Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders - Page 84 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #665
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Hey Jarrod21,

I've been following your slider sets going back to Madden 11 I believe, always great stuff. This year I had a really hard time stopping the pass, I read the thread a few weaks ago about just mixing coverages and it has worked wonders. I started a franchise with Miami going 14-2 using the green set, Tannehill threw for 4600 yards 43 tds to 13 ints. My only problem was occasionally Tannehill would overthrow a crossing route if there was a nearby zone defender or a flag route with the defense in man. A few of these occasions resulted in interceptions, and I get it technically it's the wrong defense to throw that route, but in reality the QB makes the throw. So I'm going to go up to 40 and see how it works.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #666
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Played a game on the blue set last night in play now with the Panthers against the Texans. I lost 45-38.

Offensively the game felt pretty realistic. I had to fight for every yard on the ground, and really put every pass on the money through the air. But defensively is where I struggle. I run mostly man, but all my defenders in coverage get beat. If I try to go zone I get picked apart. I've tried shading, pressing, backing off, bringing pressure with blitzes, all that. Still getting shredded, I don't think I forced one punt the whole game.

Is there something I need to be doing as far as packages and formation subs on defense? Im pretty good at madden stick skill wise, but its the strategy element that I could sharpen up on.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 09-18-2015, 05:55 PM   #667
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox
I had an extremely fun week 1 Cowboys vs. Giants game in my franchise last night. I won 24-21 and had to work hard to run out the clock at the end.

Christine Michael averaged 4.1 ypc on 20 Carries. Joseph Randle had 20 yards on 7 carries.

Romo was 22-29 for 222 yards with a TD and two picks (one my fault, the other Romo threw it way over the head of a wide open receiver to the safety). Cowboys forced 4 turnovers (3 fumbles, 1 INT). My defense had six sacks, but I think that's to be expected with the Giants OL and me not sitting Hardy and allowing Mincey, Lawrence, Hardy and Gregory to all rush on 3rd and longs.

It'll be interesting to see how we hold up against the Eagles next week.
Nice stats man.. I bet you didn't use the left stick on that one throw that sailed way over your WRs head. Yeah you have another good game like that against Philly next week.. Have you plugged in the latest updates?
Old 09-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #668
Just started!

yerko's Arena

OVR: 0

I am a long time lurker. I've always used your sliders in the past.

I was trying to read through to see if I could find my answer but there are a ton of pages .

My question is, can the slider sets be combined? Can we use some sliders in green while using some in red? Will this break the slider set?

Also, this might be a ridiculous question but my brother and I love to do fantasy drafts. Does the game work differently when running a fantasy drafted league as opposed to the actual rosters? Just checking.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #669
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinzoober5
Hey Jarrod21,

I've been following your slider sets going back to Madden 11 I believe, always great stuff. This year I had a really hard time stopping the pass, I read the thread a few weaks ago about just mixing coverages and it has worked wonders. I started a franchise with Miami going 14-2 using the green set, Tannehill threw for 4600 yards 43 tds to 13 ints. My only problem was occasionally Tannehill would overthrow a crossing route if there was a nearby zone defender or a flag route with the defense in man. A few of these occasions resulted in interceptions, and I get it technically it's the wrong defense to throw that route, but in reality the QB makes the throw. So I'm going to go up to 40 and see how it works.
Damn Madden 11? You been riding with me from the beginning I see. Yeah like I been telling everyone. You need to use the left stick on almost every throw or those off the mark throws can happen here and there even with the accuray as high as I had it before at 35 on the green set. If you don't wanna use the left stick on most of your throws raising it to 40 might be what you need to do. You also put up some great stats and went 14-2 so I don't know about making the gameplay any easier..
Old 09-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #670
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Played a game on the blue set last night in play now with the Panthers against the Texans. I lost 45-38.

Offensively the game felt pretty realistic. I had to fight for every yard on the ground, and really put every pass on the money through the air. But defensively is where I struggle. I run mostly man, but all my defenders in coverage get beat. If I try to go zone I get picked apart. I've tried shading, pressing, backing off, bringing pressure with blitzes, all that. Still getting shredded, I don't think I forced one punt the whole game.

Is there something I need to be doing as far as packages and formation subs on defense? Im pretty good at madden stick skill wise, but its the strategy element that I could sharpen up on.
Don't get discouraged after one game. Trust me there's games where I get absolutely shredded but it be games where my DBs are all over everything.. Play a few more games just to see how it goes. I also mainly play man coverage myself.. Also do your testing in CFM. Start you a test franchise. I'm not sure if the gameplay is different but I here some people saying it is so play your games in franchise.. Keep me posted too.. I'll help you make some adjustments if needed..
Old 09-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #671
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerko
I am a long time lurker. I've always used your sliders in the past.

I was trying to read through to see if I could find my answer but there are a ton of pages .

My question is, can the slider sets be combined? Can we use some sliders in green while using some in red? Will this break the slider set?

Also, this might be a ridiculous question but my brother and I love to do fantasy drafts. Does the game work differently when running a fantasy drafted league as opposed to the actual rosters? Just checking.
What's going on man? You must of missed it on the front page but yeah you can definitely mix and match any of my sets. I have my sliders set up for guys to do that.

No fantasy draft doesn't mess up the gameplay in anyway.. Let me know what kind of combination you come up with.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #672
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
New tweaks

September 18th- On the Green set I lowered the CPUs accuracy to 25, and lowered the USER accuracy 25.
September 18th- On the Red set I lowered the CPUs accuracy to 35, and lowered the USER accuracy to 18
Septmeber 18th- On the Blue set the CPUs accuracy stayed at 45, and I lowered the USER accuracy to 11
September 18th- On the Black set I raised the CPUs accuracy to 55, and lowered the USER accuracy to 4.

I thought I was done tweaking for a while but I been passing the ball way too good lately. Finished my test season with 5500 yards passing and I just wasn't feeling that. Felt my yardage could come down at least another 500-700 yards so I decided to tweak the USER accuracy on all 4 sets.

I know some guys using the green sliders have been struggling with accuracy. My only advise to you is to either go into practice and work on using the left stick or simply raise the USER accuracy somewhere around 40-50 if you refuse to work on getting better with the left stick, and want most of your passes placed for you. You should be using the left stick on every pass besides deep bombs. I know a lot of the green set USERs have been struggling with there pass defense too so lowering the CPUs accuracy to 25 should help that also.
Here's the updates if anybody missed the post last night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »