For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-31-2015, 01:09 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Playmakers, I know that you typically utilize coach mode as your gameplay. Will the set that you are developing be geared towards that style of play? Thanks man...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #42
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Playmakers, I know that you typically utilize coach mode as your gameplay. Will the set that you are developing be geared towards that style of play? Thanks man...
I spend a lot time in coach mode for NCAA Football

In Madden I usually prefer Human vs CPU unless the sliders are broken (which has been the case in recent years) then I'll start reverting to Coach Mode.

I will most likely let someone else figure out Coach Mode settings this year and then modify their sliders towards some Classic rosters I plan to work on down the road.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:50 PM   #43
Rookie

The king of kings's Arena

So far theses sliders have worked good for me in my test cfm. I can't post the stats right now cuz I'm not at home but the two games I played

Det(me) 22 jets 14
This game was back and fourth all game

Pitt(me) 27 jags 3

The jags D held me to 13 points for 3qtrs I scored 2tds in the 4th one on a long drive ran it in from the 1. And the other on a 44yrd bomb after they turned the ball over to me when they went for it on 4th down inside of 2mins.

Still going to do more testing maybe have to bump the cpu run game up a little as it seems they both struggled to run the ball against me. And the hum run game down at times it seemed to easy to run
Old 08-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #44
Bronco Nation

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Just finished a slobberknocker of a game, real close one...FINALLY! All I did was raise reaction time to 55 (will go a little higher my next game, prolly around 57), pass coverage to 55 (going to 57 on my next game for this as well) and brought tackling back up to 50 which cut down on excessive broken tackles.

I dont know really if it was the Seahawks D being superior, or the slider adjustments, but I actually did get picked on a overthrown ball and was pressured like crazy. I was still able to complete over 77% of my passes, but I just attribute that to Manning being Manning...hope thats not too delusional.

Running game was still easy, so I am thinking of a run block drop and an increase in reaction time as stated above. I find the holes being opened as linbackers are just not jumping fast enough and the guards and tackles getting to the second level too fast.

Testing my increases later, will post later on the results.

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 PM   #45
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I've gone up to 60-65 Pass Reaction for the CPU with INT at 50 vs Human Pass Block at 40-45 and WR Catch 40-45.

Now I'm looking into possibly lowering QBA

Another testing I've done is leave all CPU Sliders at default 50 and just tweak the Human sliders downward because the Human players aren't really effected in terms of skills that much....

Your still controlling the RB and Qb on offense and one defender on defense if you utilize the "No Switch Rule"

The Human OL can be dominate on Pro if you leave them at default 50 for both Pass and Run Block.

So in order to even up the playing field I would suggest reducing those sliders as the starting point...

The problem is I'm having a hard time deciding which direction I want to go as the base settings.

Also, playing with a higher player speed disparity for right now...
Old 08-31-2015, 11:05 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just played my first game with those sliders and I have to say, they're definitely an upgrade over the default sliders.

I only played with 8 Minute Quarters and 20 sec rundown and also put the User Run Blocking up to 60 as I wasn't seeing any land running the football already with it at 50.

Anyways, so here's my game:

Buffalo (me) 23 - Baltimore 17

Rushing 140 - 62
Passing 196 - 204
First downs 16 -10
Turnovers 2 - 0
Penalties 1(10) - 2(59)
Possession 19:43 - 16:59

Tyrod Taylor 86.2 - 13/25, 3 TD, 2 INT
Joe Flacco 114.9 - 21/27, 1 TD, 0 INT

McCoy 17 Atts for 87 yds
Forsett 10 Atts for 62 yds, 1 Fumble

Pitta 7 for 78 yds
Rest is not worthy mentioning as none other receiver had more than 4 receptions or 60 yds

The game itself was really intense, I kept the Ravens to a three and out because of a costly holding penalty and then marched down field to end the first quarter with a TD pass.
Then in the second and third quarter, I wasnt able to muster any sort of offense and also threw two picks. The bright side was that I was able to keep Baltimore to a field goal in each of those quarters.
That continued in the fourth as just like before, the Ravens marched down field but I was able to stop them for yet another field goal.
I then added a field goal myself to go up again 10-9.
THen with a minute left in the game, Flacco passes to Taliaferro, I miss an open field tackle and hes gone for a 51 yard touchdown. They add the 2 point conversion to make it 10-17.
With not much left on the clock i throw two incompletions on hail maries before taking off for a 35 yard scramble and run out of bounds in Ravens territory with 4 seconds left on the clock.
Last play, Thompson actually hauls in the Hail Mary pass from Taylor in the endzone, there was a DFI call on the play aswell which I obviously denied. Extra Point on top and we go to Overtime.
I win the coin toss, march down field and actually get the touchdown on a 15 yard pass to Jackson, Game is over.

The game sounds good but while playing it, there were a few things I noticed, of course I have yet to play more games to see if those things are always the case:
Joe Flacco was Robo QB early, starting out 9/9. On top of that, i wasnt able to generate any pressure on him at all.
While I ended the game with 4 sacks, the majority of those came with Flacco simply standing in the pocket for so long that it eventually collapsed. Besides that, i was hardly rushing him or anything.

But whats worse is the unwillingness to throw downfield. Its not a secret that the CPU doesnt like to take a shot downfield but this was a new level, if it wasn't for the 51 yard TD(which was a short pass broken for a huge gain), Flaccos longest pass would have probably been around 10 yards.

Besides that I had a feeling of the game being slightly unfair, it seemed like the CPU always had things going its way on offence, whether that was that there was always one wide open receiver while the ravens defenders stuck like glue on my wideouts or Forsett running past a blocker without my lineman disengaging and tackling him while when I did that, the ravens linemen always disengaged and tackled me.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've gone up to 60-65 Pass Reaction for the CPU with INT at 50 vs Human Pass Block at 40-45 and WR Catch 40-45.

Now I'm looking into possibly lowering QBA

Another testing I've done is leave all CPU Sliders at default 50 and just tweak the Human sliders downward because the Human players aren't really effected in terms of skills that much....

Your still controlling the RB and Qb on offense and one defender on defense if you utilize the "No Switch Rule"

The Human OL can be dominate on Pro if you leave them at default 50 for both Pass and Run Block.

So in order to even up the playing field I would suggest reducing those sliders as the starting point...

The problem is I'm having a hard time deciding which direction I want to go as the base settings.

Also, playing with a higher player speed disparity for right now...

I dropped Pass Acc to 35
Old 09-01-2015, 12:05 AM   #48
Rookie

As I go back and forth between play now and CFM, I am getting the feeling that things are really off with the sliders in CFM. The more extreme I make them in this mode, the more they have the opposite effect.

This is becoming readily apparent with both CPU run blocking and Hum pass accuracy. In play now the sliders mostly do what I want, but in CFM at 38 accuracy, Teddy Bridgewater is throwing better than ever and the CPU run game gets stuffed more the higher I go. Another big issue I am seeing with the CPU run game, especially from shotgun, is the backs do not run to the holes as they open up, but seem to always try and stretch or bounce it outside, even when the defense has set the edge. Some small samples, but CFM is clearly not playing the same as play now with these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »