All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

This is a discussion on All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #81
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

I just discovered something guys! As I was matching up the priorities/coaching scheme positions to match what we see in the upgrade/progression screen.
It's actually CHANGED THE PLAYER'S RATINGS!
For the better!
For ex. I changed the starting FS R. McLeod jr(76 ovr). from what he was in the coaching scheme, to what it shows in the progression screen(balanced) and now he's rated as the highest safety on the team (80ovr)!!
So matching the player's priority to that in the progression screen increased his overall 4pts!
This only benefits the games!
So priorities in coaching schemes do matter and even more than I expected!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #82
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I just discovered something guys! As I was matching up the priorities/coaching scheme positions to match what we see in the upgrade/progression screen.
It's actually CHANGED THE PLAYER'S RATINGS!
For the better!
For ex. I changed the starting FS R. McLeod jr(76 ovr). from what he was in the coaching scheme, to what it shows in the progression screen(balanced) and now he's rated as the highest safety on the team (80ovr)!!
So matching the player's priority to that in the progression screen increased his overall 4pts!
This only benefits the games!
So priorities in coaching schemes do matter and even more than I expected!
It's always been like this. There are different weights placed on certain attributes based off of which player scheme you choose. It's supposed to help you in finding guys that fit your scheme better. So if a guys actual Ovr (the one you see in the depth chart in a game) is 88 and another guys is 82 but the 82 guy fits your player scheme much better then the 88 guy it will make the 82 guys Ovr better. I hope that made sense lol. So it's not actually changing guys ratings, just the player scheme adjusted Ovr.

With all that being said I am enjoying what you have going on here and hope you keep it up.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #83
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It's always been like this. There are different weights placed on certain attributes based off of which player scheme you choose. It's supposed to help you in finding guys that fit your scheme better. So if a guys actual Ovr (the one you see in the depth chart in a game) is 88 and another guys is 82 but the 82 guy fits your player scheme much better then the 88 guy it will make the 82 guys Ovr better. I hope that made sense lol. So it's not actually changing guys ratings, just the player scheme adjusted Ovr.

With all that being said I am enjoying what you have going on here and hope you keep it up.
Yeah that makes sense, also keep in mind it will affect how the AI plays! For ex. If I put Julio Jones as a possession WR in coaching schemes the play calling for him changes to more comebacks and in or out routes. When I put him as "Redzone threat" which matches what it shows in the progression screen, the cpu then changes the calls to more endzone, shot plays, streaks. They still have those other routes sprinkled in but they are attempting plays that are geared toward his strengths now!
The reason I know this now is b/c I just used the Falcons again.

week.1
I had the priorities all default b/c I had not started testing coaching schemes yet and I don't recall hardly any deep.routes for Julio or fade type redzone plays.

Week 2
I just changed him to Redzone threat and he ends up w/ quite a few really good calls(remember I'm using coaching suggestion plays), each one was called at the right time too, he would be 1 on 1 vs the cb
So even the coaching suggestions playcalling changed based how we have the priority set.
If guys are just playing a solo CFM and not adjusting the coaching scheme/positional priority to each starters strengths(based off how they are labeled in the upgrade/progression screen) for the cpu or even their team, they aren't getting the full potential out the starting spot for that player.
That's a big deal for guys like me. I'm using coaching suggestions so this helps both me and cpu, and brings out some overall better gameplay for the teams.
I'm doing this for sure before each game now and for all the starters

Another ex. Kicker that is set to say "balanced" and it's a long 50+ yd FG against the wind, the suggestion would be punt. Now if that Kicker gets a 1 or 2pt, or even higher ratings increase b/c he is actually listed as "clutch" Kicker and you match that to his priority in the coaching schemes. The next time he's in that same situation during the game, the cpu then calls to kick it!

This is some good stuff here!

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-26-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #84
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Week 1 using coaching suggestions Julio was still good but didn't get the opportunity to show his true skills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1443300387462.jpg (625.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 09-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #85
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Week 2 after changing him to Redzone threat(which matches what he is in the upgrade/progression screen) Still using coaching suggestions.
1443300781046.jpg
Other factors that I noticed, was when these passes were called, and how they matched him up 1 on 1 vs the lower rated CB2. The results could've been different if they were calling in-routes vs the #1 CB.

I'm still verifying all the things that change when coaching priorities are setup correctly for played games but this is definitely a good sign!

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-26-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #86
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Another close game, Todd Gurley was healthy and 2 ints thrown by me was the main difference in this game. Cousins was out in this game and RG3 played, probably need to play Colt next week lol, keep the qb carousel going Came down to the last drive and the Rams held on!
Rams go to 1-1 as well as the Skins!
1443312714347.jpg
Old 09-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #87
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Gurley also had sweet rac to get the 1st td of the game, which didn't come till the 4th qtr!
1443313025266.jpg
Foles throws 2tds and I throw 2ints, game over :/
Old 09-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #88
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I'm seeing an improvement in the cpu rushing in my last 4 games since adjusting coaching schemes and priority position setups. I'm also 1-3 in those games.
I will get some more games in tonight and post the results asap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »