Home

All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

This is a discussion on All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #105
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

Great looking games dude, I was curious how you set up the 32 teams... Coaches, owners, etc. also how are you handling trades, fa's, the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #106
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Great looking games dude, I was curious how you set up the 32 teams... Coaches, owners, etc. also how are you handling trades, fa's, the draft.
Thanks, it's really been the most fun playing Madden that I can remember.
To setup 32 teams, it's easy. Once you get your 1st team setup and your on the screen were you can play your 1st game. Press down on the R3 stick and it will let you create another coach, rinse and repeat for all teams.
I went ahead and retired the fake coaches for the Pats and Saints and created Bill Belichick and Sean Payton for their respective teams.

Now I'm playing each game on the schedule(256 games not counting playoffs and superbowl) and controlling the teams that won their games irl. Except for my Skins I use them even if they lost irl.
I'm making all the moves and trades for each team based off what's actually happened irl(ie. Jon Bostic traded from Bears to Pats, Jared Allen to the Panthers)too. It's been really immersing for me, more than I imagined lol. I'm literally reading Nfl.com transactions, cuts, trades, etc and making the same moves in my CFM.

Another thing you'll want to do is match each players priority(in the coaching schemes) to what they are listed as in the upgrade or roster profile screen (ie. HBs, one cut. WR'S route runner, redzone threat).
By doing this for both the team I'm using and the CPU team, it's really brought out the most realistic and best gameplay I've ever seen in Madden! No joke!
You may want to read back some pages and even on the main Madden forum(coaching schemes affects players ratings). It's been the cherry on top!
Let me know how your planning to play and maybe I can help you out.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #107
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Thanks, it's really been the most fun playing Madden that I can remember.
To setup 32 teams, it's easy. Once you get your 1st team setup and your on the screen were you can play your 1st game. Press down on the R3 stick and it will let you create another coach, rinse and repeat for all teams.
I went ahead and retired the fake coaches for the Pats and Saints and created Bill Belichick and Sean Payton for their respective teams.

Now I'm playing each game on the schedule(256 games not counting playoffs and superbowl) and controlling the teams that won their games irl. Except for my Skins I use them even if they lost irl.
I'm making all the moves and trades for each team based off what's actually happened irl(ie. Jon Bostic traded from Bears to Pats, Jared Allen to the Panthers)too. It's been really immersing for me, more than I imagined lol. I'm literally reading Nfl.com transactions, cuts, trades, etc and making the same moves in my CFM.

Another thing you'll want to do is match each players priority(in the coaching schemes) to what they are listed as in the upgrade or roster profile screen (ie. HBs, one cut. WR'S route runner, redzone threat).
By doing this for both the team I'm using and the CPU team, it's really brought out the most realistic and best gameplay I've ever seen in Madden! No joke!
You may want to read back some pages and even on the main Madden forum(coaching schemes affects players ratings). It's been the cherry on top!
Let me know how your planning to play and maybe I can help you out.
I'm going to play every game as well (coin flip to choose the team except my jets). I'm just trying to figure out how to handle the draft. I may also use the active owner of each team and go through the hiring and firing of coaches process to really get immersed
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #108
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
I'm going to play every game as well (coin flip to choose the team except my jets). I'm just trying to figure out how to handle the draft. I may also use the active owner of each team and go through the hiring and firing of coaches process to really get immersed
I'm thinking once I get to that point, to go back into priorities for each team in the coaching schemes and setting it to what they need, instead of just matching it to the starter for that position. I figure, if I'm playing each game, I will have 1st hand experience on what teams needs are.
I'm hoping I only have to worry about scouting for my team and let the cpu do its thing.
I will also handle each teams firing(which I've read would need to be done at the beginning of the offseason) and create a coach for them(maybe a college coach and/or good offensive and defensive coordinators during the season, playoffs, superbowl)you'll want to be sure and do this or you'll lose control of that team during the draft. Not sure if thats accurate. I'll be sure to create new saves points after each step just in case i need to go back.
During the draft I'm letting the cpu do all the picks and trades, except for my team. I'm reading that the cpu does pick players based off how those priority schemes are set, which is good.
It will take me awhile just to get the offseason, so that's really as far as I've thought ahead for now.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #109
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Cool Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

When it's clicking, this is how a great team plays! It was actually tied @ halftime. If you look back at my previous games(specifically Skins vs Giants), I've been on the other end of the beat downs recently.
Awesome game by the Pats(me)!
1443845315832.jpg

3-3 now so far through week 3
Old 10-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #110
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Thumbs up Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

Well Week 2 ended w/ me finishing 9-7, much tougher than week 1 before I made any coaching scheme changes.
Here's my scores and team I used for each game played week 2
Denver(me) vs K.C. 29-3 W
Hou vs Car(me) 9-25 W
SF vs Pit(me) 31-24 L
TB(me) vs N.O. 21-13 W
Det vs Min(me) 29-30 W
Ari(me) vs Chi 37-43 OT: L
N.E.(me) vs Bills 27-37 L
S.D. vs Cin(me) 28-30 W
Ten vs Cle(me) 26-40 W
Atl(me) vs NYG 45-13 W
Stl vs Was(me) 20-16 L
Mia vs Jax(me) 22-14 L
Bal vs Oak(me) 35-32 L
Dal(me) vs Phi 33-38 L
Sea vs G.B.(me) 11-45
NYJ(me) vs Ind 32-21 W

Couldn't ask for better games and close scores!
So far through week 3 I'm 5-3.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 PM   #111
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Exclamation Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

It's going to be awhile till I get to the playoffs but I wanted to post this, something that could really spice up the playoffs incorporating coaching schemes and considering playing on AM default just for the playoffs!
since I'm playing each game on the schedule, trying to win with the teams that won their game irl. Whether I win or lose its not as big a deal like it would be just using 1 team. I still get to play EVERY game, playoffs and superbowl!

So far the only slider I've adjusted is the Int: 35 for user/cpu
I'm really seeing good rotation w/ 65 fatigue and the occasional injury for more than a game w/ 55 inj.
Adjusted penalties, has anyone seen a defensive holding call @ 55 since the last patch?
I may need to raise this some more, I just don't want it to cause DBs to become too good at pressing or cause too many D holding calls. I'm just going to raise it 1 click at a time until it starts being called.

It's really a benefit to play every game in these penalty/slider adjusting period(which seems to be done after each new update).
Btw, I've never downloaded the tuner, just both patches.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 10-06-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #112
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I just don't see how guys are still changing sliders. I guess playing with different teams has really changed my perception on sliders. I've had games were I lost, due to a few mistakes and the cpu team just playing good.
My most recent game, I had 300yds passing but couldn't establish a consistent run game, had a 100yds in penalties, which has only happened a few times per week so far in my games. I was down by 6 and had a chance to score late in the 4th but the cpu stopped me from getting a 4th down and took over on downs w/ under 2 mins to play and I was out of timeouts.

Final Cardinals(me) vs 49ers(cpu) 21-27 L
Player of the game: Carlos Hyde(cpu 28atts. 168yds) He did have a long run late in the 4th, he tight roped the sideline and broke a few tackles for a 40yd run.
My games have been so diverse that I can't really pin-point what sliders, if any need changed.
I'm almost done with week 3 games and then I'll have 48 games played with these sliders and compile all my game data(yds, passing, rushing, penalties, turnovers, scores).
What's very noticeable right of hand is how much different a good team plays vs a middle of the road team vs a bottom feeder. Ratings, confidence, coaching scheme/player types seem to really play out like they should. I also notice momentum swings and how 1 mistake on a forced pass or 1 untimely penalty can change the flow of my team.
I'm still compiling data but so far it's really been fairly balanced game to game vs the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »