Home

For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a discussion on For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post patch Pro sliders - CFM

After reading through the "Am I the only one playing on pro" thread, I decided to spend the morning doing some experimenting and was pleasantly surprised, after spending the first few days playing on all-pro. These won't be for everyone, as I am in the 50+ crowd and not the greatest on the sticks anymore, but I am finding that playing on pro is making what was already an enjoyable experience even more so.

How I play Madden
This part does have some impact as I play with some rules and only control players on offense.
  • On both offense and defense I go with suggested play and only pick a play from the 3 presented. (Strategy only) This stops me from using go to plays and gets me out of my comfort zone and making choices from plays that I sometimes don't like at all.
  • On defense I do not control any players or call audibles. The only interaction I have here is shifting the D-Line/LBers/secondary one way of the other. I will also have the Dline crash a certain way or edge rush and the secondary show blitz or bail. Apart from that I just watch.
  • Offensively I do not call audibles, which the exception of changing the side the play will go to.
General game settings (CFM)
Auto Strafe: On
Heat Seeker Assist: Off (Since I don't switch or control D)
Defense Assist: Off
Coin Toss: User preference
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Play Call Style: Slim
Camera Toggle: On
Skill Level: Pro
Coaching Tips: Off
Game Speed: Slow
Ball Hawk: On
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 19 seconds

Injury and fatigue both at 60

Speed parity: 46
Offensive camera: I toggle to zoom for run and standard for pass (User preference)
Defensive camera: Standard

Penalties
All on default except
Offside and false start 63, Off holding 61, DPI 53, Block in back, OPI and defensive holding 51

***Updated 09/25/15 CFM ***

Latest tweaks from to bring a bit more defense into it and I have tested with multiple teams in CFM. You will still get some high scoring games here and there, but overall will see a lot more punting and you will need to make your reads in the passing game quicker - Enjoy and thans to everyone trying these (Changes in Red)

USER/CPU Sliders (Tuner must be deleted)

QB Acc: 19/44
Pass Blk: 28/50
WR Catch: 48/54
Run Blk: 16/98
Fumbles: 50/50
Reaction: 42/50
Interceptions: 25/35
Pass Cov: 74/92
Tackling: 22/48
FG Power: 50/50
FG Acc: 40/40
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Acc: 40/40
Kick Off Power: 50

Auto Subs
OFFENSE
QB OUT/IN: 1/5
RB OUT/IN: 80/86
WR OUT/IN: 35/41
FB/TE OUT/IN: 30/35
OL OUT/IN: 3/8

DEFENSE
DT OUT/IN: 68/74
DE OUT/IN: 55/62
LB OUT/IN: 50/55
CB OUT/IN: 21/28
S OUT/IN: 21/28

Original Play now version 1.2 under spoiler tab
Spoiler

Last edited by BYU 14; 09-27-2015 at 11:20 PM. Reason: title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: For those of us playing on Pro (sliders and style)

This is a good thread i will dump all my information into here since I'm going to be tweaking Pro Level.

However I'm using slow speed but you can actually force the Human player to speed up his reaction time by increasing some CPU defensive sliders even without over inflating them....

I'm shooting to maintain the great animations that slow speed provide

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Last two games with version 1 of these sliders. These last two games were against the Rams (slightly better ratings than my Vikings) and Jets (slightly worse)

Rams 26 Vikings (me) 21

Total yards
Rams: 396
Vikings: 376

Passing
Rams: 292
Vikings: 222

Rushing
Rams: 104
Vikings: 154

Turnovers
Rams: 1
Vikings: 4 (three very bad reads on throws)

Sacks
Rams: 2
Vikings: 6 (I mentioned player ratings in my first post and my D-Ends were much better than the Rams tackles and each had 2. Not the same in my next game as it was more even and neither had a sack. The best part is you could clearly see this play out in the action.)

Penalties
Rams: 5-36
Vikings: 3-20

Individual Stats
Rams
Foles 20-31, 361 yards 2 TD, 0 Int
Mason 26 carries for 58 yards
Gurley 7 carries for 46 yards (Gurley looked like the much better option in game play)

Vikings
Bridgewater 14-25, 237 yards 2 TD, 4 Int (Like I said, 3 on me totally)
Peterson 18 carries for 143 yards (includes a 59 yard TD jaunt)
McKinnon 2 carries for 11 yards

Vikings (me) 27 Jets 20

Total yards
Jets: 340
Vikings: 388

Passing
Jets: 250
Vikings: 271

Rushing
Jets: 90
Vikings: 117

Turnovers
Jets: 0 (Hey, their QB is a Harvard graduate)
Vikings: 1

Sacks
Jets: 1
Vikings: 1 (Where as my D-Line had 5 of 6 in game 1, this was from a linebacker and when D-line did get pressure Fitzpatrick took off or threw it away, which I did not see from Foles in the Rams game)

Penalties
Jets: 3-20
Vikings: 2-15

Individual Stats
Jets
Fitzpatrick 17-27, 257 yards 1 TD, 0 Int (Good pocket presence as mentioned above)
Ivory 14 carries for 52 yards
Fitzpatrick 3 carries for 29 yards
Ridley 3 carries for 12 yards

Vikings
Bridgewater 24-32, 274 yards 0 TD, 1 Int (Made a living underneath in this one)
Peterson 25 carries for 99 yards
McKinnon 5 carries for 18 yards

Will decide on bumping CPU run blocking after I play a better running team than these two, but heavily leaning to 56 or 57.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This is a good thread i will dump all my information into here since I'm going to be tweaking Pro Level.

However I'm using slow speed but you can actually force the Human player to speed up his reaction time by increasing some CPU defensive sliders even without over inflating them....

Keep in mind when playing these in play now fatigue and auto sub is absolutely broken which messes up the game if you go to high without leaving in default.

I would love to test out pro if playmaker is able to post his base soon enough, but I'll try to use what is posted also because as much as I like All-Pro I feel pro on this game where ratings matter will make a huge difference.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Awesome, will very much be looking forward to what you come up with PM! Slow and maintaining the challenge would be the perfect storm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Updated first post with modifications for slow setting, which really had a big impact on the run game and to a lesser degree on some user skills.

First game after final tweaks

Vikings (me) 24 Eagles 21

This one started out wild, tied 14-14 after a quarter before the defenses settled in.

Stats
Total yards: Vikings 365, Eagles 376
Rushing yards: Vikings 134, Eagles 111
Passing yards: Vikings 231, Eagles 265
No turnovers
Sacks: Vikings 3, Eagles 1 (But they got pressure on me consistently)
Penalties: Vikings 2-24, Eagles 3-19 (in CFM will bump some of these, but don't think I need to go as high as the +5 increments in play now)

Bridgewater 18-28, 237 1 TD, no picks, yay!!
Bradford 18-27, 298 3 TD

Peterson 23 carries 130 yards (This was helped by a 61 yard TD run, otherwise 22 for 69, which is very AP like)
Murray 18 carries for 98 (He had a real nice run where I stuffed him, he broke a tackle, spun out and went for 16)

Going to play with these some more, but first impressions are promising.

Last edited by BYU 14; 08-29-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Stats so far with update:

Dallas 6 Me
SF 0

2nd Q

Should be up more considering my yards, but the 49ers are doing a good job inside the red zone.

Romo 9-11 108
Kap 3-5 28

Randle 6-13
Hyde 4-24
Bush 1-20
Kap 1-11

Dez 5-64 can't cover him.

Will finish the game after the Bears play.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I think moving Run Blocking up was the right thing to do BYU....

From the stats posted in the other thread it suggested that the CPU was really struggling on the ground and my initial reaction was to move it all the way up to 70 (until I observe EA's Default ratings).

Also, I like your decision to lower Tackling because EA's football games always tend to have tackling way too strong out of the box.

Cycling through the high and low ratings of the players helps me to determine some slider settings such as Tackling, WR Catch & QBA.

I've done in this years past figuring out averages based on their default rosters which you can apply to each slider and help give the game a more organic feel and unlock some more animations....

You can also get a good base setting for Run Block and Pass Block settings by observing EA's ratings in those category as well.

For example lets say the lowest rated Pass Blocker in the game has a 55 Pass Block rating then you can build sliders around that rating as the minimum base setting and that allows offensive linemen to perform without inflating the slider boosting up every single offensive linemen in the game.

For WR catch it's a combination of things like their true Catch rating + Catch In Traffic

I'm not sure if it really matters what speed is utilized that just comes down to personal preference by each individual (I personally prefer Slow as mentioned before)

Keep up the Good Work!!!!!!!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-29-2015 at 07:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »