For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #33
Bronco Nation

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Ok, I dunno if I need to go up to All-Pro, but I just cant seem to stop blowing out teams. Here are my stats for a Play it Now game:

Passing:
Pats 258 Broncos(Me) 243

Manning was 22-27 for 243 and 5tds

Brady was 20-32 for 258 and 2 ints

Rushing:
Pats
29 Broncos 158

CJ Anderson had 29 carries for 149

Blount had 12 carries for 29

The CPU will start to light me up passing, but as the game goes on it gets worse. Brady was on fire, 11-12 for 199yrds in the first half, only to finish with 258 for the game. My D all of a sudden got stout and stopped everything and I do mean nearly everything. It was nice, and I can live with 258 yards passing, however the CPU D cant stop me.

I will struggle with the run at first, but then I find the holes and start running like there is no tomorrow. Not to mention A LOT of broken tackles. I like to run, it chews the clock and is more authentic to the plans for my Broncos this year.

Passing is too simple, I could seriously shred the D for 400 yards if I really wanted too. I just find myself running the ball on downs when a pass is needed so I have a better chance of punting to keep the score down.

Help would be appreciated on recommendations I should try. I would like it where I can go three and out, or sustain a decent drive only for the D to hold and I stall out. I really dont know if the Pats D is just THAT bad, or if I need to bump it up to all pro.

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #34
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
This should be were reaction comes in and could probably use a slight boost for both Hum and CPU
Move that slider up and then force the human player to make quicker reads by reducing both pass and run block sliders down.

Try to give the reaction slider a cushion over the wr catch slider because by default the humab wr is going to have clear advantage of the defense when it comes to finding the open spot vs zone.

I would also consider utilizing the int slider higher for cpu and lower for human. This should penalize anyone playing with average qbs who are enhancing that qbs skill ratings because of their stick skills.

Once a human player takes control of any qb in madden you can throw true ratings out the window because it will no longer apply
Old 08-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #35
Rookie

Torvar's Arena

OVR: 0

can we get a update on the sliders please
Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #36
Rookie

Updated sliders in post 1, adjusted CPU and Hum reaction to make throwing into zone a bigger challenge and upped run blocking for CPU so they can sustain a ground game. Minor adj to human pass blocking.

Also slight drop to Hum accuracy and 1 click up to CPU WR catching. I don't want to make the Hum pass game fully dependent on getting rid of the ball too quickly, so nudging accuracy just a tad.

Will look at penalty sliders for CFM next to get another 3-6 penalties total per game, as they currently net 4-7 per game.

Last edited by BYU 14; 08-30-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #37
Rookie

Torvar's Arena

ok thanks great work on these now how do these sliders work for siming games. I was just wondering as I'm doing a Owner and a Coach on Cfm and I'm siming the Owner games.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvar
ok thanks great work on these now how do these sliders work for siming games. I was just wondering as I'm doing a Owner and a Coach on Cfm and I'm siming the Owner games.
I haven't tested the straight sim part, but I never control a player on defense, so I can tell you on that part (you just watching and calling plays) they are pretty solid.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #39
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm going to post my settings for comparison by weeks end.....

I'm strictly testing on slow speed and I wanted to give the game a full two weeks before sharing because constant change doesn't really allow for consistency.

I would say so far CPU pass Block is solid between 50-55 and Run Block would range between 70-75.

My base foundation is 55 Pass Block and 70 Run Block for CPU with Human base settings being 45 Pass Block and 45 run block.....

I spent the 1st week with default 50 settings for human and i'll spend the next week testing between 40-45 don't want to dummy down the OL or stray too far away from 50.

The Fumble slider can also be utilized to tone down human running game and increasing the player speed threshold on slow might be the direction we want to go in order to keep games tighter.

In NCAA I prefer 0 threshold for more wide open play but in Madden without getting too scientific with the sliders i'd say 100 threshold would be a good starting point and then lower if needed.

Keep up the good work BYU
Old 08-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

I tested speed at 60.. Sweet spot might be between 55-75

Will test more after work tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »