Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #89
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Using these sliders in my Saints CFM and game 1 Carson Palmer tore me up. About 300 yards and 4 TDs in the first half. I know Saints D isn't great but still. Cardinals also couldn't run on me at all. Just wondering if anyone else has had this? Also, do these sliders usually produce shootouts?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks513
Using these sliders in my Saints CFM and game 1 Carson Palmer tore me up. About 300 yards and 4 TDs in the first half. I know Saints D isn't great but still. Cardinals also couldn't run on me at all. Just wondering if anyone else has had this? Also, do these sliders usually produce shootouts?
I will have some, but most are in line with regular NFL games, are you just watching the defense, or actually controlling a player?

I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it seems to. I have experienced some hot QB play one week and a let down the next (see my Bears game) but if you want to force the QB into a few more errant throws I would drop the CPU pass blocking down 2-4 notches to force them to hurry more. If you do this however, also drop HUM int down between 30-35 so interceptions are not inflated.

As mentioned, I watch the defense, but I do use the pre-play shifts up front, rush the edge, show blitz, etc, which seems to throw the CPU QB off at times. As far as running the ball by the CPU, some teams will struggle, and I have games where the CPU averages 4.5+ per carry.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #91
Rookie

This game really demonstrated the variety you can see, Carr did not hurt me at all, but the Raiders ran wild on me, after I had been doing a good job shutting run down.

Vikings (me) 18 Raiders 24
First downs: 17/16
Total yards: 324/357
Rushing: 129/209
Passing: 195/148
Turnovers: 2/0
Penalties: 6-45/6-57
Sacks: 1/3

Passing
Bridgewater 23-37 219 1 TD,2 Int
Carr 9-18 160 2 TD, 0 Int

Rushing
Peterson 18-116, Mckinnon 2-2 (Peterson broke a 58 yarder)
Helu 27-126, Murray 9-74

Receiving
Ford 5-61, Wright 5-73
Holmes 3-56, Smith 3-23

Both teams now 5-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 4

Traveled to London to take on the Jets, seemed to dominate the CPU in the 1st half, then they came out strong maybe the "jetlag" wore off.

I did pick up my first safety of the season. However, couldn't score any other points in the 2nd half.

Threw a horrible user error pick late in the 4th, I pressed the wrong button.

Then I was able to force a sweet strip/fumble to get the ball back. Had a chance but dropped a 3rd down pass, wide open, just didn't make the catch. CPU got the ball back late and drove into FG range. Kicked the game winner as time expired.

Sliders are still very good, games are exciting. Would like to be able to run the ball more though. The CPU seems to bust off large runs and I'm doing my best to get a 2 yard gain.

Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-18-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks513

I find the same things, if I play on default sliders I feel like I can pick defenses and am able to contain the CPU. I usually feel like I can win fairly easy vs the CPU on default Pro sliders. I'm able to force multiple punts and get user Picks.

On these sliders I'm not able to control the CPU. It seems like I'm lucky to force a punt, stopping the run is hard as all get out. It almost seems like if I pick what I'd normally pick on defense the CPU tears me a new one. I started using the "strategy" window and I pick one from there. This way I'm able to better keep the CPU offense in front of me, seems like a bend but hope to not break defense, sometimes it works.

On offense it's the same way, on default Pro I'm able to work my offense, picking my plays and working down the field. On these sliders I use the strategy plays again and this is the only way I'm able to get an upper hand on the CPU. If I pick the plays myself for some reason they just don't work. I can manually pick a screen play and it gets blown up for a -3 yard loss. If the strategy suggests a screen and I pick it, I'll get a 79 yard gain.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:23 AM   #94
MVP

gman2774's Arena

I prefer normal speed over slow. What adjustments if any would need to be made to use these sliders with normal speed?
Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I prefer normal speed over slow. What adjustments if any would need to be made to use these sliders with normal speed?

The only thing I would likely look as bumping up HUM pass pro a couple of notches and reducing pass reaction time for both CPU and Hum by 5. I would up speed threshold to 46 as well.

The main difference for me is the animations on slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggs99
I find the same things, if I play on default sliders I feel like I can pick defenses and am able to contain the CPU. I usually feel like I can win fairly easy vs the CPU on default Pro sliders. I'm able to force multiple punts and get user Picks.

On these sliders I'm not able to control the CPU. It seems like I'm lucky to force a punt, stopping the run is hard as all get out. It almost seems like if I pick what I'd normally pick on defense the CPU tears me a new one. I started using the "strategy" window and I pick one from there. This way I'm able to better keep the CPU offense in front of me, seems like a bend but hope to not break defense, sometimes it works.

On offense it's the same way, on default Pro I'm able to work my offense, picking my plays and working down the field. On these sliders I use the strategy plays again and this is the only way I'm able to get an upper hand on the CPU. If I pick the plays myself for some reason they just don't work. I can manually pick a screen play and it gets blown up for a -3 yard loss. If the strategy suggests a screen and I pick it, I'll get a 79 yard gain.

I have really only had the CPU run over me once and that was my last game vs. the Raiders. Do a lot of line slants on D and dial up early down blitzes if they are available in the strategy window, also use rush the edge in passing downs, this works really well with cover a lot, fake secondary blitzes as well.

To force opposing QB's into more bad throws/throwaways drop CPU pass block to 48 or bump HUM pass coverage up 5 and reduce human INT by 5.

I am pretty much staying with the current OP sliders as I think it brings talent into play. I have a good run game with AP and Minnesota, so worried about raising HUM RB, as I think the Dolphins should probably struggle a bit more to run

How are penalties for you guys, I had a CFM high of 12 total last game.

BTW, that game against the Jets looked like an awesome matchup. I played them earlier and they also ran on me better than anyone but the Raiders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »