For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Updated hum pass blocking and CPU WR catching in first post. Too many balls getting jarred loose on CPU receivers and I wanted to increase the pressure on Hum QB's as 48 was too much time to throw.

Also bumped CPU pass block back down to 53, this seems the best option as 54 dropped pressure too much and if you have heady QBs they will scramble and/or throw the ball away before sitting in the pocket too long, others, they deserve to be sacked for holding the ball (Again, I am not controlling a pass rusher)

Going to hold off on penalty tweaks (getting 4-8 total a game) until CFM patched as I feel going up 5 for play now is too much.

Also holding off on fumbles, I am getting 0-2 a game at default, but that is about right as fumbles lost per game in 2014 ranged from 0.1 (Minnesota) to 0.9. (Philly, Dallas, Indy and Giants) I think things may be fine here, as long as it averages out over a 16 game sample, which for me it has been.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #26
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Great sliders!! Your right, pro is the way to go.i had sets for all pro and all madden and found that it was to unreliable from typical situations. This was from tackling to pass coverage to poor o- line pass blocking. Great job on these... I'm going to play with the penalty sliders just to see if it adds more dynamic animations . Such as increasing defensive holding as not so much to trigger a penalty, but to trigger that animation at the line.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Great sliders!! Your right, pro is the way to go.i had sets for all pro and all madden and found that it was to unreliable from typical situations. This was from tackling to pass coverage to poor o- line pass blocking. Great job on these... I'm going to play with the penalty sliders just to see if it adds more dynamic animations . Such as increasing defensive holding as not so much to trigger a penalty, but to trigger that animation at the line.
Thanks Brooke, would love to see some results if you don't mind posting them.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Started a test CFM with latest set after more testing. Opening game was an epic defensive struggle with the 49ers and here is what I like best about this game. I knocked Kaepernick out three times for varying amounts of time and when Gabbert came in the AI went much more conservative than it did with Kap, which made their running game much less effective. They were averaging a little over 4 YPC with Kap in and went to under 3 with Gabbert, tense game to the end as I didn't get in the end zone until less than 4 minutes remained.

Vikings (me) 10 49ers 7
Total offense: 310 to 229
Rushing: 78 to 73 (Yeah they bottled up AP quite well)
Passing: 232 to 156
Turnovers: 2 to 3
Penalties: 3-87 to 2-10
Sacks: 0 to 2 (My first game with no sacks, but I made Kap move around)

Individual
Rushing
Peterson Min: 24-78 (Really never got loose, longest run was 11 yds)
Hyde SF: 20-67 (Again, over 4 YPC with Kap in)

Passing
Bridgewater Min: 30-44, 248 yards 1 TD, 2 Int (Lowering PB made me get rid of it much quicker, which affected the deep game)
Kaepernick SF: 11-16, 156 yards 1 TD, 2 Int
Gabbert SF: 0-3, 0 yards 1 Int (play selection went from about 60/40 pass with Kap, to 70/30 run with Gabbert and they went 3 and out all 4 of his drives.

Really liking the variety I am getting game to game, but I have concerns about how stable these sliders will be long term in CFM, so much more testing needed.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

Through 3 Quarters with new set in CFM

Ariz 35 Me
Saints 24

Plays well. CPU running game needs a little work.

Pass defense on both sides needs some work. Either tighter pass D or quicker rush.

Palmer 14-22-184-2-0
Jackson 17-74-1
Floyd 4-85-1

Leading tackler Washington 8

Brees 19-24-272-3-1
Ingram 12-41
Spiller 2-1
Toon 6-1056

Leading tackler Byrd 8

Some of the pass catches are me trying out new defense rotation coverages.

Need to tighten up zone defense of coverage because I don't want to have to call man defense which plays very well in this game all day. I think if you can get to the quarterback quicker it will help pass defense out a lot.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #30
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I personally think you guys worried too much about penalties and settling for bare minimum results

I would rather see 6-10 penalties per game as opposed to 2-4 especially on this level where players should be exposed to mistakes.

The penalties no longer effects the gameplay sliders so cranking them up really does no Harm especially since they can be adjusted based on user preference
Old 08-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
Rookie

That is a good point and if the ultimate goal is realism then we need to look at increasing these. The NFL team average went from 4.5 per game to almost 8, so I suppose jacking them up 3-5 each for most is worth testing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22

Need to tighten up zone defense of coverage because I don't want to have to call man defense which plays very well in this game all day. I think if you can get to the quarterback quicker it will help pass defense out a lot.
This should be were reaction comes in and could probably use a slight boost for both Hum and CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »