Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #1761
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Is this happening every game? My guys get toasted sometimes but nothing extreme. If I go higher with the CPU accuracy matched up with the USER pass D that does happen a lot. 55 definitely toned that issue down.
Did a little testing by raising HUM COVERAGE back to default and the same thing kept happening and I noticed my DB's jumping short routes, so raising coverage seemed to only help with the underneath stuff and I was still getting smoked over the top. I then put HUM COVERAGE back to the black set and started raising speed parity and got the results I was looking for. The DB's did not jump the short routes due to the low HUM COVERAGE settings but the 9 routes were not wide open anymore. It felt like a more balanced game, the CPU still had options to throw to and they had to sustain drives longer instead of "chuck and duck". I played Manning and his numbers were very realistic 27/35 for 275 with 2 TD's. I only gave up one deep ball on a great catch by OBJ, a bonus for me was raising the parity made my passing game more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 06:48 PM   #1762
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Easy fixes even though I feel you should play a few more games. It could be your scheme and playcalling that is causing you to struggle against the run. I think you should try a mixture of the blue set and red set, with the USER accuracy on the red set and play a few games with that before adjusting anything. Work on your throws with the left stick. Jump into the skill trainer if you have to. I believe it gives you a good breakdown on how to utilize it.
Ya I'm not terrible with the left stick, I use it all the time in online matches. But when I tried using it in this it was a little out of control. Sometimes it would do exactly what I wanted, but others it would sail off. Couple examples are I tried to loft one deep to Tavon so I moved the left stick up, but he sailed it way over his head although in that case it's pretty realistic to see an overthrown deep ball. But the other example was a crossing route where I tried to throw a little behind my WR so I wouldn't lead him into the hit and it just went way behind him on an unbelievable inaccurate throw lol.

I'll keep mixing and match till I find a combo I feel is good for a realistic game, thanks for the help, much appreciated
Old 04-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #1763
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Did a little testing by raising HUM COVERAGE back to default and the same thing kept happening and I noticed my DB's jumping short routes, so raising coverage seemed to only help with the underneath stuff and I was still getting smoked over the top. I then put HUM COVERAGE back to the black set and started raising speed parity and got the results I was looking for. The DB's did not jump the short routes due to the low HUM COVERAGE settings but the 9 routes were not wide open anymore. It felt like a more balanced game, the CPU still had options to throw to and they had to sustain drives longer instead of "chuck and duck". I played Manning and his numbers were very realistic 27/35 for 275 with 2 TD's. I only gave up one deep ball on a great catch by OBJ, a bonus for me was raising the parity made my passing game more difficult.
Yeah raising the threshold might be best if you are playing with default rosters. EA rosters suck from how they handled the speed this year. I have my own Rosters that balances out everything to where speed isn't an issue. Where did you raise the threshold?
Old 04-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #1764
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksRams38
Ya I'm not terrible with the left stick, I use it all the time in online matches. But when I tried using it in this it was a little out of control. Sometimes it would do exactly what I wanted, but others it would sail off. Couple examples are I tried to loft one deep to Tavon so I moved the left stick up, but he sailed it way over his head although in that case it's pretty realistic to see an overthrown deep ball. But the other example was a crossing route where I tried to throw a little behind my WR so I wouldn't lead him into the hit and it just went way behind him on an unbelievable inaccurate throw lol.

I'll keep mixing and match till I find a combo I feel is good for a realistic game, thanks for the help, much appreciated
It's different in online matches because you are playing with default settings which is way easier to use the left stick. I have it much lower to increase the difficulty but it can be tough if you aren't use to playing with it that low. I mastered using the left stick years ago so It's not an issue for me to play with it that low. You are probably going to have towork your way down. You probably should start off at 25 and work with it from there.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #1765
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah raising the threshold might be best if you are playing with default rosters. EA rosters suck from how they handled the speed this year. I have my own Rosters that balances out everything to where speed isn't an issue. Where did you raise the threshold?
I kept testing and went all the way up to 90, that felt the best. The strange thing was I had read somewhere that 90 was the "closest" to real life, and it seems to be true. I don't want to dominate the CPU but I want realistic game play and decent stats too... I want the CPU to "work" to score like I do. I cant stand when they run 5 plays and score in 2 minutes, they should have to check the ball down and run it once and a while too. The last game was great the CPU had scoring drives of 12 and 15 plays and they "earned" it. The final play count and yardage for both teams was extremely close and I lost 23-20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #1766
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I kept testing and went all the way up to 90, that felt the best. The strange thing was I had read somewhere that 90 was the "closest" to real life, and it seems to be true. I don't want to dominate the CPU but I want realistic game play and decent stats too... I want the CPU to "work" to score like I do. I cant stand when they run 5 plays and score in 2 minutes, they should have to check the ball down and run it once and a while too. The last game was great the CPU had scoring drives of 12 and 15 plays and they "earned" it. The final play count and yardage for both teams was extremely close and I lost 23-20.
Yeah I can see threahold needing to be high with EAs trash rosters. Threshold at 0 works fine with the Rosters I created and it blends in with with the incoming rookies who are fast.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #1767
Rookie

OVR: 0

4 for human qb accuracy??? I can't believe I was at default before the last patch and now I'm considering your most difficult slider set for accuracy. There is no way to get rid of the update without going back to the original game out the box right? I played like 7-10 seasons and loved it until this last update does anyone know if this game out the box was better for human accuracy on all madden?
Old 04-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #1768
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
4 for human qb accuracy??? I can't believe I was at default before the last patch and now I'm considering your most difficult slider set for accuracy. There is no way to get rid of the update without going back to the original game out the box right? I played like 7-10 seasons and loved it until this last update does anyone know if this game out the box was better for human accuracy on all madden?
Yeah you start seeing a difference at 4.. EA did go crazy with the tweaking they did for the USER accuracy. Just drop the accuracy to 4 and see how it plays out for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »