Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

It is a documented fact that the Play now sliders work.. But will not play the same in CFM.. They are supposed to be the same according to EA, but it is quite obvious they are not.. The only way you are going to get a set of sliders for CFM is to create a franchise and play different games. Play a game with equal teams.. Then play a few with a strong offense Vs a weak defense, then vise versa. All you can hope for in the end is somewhat balanced and consistent.. The problem is ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.. Even a bad team can win.. Look at the Browns.. And then, right after we get them close.. The patch is gonna change everything.. So now is just a good time to experiment. If they fix player goals, tone down the Hot streaks, fix subs, and tuning data.. it will change everything. I believe that is why EA has recommended not to start a franchise until after the patch.. As it is, Play now and CFM are two completely different games.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Though I've moved back to default All Pro I have a question. The primary difference between Play Now and CFM is the affects of Confidence correct? If so, why wouldn't great Play Now sliders work in CFM?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #51
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
After reading through the "Am I the only one playing on pro" thread, I decided to spend the morning doing some experimenting and was pleasantly surprised, after spending the first few days playing on all-pro. These won't be for everyone, as I am in the 50+ crowd and not the greatest on the sticks anymore, but I am finding that playing on pro is making what was already an enjoyable experience even more so.

Great to see the Pro sliders getting some love. I was getting a little frustrated on All-Pro, even dialing it back a bit, but Pro default is too easy. I'll give these a try when I get home (unless my 2-yr old makes me watch Tinker Bell again).

Did you go to BYU? I graduated from there in '08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #52
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
As I go back and forth between play now and CFM, I am getting the feeling that things are really off with the sliders in CFM. The more extreme I make them in this mode, the more they have the opposite effect.

This is becoming readily apparent with both CPU run blocking and Hum pass accuracy. In play now the sliders mostly do what I want, but in CFM at 38 accuracy, Teddy Bridgewater is throwing better than ever and the CPU run game gets stuffed more the higher I go. Another big issue I am seeing with the CPU run game, especially from shotgun, is the backs do not run to the holes as they open up, but seem to always try and stretch or bounce it outside, even when the defense has set the edge. Some small samples, but CFM is clearly not playing the same as play now with these sliders.
The sliders do work, you just have to take into account the extreme ratings boost players get in CFM right now because of the drive goals bug.

I used your sliders from a few days ago before you recently updated and they worked as I went three and out, when before that was rare. Once I got going, the boosts were coming around like crazy which caused me to over power everyone.

Trust me, the sliders work.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
Great to see the Pro sliders getting some love. I was getting a little frustrated on All-Pro, even dialing it back a bit, but Pro default is too easy. I'll give these a try when I get home (unless my 2-yr old makes me watch Tinker Bell again).

Did you go to BYU? I graduated from there in '08.

Thank you, let me know how you like them.

Did not, but my connection is playing HS ball against Jim McMahon when he was at Roy. I got to know him off the field and have followed them since he went there. As a long time HS coach I appreciate the fact that the Cougs do things the right way, lot's of respect for the program!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #54
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

That's cool! He must have been awesome in high school.

I am having technical difficulties with Madden right now, so I haven't been able to test the sliders yet. For some dumb reason, I decided to reinstall it, and now it keeps crashing

Old 09-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Playmaker- are you any closer to having a posted set yet?

I've been fiddling around with quarterback accuracy at about 30 both ways and even with Peyton Manning you can't just put the ball in tight windows with reaction and interception at about 60-65 or you will pay for it.

CPU just needs a little boost, but playing pro on player lock with slow plays a very beautiful game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Playmaker- are you any closer to having a posted set yet?

I've been fiddling around with quarterback accuracy at about 30 both ways and even with Peyton Manning you can't just put the ball in tight windows with reaction and interception at about 60-65 or you will pay for it.

CPU just needs a little boost, but playing pro on player lock with slow plays a very beautiful game.
What are your Int numbers with int at 60+? I am at 38 right now for hum on OB accuracy, but again I am going to look at keeping CPU at default in CFM for CPU and dropping human significantly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »