations to your Custom Ram playbook. It's a little time consuming but I can't even play the game without my own Custom playbook. There's just too many plays and formations I like to use.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #1570
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

[quote=lujer;2047941286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619

ok, cool. I guess I will have to do that. Browsing through formations and plays never had any appeal to me. I guess it goes back to the old days when I dominated in madden and had to restrict my self. Therefor I used the "ask madden" feature to limit the plays I could call.

One problem with setting up your own plays/playbook is that you tend to stack it with plays that work better than others, right?
Well if you rate all your plays in your playbook for certain situation you like for them to be called you'll get variety..
Old 01-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #1571
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandoe
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (8-3)0772135
Green Bay Packers (10-1)141331040
Team Stats Comparison
MINGNB
Total Offense435549
Rushing Yards143143
Passing Yards292406
First Downs1720
Punt Return Yards027
Kick Return Yards18625
Total Yards621601
Turnovers41
3rd Down Converstion
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties2-154-25
Posession Time25:5534:05
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Rodgers (GB)30/4242240
T. Bridgewater (MIN)21/3729934
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
E. Lacy (GB)181025.60
A. Rodgers (GB)44611.50
S. Ridley (GB)2-5-2.50
A. Peterson (MIN)201145.72
D. McFadden (MIN)6305.00
Z. Rosemond (MIN, drafted RB)1110
T. Bridgewater1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Nelson (GB)714320.41
R. Cobb (GB)711616.51
D. Adams (GB)45513.70
E. Lacy (GB)3155.01
T. Montgomery (GB)34816.00
D. McFadden (MIN)511322.61
M. Jones (MIN)4276.70
K. Rudolph (MIN)34615.30
C. Johnson (MIN)23316.50
A. Peterson, G. Harper (MIN) combined3268.71
Green Bay Packers

Used the green set, Teddy threw 3 INTs early on in the game, Rodgers capitalized on each one. Mostly my fault, I threw into double coverage and wouldn't notice til after throwing. McFadden had 2 dump offs that he broke for large gains, 1 for a TD, the other going to the 3. We didn't get going until the 2nd half, and mostly until the 4th, but by then, GB had put us away. The turnover we got came off a punt return caused by Greenway. Mostly just bad playcalls on my part, I'm not very good on defense, though we did step it up in the 2nd half because I started blitzing a lot more.
Yeah it looks like you definitely would have won that game if it wasn't for the turnovers. Have you played anymore games?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #1572
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
So I played a few games last night purely with your black set. I played the same game (SF v MIN) multiple times just to make sure I was getting consistent results. A few observations:

1 - First off, it's too hard for me lol. Last year I had to take your black set and make it even harder to give me a challenge in Madden 15. This year, major kudos to whoever can consistently beat the CPU with Jarodd's black set.

2 - Going off #1, Carlos Hyde averaged under 1 yard per carry over the set of 3 games I played. With run blocking at 0 as it shows in the OP, the Vikings defenders were routinely in my backfield before Hyde even got the ball. A few other times it didn't even give me time to give the handoff. I don't know if anyone else has had success with these settings, but I'd be really curious to know how you ran the ball haha.

3 - Passing-wise, Kaepernick had one out of the three games over 40% completion. The other two he was under 33%. However, a lot of this was due to large amounts of drops. One game we had 15.

4 - On defense, their air attack wasn't too out of line for me. 300-400 yards passing, but pass defense is typically my weakness while playing defense so I wasn't too upset about it. However, while I understand I was playing Adrian Peterson, he broke the yardage record twice out of the three games. Typically when I play, a running back will get one or two big runs to pad their stats because I misuse my safety and they cut it back, but I shut down the run game the rest of the time. With this set, Peterson probably had 3-4 big runs per game, and also got 6-7 yards on a usual basis.

3 games still isn't a huge sample size, and there are undoubtedly better Madden players than myself who maybe can use the black set. But I do consider myself a very good player against the CPU usually, and this set destroyed me haha.

After that, I used the blue set for a game. Still had an absurd amount of drops, and I had like 10 sacks on defense. So I'm going to make the trade of upping my catching slider to 50, while giving the CPU pass blocking a 10 point boost as well. That seems fair in my mind. I think I'm going to take that set and finally, FINALLY start my "for real" franchise. I've started over multiple times because I like everything uniform. I don't like playing 8 games and then a patch drops so it changes the gameplay. I don't like getting 6 games into the season and then realizing it's too easy so I just change the sliders mid season. I want everything to be the same throughout the course of my franchise, and I think I have the slider set I want to use for it. No 32 team, default roster as the 49ers. Should be a lot of fun.
Yeah if you definitely have to work your way up to the black set if you haven't been keeping up with it all year. There's no way you can jump straight into the black set. It took months for the black set to develop where they are at right now so the red or the blue set would definitely be a better spot for you to start with and work your way up if they become too easy..

That's crazy your guys were dropping passes like that. That doesn't happen to me like that. I'm guessing you have a few low rated guys and you are forcing passes into traffic with them. I don't think you needed to go too high with the USER catching slider. 45 would have been okay(I'll never go above 40). Your passing might become too easy by moving the catching to 50. The catching slider is very sensitive and you'll notice your players getting a lot of seperation and coming down with way too many spectacular catches with the catching slider that high. CPUs coverage becomes weak too.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #1573
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
I dont knew what it is, but these sliders are just unplayable for me. WAY too difficult. Back on last gen id use your green set and win pretty regularly, so I was probably best off with your red or blue set. Now... Just played a bit over a quarter of Texans @ Bengals (me). It just got soo out of hand I quit. Two straight passes by McCarron were picked, Hoyer COULD NOT MISS, and before you know it I was down 30-0, and actually I dont think I got through a quarter. This is the first time Ive used your set this year and in years past i was fine. I just dont know what it is this year..
What set are you using? I also hope this wasn't just one game. You shouldn't have these issues with the green set. Especially the new set I just dropped a week ago. This year the gameplay is definitely tougher so you need to work more. The last few years I couldn't get the sliders to play the way I wanted them too. There was way too many flaws that made the gameplay easy. Play a few more games with the green set and if you are struggling I'll help you adjust some areas.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #1574
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Did you get 10 sacks by controlling the d linemen yourself? The reason I ask is because I do not see enough pressure on the blue set (or black for that matter), and I never control d linemen myself. I use a safety.

I feel lack of d line pressure is the one thing I need to adjust to get a perfect set of sliders.
I'm suprised you are not seeing more sacks. I been getting a lot more sacks since lowering the CPUs accuracy to 50. You should be seeing something similiar or even more with there accuracy at 40. I don't control a Dlineman. The CPU gives you at least 2-3 coverage sacks a game. If you send a man blitz you'll get even more sacks.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #1575
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:

Another playbook question if you guys don't mind (I hope I am not derailing this thread).

So my plan now is to rank all plays in the playbook. By ranking I mean giving stars for the different down and distance and other situations. My thinking is that by ranking these plays they should show up more under "suggestions" when I call plays during the game. Is that true? Or will it be under strategy? And what is the difference between "suggestions" and "strategy"?
Coaching suggestions.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #1576
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm suprised you are not seeing more sacks. I been getting a lot more sacks since lowering the CPUs accuracy to 50. You should be seeing something similiar or even more with there accuracy at 40. I don't control a Dlineman. The CPU gives you at least 2-3 coverage sacks a game. If you send a man blitz you'll get even more sacks.
The one game I played with the most recent sliders might have resulted in more pressure. Anyway based on my limited time with the new sliders I do believe that the cpu completion % is down and my Db's are usually in a better position to make plays.

Thanks for the playbook advice. I am in the process of ranking all plays in my playbook. I hope that will help me out.
I realised that my coach suggestions was very limited as only plays that were ranked (had stars) would be chosen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »