Home

All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

This is a discussion on All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #169
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Lightbulb Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

Getting a few more games in w/ latest setup on OP.
If you've been following my setup, I've updated all player schemes to match his player type for that position.

(Ex. Player type: powerback, change coaching/player scheme for HB to power. I've done this for all teams and players, and I can tell you, it affects what animation types are triggered making for a more authentic game. You can really see it when you use different teams. Using Ed Lacy vs Mccoy or AP is very noticeable on what animations occur.)

This really sets the gameplay up for success from the cpu.
Another prime ex. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones being set to West Coast/route runner vs speed threat. When set to West Coast he will have more calls short to intermediate, set this to Vertical Offense in the off scheme and WR Jones to speed and he gets more deep calls and plays.
This is really the secret sauce to making the cpu better imo.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-13-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #170
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: All-Pro/Adjusted Penalty Sliders/32 team Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Getting a few more games in w/ latest setup on OP.
If you've been following my setup, I've updated all player schemes to match his player type for that position.

(Ex. Player type: powerback, change coaching/player scheme for HB to power. I've done this for all teams and players, and I can tell you, it affects what animation types are triggered making for a more authentic game. You can really see it when you use different teams. Using Ed Lacy vs Mccoy or AP is very noticeable on what animations occur.)

This really sets the gameplay up for success from the cpu.
Another prime ex. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones being set to West Coast/route runner vs speed threat. When set to West Coast he will have more calls short to intermediate, set this to Vertical Offense in the off scheme and WR Jones to speed and he gets more deep calls and plays.
This is really the secret sauce to making the cpu better imo.
This is the secret sauce indeed. King finally talked me in to messing with this stuff and WOW!

I'd love it if the three of us and whoever else is getting deep into the scheme thing could put together a testing regimen to figure out exactly how the permutations at the scheme/player type level affect animations and CPU play calling.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #171
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I've also went back to AP default 50/50 with the latest updates from EA.
I still haven't downloaded the tuner though. Just the latest patch.
I like how the gameplay is with adjusted player schemes, penalties, and fatigue(60).

This year's Madden(post patch) plays better if you leave the gameplay slider 50/50.
If you like All-Madden you will want the gameplay sliders 50/25 (user/cpu)
It's really nice to not have to mess with this part of the game as much as years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #172
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is the secret sauce indeed. King finally talked me in to messing with this stuff and WOW!

I'd love it if the three of us and whoever else is getting deep into the scheme thing could put together a testing regimen to figure out exactly how the permutations at the scheme/player type level affect animations and CPU play calling.
I played the Bears(cpu) vs Lions last night and set the Bears to Vertical and already had all the starters player types set to match the player's scheme and Cutler(strong arm) made me pay everytime I got overly aggressive, he hit a 20+ yard pass almost everytime. He ended up w/ 350 something yards 3tds and 1int. You could tell the cpu was playing at its full abilities just based off the schemes being setup properly for their starters and offensive, defensive schemes.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #173
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I'm going w/ acc clock: off, 9min qtrs.
Fatigue: 50
Injury: 50
If you call your plays and snap the ball at the same pace as the cpu, you should see 120 or more total offensive plays per game.
I really like how fatigue means much more with acc clock off, players seem to play more human like. I saw a bunch of new animations due to the player's not having as much time to recover in between plays.

It seems like the game was made to play with acc clock off imo. Injuries occur in a more realistic fashion.
It really does help make the game overall more organic and players tendencies seem more human like.
I'd suggest playing with acc clock off if you want a bit more realism.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #174
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Pulled out a close one 19-14 over the Chargers!
So far I'm 2-2 since going w/ acc clock off. I like how the time changes and late afternoon to evening games have the sun move, it really brings just another bit of realism to the game. A-Rod's jersey and P. Rivers were both dirty by the 4th qtr.
I'm rolling with this setup for now. You'll see fatigue(50) matter more and that just brings more realism.
1450815860759.jpg

My scores so far with latest update 50/50 AP, 50 fatigue and injury. Adjusted penalties and spteams.
Den(me) vs Cle(cpu) 30-15 W
Hou(me) vs Jax (cpu 33-38 L
Mia (me) vs Ten (cpu) 14-29 L
SD (cpu) vs GB (me) 14-19 W
2-2 and this is still using my adjusted coaching schemes player types.

I've played 88 games so far in my CFM, playing each game on the schedule and what I have now with AP 50/50, adjusted penalties, matching schemes to player types for all starter,
9min. Qtrs. No acc clock, the game is playing at its peak realism.
I mean everything from cpu qb play, run game, sacks. Even pancakes and broken tackles are coming out as balanced as you could ask for.
Loving this year's madden! I may end up completing every game (all 256 reg. Season games + playoffs and superbowl) after all.

Next up
Ravens(cpu)3-2 vs 49ers(me)3-2
Final 48-13 SF, 5th game with new updates and this was the 1st in which I forced the turnovers for once. Ravens and Flacco had a bad game for the cpu w/ 6 turnovers, 1 was a pick 6 for me.
I'm not jumping to conclusion b/c the previous games had me struggling with turnovers.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-23-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #175
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Latest updates

All-Pro 50/50 all gameplay slider
9min qtrs, acc clock: off
Fatigue: 55(should see more rotation w/ acc clock off)
Injury: 55(@ 50 injuries rarely occured)
All assist: off (these tend to give advantage to the user)

Next game on schedule
Pats (me) 2-2 vs Colts (cpu) 2-3
Game stats coming soon.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #176
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

The Brady Bunch had it going in this game. He's been heating up the last 3 weeks and the Pats are back above .500 where they should be.
Final 42-17 Pats
1450896961596.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »