For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
What are your Int numbers with int at 60+? I am at 38 right now for hum on OB accuracy, but again I am going to look at keeping CPU at default in CFM for CPU and dropping human significantly
1-2 a game. You just can't throw the ball into tight widows or be lazy on out routes
Old 09-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for doing these sliders. I had been looking for a set of Pro sliders and I went with these, since they were the only ones I found.

I am 2 games into my franchise as the Saints, using these sliders.

First game against the Cardinals I won in OT. I believe the score was something like 48-42. I couldn't stop Palmer at all. I kept their running game in check, but my secondary got burnt multiple times. On offense I put up some pretty decent numbers. Brees had around 300 yards passing and all together my backs rushed for about 150.

My second game against the Bucs, I dominated. Won 42-20 I believe. Winston was pretty shaky. He ended up with close to 300 yards passing, but was only about 50% which was way better than Palmers 80% in week 1. I struggled at times on offense passing, but not enough for the game to be close. I held Doug Martin to under 20 yards rushing.

Here are my thoughts on the sliders so far...

My completion percentage is way up, but this probably has to do more with me being very safe in the passing game. I don't take many chances down field at all, so regardless of the sliders my completion percent will always be up.

Rushing offense is on point. I'm not running all over people, but if I stick to the rushing game I will get my yardage.

The first slider set I played with had WRs drop wide open passes. Not having issues with this set.

Penalties are set perfectly in my opinion.

On defense I am struggling in the passing game to stop people. In my first game I got burnt 4-5 times deep. I got burnt a few times versus Tampa Bay. This may have more to do with a weak secondary than anything else though.

Run defense....in both games combined I don't think I gave up 100 yards rushing. If teams were running for 100+ on me I would lose every game because of what I'm giving up in the passing game. I would like to find a happy medium, where good QBs can't pass at will and I shut down every running game. I haven't played against a good back either though, so this may change in future games.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #59
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Playmaker- are you any closer to having a posted set yet?

I've been fiddling around with quarterback accuracy at about 30 both ways and even with Peyton Manning you can't just put the ball in tight windows with reaction and interception at about 60-65 or you will pay for it.

CPU just needs a little boost, but playing pro on player lock with slow plays a very beautiful game.
Hopefully by this weekend...

I've decided my 1st set will be built around default 50 sliders for CPU.

That means I'm only changing Human Sliders to see what type of results I get based on reducing Human sliders downward.

But there is a little more detail behind this 1st set.....

I'm going through the default roster ratings that I think translates to each slider in the game to determine a range of setting for the human player on Pro Level.

These averages are calculated using the lowest rated players in the game because on Pro level the CPU is already at a disadvantage the moment the human player picks up the controller.

Without going into too much detail I believe the Catch rating + Catch In Traffic Rating should be used combined together to provide a solid base setting for the Human Catch slider.

Based on those numbers my initial Human Wr Catch slider on this level will be 44 or 45 as the average of those two ratings came out to be 44.5 based on EA's stock rosters.

The Fumble Slider is handled by averaging out the following 7 ratings because all ratings play a factor into this Slider:

29.4 Trucking
27.0 Elusiveness
36.2 Ball Carry Vision (This rating doesn't really effect the Human player who controls the RB but it was factored into the base settings average)
25.8 Stiff Arm
36.2 Spin Move
40.2 Juke Move
51.6 Carrying

Fumble Slider will be 35 for me which I feel will also separate the guys who do fumble from the guys who don't on this level.

This could also lead to some turnovers off of QB sacks or guys who are aggressive going after YAC.....

QBA is based on Short, Medium, Deep and Throw on the Run ratings (QB Ratings only this year)

I take the average and Divide it by 2 for the Human player setting 30.75 = 30 or 31 setting for me

You can also use this logic to increase the difficulty of Pro Level by averaging out the top rated players and applying that same approach to the CPU sliders because lets be real here that's all EA does to increase the CPU performance on All Madden level is they boost up their ratings even the average the joe smoe gets a ratings boost on that level at the end of the day.

So those are just examples of things I'm trying to do with the sliders since they are back to being normal again for gameplay.

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-02-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #60
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I've updated my Initial Human Base Sliders

All CPU Sliders remain at DEFAULT 50 for now until I decide if I want to boost their ratings up to All-Pro or All Madden ability without changing the actual Level of gameplay.

The CPU doesn't get any smarter IMO from one level to another they just get a increased skill boost by EA in order to make the difficulty change based on the level.

That's just the way EA operates with their sports games now days very little time is actually dedicated to Offline CPU AI....

Games are more geared towards Head to Head Online or Off Line Tournament play where the Human Players dictate their own competitive experiences.

Basically you can increase Sliders to Maximum settings for a stiffer challenge on any level and Pro Level is no different to be honest.

For example if you want the CPU to establish a deadly ground game all you really need to do is boost up Run Blocking and Fumble Slider while also reducing Human Tackling Slider it really isn't Rocket Science it just comes down to the individual player be willing to make changes on their own that fit their skill set.

Now having said I that plan on sticking with my approach to utilize the actual in game ratings to finalize a stable base set of Sliders.

After almost two weeks I've determined that the following Sliders for the CPU mainly hold them back on this level Run Blocking and Pass Reaction.

The initial reaction would be to Jack those Sliders up higher but I still need a few more days to determine what values I feel comfortable with while not inflating the actual sliders to boost players up beyond their true ability.

Another suggestion is to leave all CPU Sliders at Default for the long haul and simply just continue to modify the Human Sliders downward if needed because our skill set is really what dictates any slider set being stable long term as we master the game.

This is what EA Stock Rosters averaged out to be for this level based on the lowest rated players at each position that I utilized to create a base setting:

QBA = 30.8 or Slider value of 30-31
(Used the following ratings and then divided by 2 to compensate for Human Player in control of QB on the field)
Short-65
Med-63
Dac-50
Throw on Run-68

Pass Block = 51.3 or Slider value of 50-51
(Used the following PBK Ratings for the following Positions)
RB-22
FB-52
WR-14
TE-44
LT-69
LG-67
C-64
RG-65
RT-65

WR Catch =44.5 or Slider value of 44-45
(Used the following ratings for Catch + CIT)
RB
FB
WR
TE
The average Catch rating was 51.75 and the average CIT rating was 37.25 combined together avg 44.5

Run Block = 53.5 or 53-54 Slider Value

(Used the following ratings Run Block + IMPACT Block of the following positions)
RB-21/25
FB-54/50
WR-30/20
TE-58/50
LT-71/58
LG-68/63
C-68/62
RG-71/62
RT-70/64

The Run Block rating was 56.7 vs IMPACT Block rating 50.4 for all positions listed above combined together average out to 53.5

***CPU Run Blocking may eventually get bumped up based on just the average of the OL only in order to improve their Run Game for this Level*******

Fumble Slider = 35.2 or 35
(Used the following Ratings Carry, Truck, Elusiveness, Stiff Arm, Spin Move, Juke Move & Ball Carrier Vision of the following positions to determine Slider)
QB
RB
FB
WR
TE

Combined Average Ratings for each position listed
Carrying-51.6
Trucking-29.4
Elusiveness-27
Stiff Arm-25.8
Spin Move-36.2
Juke Move-40.2
Ball Carrier Vision-36.2 (This was factored into average but Human player controls this rating on the field when you take control of RB)

Pass Reaction Slider = 40
(Used Play Recognition of the following Positions)
SS-39
FS-40
CB-40
ROLB-39
MLB-40
LOLB-39

INT Slider = 35.1 or Slider value 35
(Used the average Catch Rating for the Following Positions)
SS-41
FS-47
CB-39
ROLB-25
MLB-30
LOLB-29

PASS Coverage = 50
(Used Man vs Zone Coverage for the Following positions to determine average)
SS-47/60
FS-49/62
CB-65/67
ROLB-25/35
MLB-40/55
LOLB-40/50

TACKLE = 53 or 54
(Used the following ratings TKL, HIT POWER, BLK SHED & PURSUIT for each position listed below to determine average)

TACKLE-58.4
SS-52
FS-49
CB-35
ROLB-60
MLB-68
LOLB-65
DT-67
RE-65
LE-65

HIT POWER-46.6
SS-44
FS-45
CB-15
ROLB-65
MLB-69
LOLB-65

BLK SHED-51
SS-42
FS-38
CB-30
ROLB-55
MLB-55
LOLB-57
DT-62
RE-59
LE-61

PURSUIT-59.4
SS-54
FS-55
CB-45
ROLB-65
MLB-69
LOLB-65
DT-56
RE-62
LE-64
----------------------------------------------------------
INITIAL HUMAN BASE SETTINGS

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS
Skill Level-Pro

QTR Length 12 (Optional if you prefer longer QTR's/Games)

Acc Clock-On/Minimum Play Clock Time-15 Seconds

Injuries-TBD

Fatigue-55

Game Speed-Slow

Player Min Speed Threshold-65

Penalties
Everything Default for right now until complete base set is finished

House Rules
(NO SWITCH ON DEFENSE CONTROL ONE DEFENDER AND NO MANUAL CATCHING ON OFFENSE)

HUMAN SLIDERS
QBA 30
PASS BLK 50
WR Catch 45
RUN BLK 50
FUMBLES 35
REACTION TIME 40 (This Slider IMO allows the CPU AI QB to read the defense and increase the likelihood of him taking some shots deep)
INTERCEPTIONS 35
PASS COVERAGE 50
TACKLING 50

Special Teams

FG POWER 40
FG ACCUARCY 35
PUNT POWER 40
PUNT ACCURACY 40
KICKOFF POWER 50

CPU SLIDERS
QBA 50
PASS BLK 50
WR Catch 50
RUN BLK 50
FUMBLES 50
REACTION TIME 50
INTERCEPTIONS 50
PASS COVERAGE 50
TACKLING 50

Special Teams

FG POWER 50
FG ACCUARCY 50
PUNT POWER 50
PUNT ACCURACY 50
KICKOFF POWER 50

AUTO SUBS (TBD)

In order to not hi-jack BYU's thread which I appreciate him starting up for this level moving forward I will post my updates/changes over at VSN in the following link:
http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...81#post2791781

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-02-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:56 PM   #61
Rookie

I am doing some testing in CFM only focused on a concept of related sliders adding up to 100 for both CPU and Hum and had some interesting result so far. Too early to post, but will have something up by Friday.

I have actually managed to get a semblance of a running game from the CPU and kept things challenging for the human player.

It seems going too extreme in CFM mode causes almost the revers effect and I know CFM needs some serious tweaking with the player boosts right now, but I am hoping to tune these to counteract that.

Also ager to try your tweaks as well PM
Old 09-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #62
Rookie

Re: For those of us playing on Pro CFM (sliders and style)

Version 1.0 for CFM now updated on OP. I know there is a patch coming, but I wanted to have a baseline to use when that does happen and I think this is pretty close.

PM already has a great set for play now, so I am hoping for some feedback here.

A couple of unusual things you will notice. Pass reaction is under 50 for Hum and coverage way up, I think this is better than the slight "warps" you get with reaction raised up and has given me varying, though realistic results. QB's get hot, go cold, sometimes complete just over 50%, sometimes over 70%.

Also tackling slider for Hum. CPU running game is biggest challenge in Pro right now IMO and this may yield a higher number of broken tackles than normal, but will closer to realistic YPC on good and bad running teams when combined with run block settings.

Last edited by BYU 14; 09-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #63
Rookie

I should add too, no manual catching with these
Old 09-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #64
Rookie

Updated first post to version 1.1. These give a really nice experience in CFM mode and the games are challenging and fun. Hoping this is the last of the tweaks needed pending the patch. Would appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »