Charter04's Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders - Page 52 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2180
I pride my game on defense, I give up a high percentage of completions but come up with user picks and big hit fumbles at the perfect time, but this year shotgun runs are murdering me. It seems like no matter the sliders, teams all do this against me and run for 200 yards this year. Anyone else seeing this? If so, how do you stop it?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

The inside runs esp. from shotgun seem to be have been OP for quite awhile. This is mainly due to the often horrible defense AI. D Lineman don't do enough to occupy double teams to keep the LB's clean, and the LB play in this game is beyond horrendous. They just stand there flat footed and wait while the OL comes barreling at them 5 years down field.

That being said the best ways I've found to combat a spread to run inside offense is to not be afraid to keep your base D on the field. On 1st & 2nd down I will keep my base 4-3 on the field even if the O is in a 3WR set. I base a lot out of Cover 4 and Cover 6 and I will bring down & then user the FS/SS to the side the slot WR is on. This lets me base align and keep all my LBs back in the box. You can do this just as easily out of a Cover 3 by bringing the down safety to cover the slot.

When using Nickel or Dime formations, I almost always pinch my DL and spread my LB(s). If they try to run inside I want everything to bounce outside, where I have my LBs and my extra DBs/Safeties.

An even bigger issue for me than the inside runs out of shotgun are the ridiculous Draw plays. The AI defenders are just oblivious.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've played 3 excellent games with these on Play Now using different teams. I hope they translate this well to CFM!

I've given up a good bit of passing yards, but I've also gotten a fair amount of pass breakups and interceptions. That's all I can ask for. It's tough to make the CPU passing game 100% realistic.

Last edited by gstotss; 09-19-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #411
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpns
The inside runs esp. from shotgun seem to be have been OP for quite awhile. This is mainly due to the often horrible defense AI. D Lineman don't do enough to occupy double teams to keep the LB's clean, and the LB play in this game is beyond horrendous. They just stand there flat footed and wait while the OL comes barreling at them 5 years down field.

That being said the best ways I've found to combat a spread to run inside offense is to not be afraid to keep your base D on the field. On 1st & 2nd down I will keep my base 4-3 on the field even if the O is in a 3WR set. I base a lot out of Cover 4 and Cover 6 and I will bring down & then user the FS/SS to the side the slot WR is on. This lets me base align and keep all my LBs back in the box. You can do this just as easily out of a Cover 3 by bringing the down safety to cover the slot.

When using Nickel or Dime formations, I almost always pinch my DL and spread my LB(s). If they try to run inside I want everything to bounce outside, where I have my LBs and my extra DBs/Safeties.

An even bigger issue for me than the inside runs out of shotgun are the ridiculous Draw plays. The AI defenders are just oblivious.
Thanks man, that was some good input. I figured I'd ask people using similar sliders to me. It is mostly the draw indeed, and the Eagles run it all game against me.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2015, 04:39 AM   #412
Rookie

I am finding the passing very nice, seems to be fair getting a pass rush is a huge factor but I am struggling to run the ball and stop the run... is anyone else seeing this problem and any idea how I could fix this?
Old 09-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #413
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynun47
I am finding the passing very nice, seems to be fair getting a pass rush is a huge factor but I am struggling to run the ball and stop the run... is anyone else seeing this problem and any idea how I could fix this?
i changed my mind the passing is not very good. the cpu defense is on top of every throw and i have flacco and he cant seem to fit it into a 10 yard window across the middle, a lb always swats it coming from so far away. also my defensive backs play like peewee football players, seeing a pass thrown but not reacting till the receiver is past him by 10 yards. safties are notorious for this, in cover 2 going to the outside receiver even after the qb has thrown to the guy up the seam and then not going over in pursuit even after watching qb throw right on the seam right infront of him
Old 09-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #414
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm real close to being finished with the base set that can be used for coach mode or user v CPU. I'll explain all about it when I post them. It will be great for those who struggle with my regular AM set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #415
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

This set is incredibly difficult, granted I'm the Bears, but I'm losing by 40+ every game. Cant pass, can't stop the pass.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:28 AM   #416
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed it has become untruly difficult and I don't know why. I may have to go to all pro because I am not having fun at all currently

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »