Home

All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

This is a discussion on All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #73
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

After 20+ games the next thing to adjust is the
rushing per gm:
User/CPU
127/82
I'm going to 1st test the coaching schemes/priority slider. I would like to see how each teams O-line priority is set, I'm also looking into how they have the HB set too. I've had games were the cpu has a better avg. than me though. I will have some time to test and also get my
ypc. Avg vs the Cpu ypc avg.
Remember
4.16ypc is what the actual avg should be.
3.24 is the low and 5.22 is the high side ypc.
I will report my findings......
Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #74
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

After looking at each teams coaching scheme(playbooks and priority)and comparing that with the cpu teams that rushed above avg(4.16ypc) the teams that stick with the run have these 3 playbooks.
1. Power run(Raiders)
2. Balanced(Vikings)
3. Spread(Eagles)
Now I also know each coach has a hidden Pass/Run aggression slider, you can find it when you create a coach. So just by changing a teams scheme to one of those three on offense still may not fix their run game.
So what I'm going to do for my next few games on week 2 schedule is switch the highest rated run blocking starting OLINEMAN to either of these 3
1. Big Mauler(weighs the overall more towards run blk, str, and impact blk)
2. Run Blocking(weighs the overall more towards run blk, str, and acc

3. Zone blocking(weighs the overall more towards run blk, agi, and acc

I can setup this up before my games for the cpu teams w/ 32 team control.
Raiders had the most success running on me and this is how they had their O scheme setup.
Offense: Power Run
Olineman:*
LT: Big Mauler
LG: Zone Blocking
C: Balanced(weighs more towards decent str, awr, pblk, rblk)
RG: Zone Blocking
RT: Pass Blocker
So 3 out of the 5 were weighted more for a run based offense.
Now what I'm doing is going to be different than what most other guys are doing b/c I'm testing priorities.

I have some other ideas that will only benefit the cpus gameplay more.

For my next game Cardinals(1-0 me) vs Bears(1-0 cpu)
I'm going to setup each priority for each Olineman using one of the 3 categories listed above (Big Mauler, Run blk, or zone block).depending on how they are rated. I will also set there Offensive scheme based off what the strengths of the Olineman are(Power run, balanced, or spread)

Each coach will still have the "hidden" pass/run aggression setting so they will still be unique in playcalling due to this being different for each coach.
Last time I played the Bears
Pass atts: 40
Rush atts: 21, 82yds
I will report back after this game.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #75
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Well dang it! I was up 2 scores on the Bears and let them back in it. They got me on 2 deep PA passes both tds to Alshon Jeffries. This was a rare high scoring game.
I gave up a long td run and that got the Bears momentum back in it.
I noticed the Bears did have a more balanced pass run ratio and even kept with it after being down 2 scores late in the 2nd qtr.(70yd run by Forte)
The reason they got those 2 TD's deep to Alshon was b/c I was playing the run and they called PA pass. Nice to see the cpu not cave so easily this year.
1443202979874.jpg
They went down the field in OT and finished w/ 13yd running td w/ the backup HB(Daniel Thomas).
Good solid game, higher scoring but that's not the norm so far through week 1 and 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #76
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Pressure packed for sure!
1443204315192.jpg
Next up, Pats (1-0 me) vs Bills(1-0 cpu)
The Bills are setup already as power run
I just had to adjust the Olineman to either run blocking or zone blocking depending on their ratings.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #77
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Since adjusting priority coaching schemes 2 of my last 3 Games have the cpu above the avg. 4.16ypc
I've gone 1-2 since adjusting them too.
5-3 halfway through week 2(playing all games in order on the schedule)
1443221562311.jpg

Next up Browns(me 1-0) vs Titans(cpu 1-0)
Manziel getting 1st start of the season!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #78
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Finished gm 9 of week 2, Johnny did really good despite me starting 2/7 passing w/ him. Set each Titans HB and Olineman's priority to match what it shows they are in the progression screen(one cut, big mauler, etc). 3/4 games the cpu has at or above ypc avg.
I would say so far having the cpu teams coaching scheme priority setup to match what their strengths are, has worked!

I'm 2-2 since adjusting player priorities, I'm doing it for my team and the cpu team before I play them. Now I'm wondering if it would be even better by doing each starting position, making sure the priority coaching scheme matches all the starters, not just HBs and Olineman
Old 09-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #79
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

This game was closer than it ended. They tried to make a late run but it was too little too late.
1443232399206.jpg
Old 09-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #80
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well played, D81!

Priorities are the under appreciated / under acknowledged "sweeteners" that can really draw out some nice gameplay...

QBs set to "Pocket Passer" get an appreciable bump in ACC / One Cut HBs get some nice bumps to "Vision" & AWR / and on and on...

Even just setting them to match the player's description in the Progression screen makes them play better than when they play "against type"...

Another nice thing about Booker's HC Drive Goals workaround is that you can set that stuff up for the opposing team before you play them and after you retire their guy, they go back to default...which is nice for the sim engine...
I'm seeing better results from the cpu so far just by adjusting the HBs and Olineman, for the next game I've gone through and adjusted all of the priorities to match the starters @ each position.

For ex. My next game is the Falcons(me) vs Giants and the Falcons had all the WR's set to balanced WR1, WR2, and WR3. I went into the upgrade/progression screen and see that Julio Jones shows his strength as being "Redzone threat" and Roddy White was listed as "Possession". So I went into coaching schemes and changed it from balanced to what the actual starter is for that spot and this is for ALL THE starters.
Giants had just about each position not matching up to what the starter is. It's all worth getting each team getting tuned to its full capacity(since im playing each game on the schedule) and this just helps to put the cherry on top of an already well improved gameplay.

Up next! Week 2 Gm: 10 Falcons(me) vs Giants

Instead of going through and messing with the sliders, this may end up being a better option. That's another reason this CFM setup is unique to the other slider setups here.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-26-2015 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »