Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Penalties seem good. Not over powering but they do show up, seem realistic.

Running is hard, I don't have AP, Lamar Miller is no slouch but I just don't seem to be able to run as well as I'd like. I don't know if it's being on SLOW speed vs Normal or if it's a certain slider but it seems muted when I'm trying to juke w/ the HB or WR.

On the default sliders playing on Normal speed I'm able to left and right juke or LT + r-stick jukes to make nice bouncing jukes to make defenders miss. Using these sliders that just doesn't happen. It seems like the CPU tackles really well.

Is this a slider or is it more the game speed?

And yes, the game vs the Jets was tough. I got up early and thought I had it in hand, then they came back in the 2nd half and my offense was no where to be found. I'm ok with it though, NFL teams come back in real life (see Thursday night w/ the Broncos).
Old 09-20-2015, 03:52 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think it is the slider, as the game speed really opens up more animations.

I found I was hitting the hole too quick early on and I have been a bit more patient, waited for a crease or the LB to commit, then his speed burst to accelerate through the hole, which also helps break a few tackles.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #99
Rookie

I think the juke animations and stiff arm animations are tied to the game speed.

When I try these sliders on SLOW and FAST game speed the animations don't really show up.

When I play with these same sliders on NORMAL the animations do show up. I'm going to keep trying on NORMAL gamespeed. I like that when I press the A button or X (PS4) my HB sticks his arm out to do the stiff arm animation. On SLOW or FAST he doesn't stick his arm out.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggs99
I think the juke animations and stiff arm animations are tied to the game speed.

When I try these sliders on SLOW and FAST game speed the animations don't really show up.

When I play with these same sliders on NORMAL the animations do show up. I'm going to keep trying on NORMAL gamespeed. I like that when I press the A button or X (PS4) my HB sticks his arm out to do the stiff arm animation. On SLOW or FAST he doesn't stick his arm out.
Would be interested to see your stats with these on normal
Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #101
Rookie

Been doing a lot of testing the last two days in CFM with different teams to bring different styles into play. My main goal was to take away some of the shootouts and increase punting and I am now seeing improvements in both areas.

Changes (first post is updated)

Passing game - First, I wanted to increase the speed you need to make reads as a HUM QB and also get a few more errant throws, as in the prior version, if your feet were set and you threw on time you hit your windows. Dropping both QB accuracy and PB for humans now makes you focus on both a pre-snap read and a quicker post snap read (Still no audibles allowed ) Now, even when you feet are set, you will get an occasional throw that forces a receiver to lunge or slow down, which I like.

I would also recommend you do not hesitate to scramble or throw the ball away if your first and second reads are covered as you go through your progressions, as you will not always have time to go to the third read and forcing a ball takes bigger risks now. I also dropped the CPU QB accuracy and PB a hair, while raising HUM coverage to 70, just to make the CPU make a decision quicker and penalize the CPU QB for not throwing on time. Very subtle change, but will come into pl 2-3 times over the course of a game.

Run game - Didn't take anything off CPU RB, but if you want to take just a hair off RB I would put at 98. 22 HUM tackle still interacts well with this, but this cuts down on some of the average to good backs punishing you. I am still getting good games based on calling suggested plays which is why I am leaving at 100. I also lowered HUM RB to 20, which may not be popular, but hear me out The blocks still develop well, you just have to really focus on reading where the defenders eyes appear and being patient. If you do this look to cut back and finish runs, you will still run well enough (Isaiah Crowell ran for 84 averaging 4.2 against Tenn in my last game)

Lastly CPU receivers were not dropping balls on heavy contact much, so a slight drop to 54 here. Again, maybe 1-2 balls a game difference.

So still getting sustained drives, a few big plays here and there, but seeing more punts from both sides. Hopefully this will be a sustainable set you only need to tweak as you get better. Enjoy and thanks to those testing!

Last edited by BYU 14; 09-23-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #102
Rookie

Had a real solid game trying to resurrect the Browns franchise, though I turned it over on downs twice inside the 10 and the first time the Raiders then took it 99 yards to turn a 17-7 game into a 24-7 beatdown. Typicla old school Raiders in the end, grind it on the ground and take some shots down field.

Browns (me) 7 Raiders 24
First downs: 15/16
Total yards: 288/380
Rushing: 135/116
Passing: 153/264
Turnovers: 0/0
Penalties: 2-15/1-10
Sacks: 1/3

Passing
Manziel 17-26 177 0 TD,0 Int
Carr 16-21 269 2 TD, 0 Int

Rushing
Crowell 18-98, West 3-15
Helu 20-69, Murray 11-41

Receiving
Barnidge 4-39, Bowe 4-27
Cooper 5-50, Streater 3-83
Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Been doing a lot of testing the last two days in CFM with different teams to bring different styles into play. My main goal was to take away some of the shootouts and increase punting and I am now seeing improvements in both areas.

Changes (first post is updated)

Passing game - First, I wanted to increase the speed you need to make reads as a HUM QB and also get a few more errant throws, as in the prior version, if your feet were set and you threw on time you hit your windows. Dropping both QB accuracy and PB for humans now makes you focus on both a pre-snap read and a quicker post snap read (Still no audibles allowed ) Now, even when you feet are set, you will get an occasional throw that forces a receiver to lunge or slow down, which I like.

I would also recommend you do not hesitate to scramble or throw the ball away if your first and second reads are covered as you go through your progressions, as you will not always have time to go to the third read and forcing a ball takes bigger risks now. I also dropped the CPU QB accuracy and PB a hair, while raising HUM coverage to 70, just to make the CPU make a decision quicker and penalize the CPU QB for not throwing on time. Very subtle change, but will come into pl 2-3 times over the course of a game.

Run game - Didn't take anything off CPU RB, but if you want to take just a hair off RB I would put at 98. 22 HUM tackle still interacts well with this, but this cuts down on some of the average to good backs punishing you. I am still getting good games based on calling suggested plays which is why I am leaving at 100. I also lowered HUM RB to 20, which may not be popular, but hear me out The blocks still develop well, you just have to really focus on reading where the defenders eyes appear and being patient. If you do this look to cut back and finish runs, you will still run well enough (Isaiah Crowell ran for 84 averaging 4.2 against Tenn in my last game)

Lastly CPU receivers were not dropping balls on heavy contact much, so a slight drop to 54 here. Again, maybe 1-2 balls a game difference.

So still getting sustained drives, a few big plays here and there, but seeing more punts from both sides. Hopefully this will be a sustainable set you only need to tweak as you get better. Enjoy and thanks to those testing!

I'll make the changes and post my stats ASAP.

Thanks again.

Edit: Do these seem to work the same in Play Now vs CFM? I know in past years Madden sliders seemed to work differently when playing Practice field, vs Play Now, vs CFM.

Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-23-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemaggs99
I'll make the changes and post my stats ASAP.

Thanks again.

Edit: Do these seem to work the same in Play Now vs CFM? I know in past years Madden sliders seemed to work differently when playing Practice field, vs Play Now, vs CFM.
Cool, eager to see what you get.

I find these play way different in play now vs. CFM. In play now these almost give the CPU too much of an advantage. The confidence system and progression really throws off sliders that work in play now IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »